Afraid of not making it to the hospital for delivery

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 13th, 2009, 10:44 PM
ScubaMom's Avatar Veteran
I am starting to get nervous about delivery. I am at 36 weeks now. I had both of my previous babies at 37 weeks exactly. With my second dd my labor lasted on hour and I almost didn't make it to the hospital - she was born about 5 minutes after we arrived and I was still on the stretcher.

At my last appointment I was 2-3 cm dialated, and I am having irregular contractions. I have told my doctor about my concerns, but he doesn't seem to take them seriously.

I know each pregnancy is different, but if this happens any faster than my second, I'll be having the baby on the way to the hospital.
December 13th, 2009, 10:58 PM
mommy2angels's Avatar ~*mommy 2 angels*~
just make them listen asap.. even if you have to exaggerate. my friend had to do that, and they didnt believe her, until they looked under her sheet and he was crowning... they think they know alot, and they do, but you know more about you
December 14th, 2009, 04:56 AM
Heaven's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh wow..I think that is a ligit concern!

I think you should be more vocal about it and ensure your doctor is taking you seriously. You don't want to end up jeopardizing your health/safety or the baby's.
December 14th, 2009, 05:15 AM
Platinum Supermommy
WOW! Thats a fast delivery!

I agree with the other girls, be more vocal to your doctor so he will take you more seriously! And I think there is a cord tying kit or something the hospitals will give out or your doctor might give you and ask for that. And ask him to explain to your husband (or whoever is bring you to the hospital) what to do in that sort of emergency. He might take you more serious with those types of questions.

December 14th, 2009, 07:55 AM
karenwalter's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Your doc should be more understanding. Was he your OB for your other kids? Then he should definently know how fast you go. I would bring it up again, or find somewhere you can stay really close to the hospital.

. Thanks .hOOdihoo.this. for another beautiful siggy!

December 14th, 2009, 09:28 AM
Ooh_lala's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Our hospital is 5 min away, so no worries.

But your OB should DEFINITELY address your concerns.

Piper- 02/12/07
Camden- 02/27/08
Ryker- 01/12/10
Atticus- 05/26/11

FINALLY expecting PINK again! Tatum Carlee EDD 06/08.

You don't have to ask, yes we know what causes it, and since you're asking and dont, google might be a nice place to start.
December 14th, 2009, 11:02 AM
Mega Super Mommy
im only concerned because i have never had natural labor contractions so i fear i wont know im in labor until too late... but i would def. make your Dr. listen...

ive even thought about trying to show Dh how to check my cervix.... i have done it a couple times now on my own... that way if im feeling bad i can have him check at home to see....
kaitlyn 3
Mathiue lil baby!

December 14th, 2009, 11:05 AM
stlgirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Be firm with your Dr, and also I guess just make sure that once you hit 37 weeks you have your bags packed and are ready to jump in that car and drive drive drive at the first signs of labor! No use waiting if you think you may progress quickly enough to deliver this child within an hour or so!
December 17th, 2009, 09:51 PM
ScubaMom's Avatar Veteran
Forget the car - DH says he is going to call an ambulance for me once I go into labor. That way there will be profrssionals around to deal with it if I have the baby on the way.

To add to my worries - there is a huge snowstorm forcast for Saturday - right when I hit 37 weeks.

I see the doc tomorrow. Hopefully I can get him to send me to the hospital then.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search