progress updates

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 16th, 2009, 08:45 PM
LadyCoconut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I haven't been checked yet. I have an appt Monday where I'll be 36w and some change and they're going the GBS test, so I figure mayyyybe they'll check since they're already down there? I kept saying that I don't care to know b/c you can go from not dilated to baby in a matter of hours, or you can walk around dilated for weeks... so it seems kind of like a crap shoot either way... and if it hurts or is uncomfortable to be checked then why bother? But I do want to be checked just b/c I don't think she's head down yet and I figure if they're checking me they'll at least be able to say for sure if she's head down or still breech. And with so many other people reporting their stats... I kinda wanna know now, but I would probably be better off staying in the dark! haha

December 17th, 2009, 01:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have no idea on the internal progress. They do not check here until due date

Other symptomes: Stings while walking, feel like there is something in the way when I ride my bike. It was already confirmed that she had dropped 2,5 weeks ago, so that is great
Looser stools, which is wonderfull after months of problems
December 17th, 2009, 04:17 AM
twoboys's Avatar photography co-host!!
I have a doc apt today!! Will update later on this one!! =)
December 17th, 2009, 04:24 AM
Amazona's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
60% effaced, 1.5 cm dialated and -2 station

I know it means nothing but at least I´ve started having some reaction "down there". I was affraid nothing would happen given that my mom never effaced nor dialated w/me at 40 weeks.

So only 8.5 cm to go!, yay!!
LOL

PS: also lots of BH and according to the dr, some real ones in between (otherwise I wouldn´t have started to dialate/efface)

December 17th, 2009, 05:08 AM
mysticalgal28's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Had my 37 week appointment yesterday... NO PROGRESS
December 17th, 2009, 06:02 AM
Mom2M&S's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't go in again until next Wednesday, the 23rd. I'll be just over 35 weeks then and I'm not sure if she will be checking me or not.

I'm jealous of all of you that are full term already!! Funny what just a couple of extra weeks means.

December 17th, 2009, 06:03 AM
megpie
1cm....baby is still up high
December 17th, 2009, 06:12 AM
stlgirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by bright future View Post
I think all the checking should be taken with a grain of salt... I felt LOADS of pressure and had a ZILLION BH contractions with DS... none of it meant I was ready to go into labour.

I have come to learn you really just have to wait until you're really in labour... and I'm pretty sure 99% of women will know when it's time. It's just about impossible to judge how long it will be even with a little progression.
I definitely agree that the 'progress' doesn't really mean that much, since some women go from 0-10 in several hours while for others it takes a month or more. It's funny, actually - I hadn't even planned on doing the internal checks (they are optional at my office), but it was my DOULA who wanted me to have them because she has found that even though they don't always mean anything, it is still nice to have at least *some* idea of what is going on, and that sometimes you can tailor your eating or activity habits to try and help 'speed things along' if you are, for example, only 10% effaced and not at all dilated come two days before your EDD. That might mean upping your red raspberry leaf tea intake, or doing extra pelvic rocks. And the same goes for the other way - if you are 3cm dilated at only 35 weeks, she might recommend cutting back on activity and holding off on tea or EPO. I don't know how other doulas handle this sort of thing, but mine likes weekly check-ins from me and gives me suggestions accordingly. As a first-timer, I appreciate that
December 17th, 2009, 10:35 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm 38 weeks, 3cm dilated, 75% effaced, -2 station. Doctor says she can feel the head "right there" when she checks. I've been having cramping and lots of BHs for the past several weeks. Every day I wake up and think surely today is the day, but now I'm discouraged and am thinking I'm going to be overdue and need an induction! Oh, well. At least when I finally go into labor I'll be able to get an epidural quickly (since you have to be at a 4 to get one) (-:
December 17th, 2009, 11:23 AM
Kensleigh hasn't dropped...but the severe heartburn I've had the past couple of months is starting to improve so I am wondering if she may be starting to make her way down. I am extremely crampy and having TONS of BH. Not getting much sleep at all, can't sleep on my right side because I have this awful burning pain under my rib cage on that side after a few minutes, and my left hip hurts so bad that I can't stay on that side for long either. Go back to the doctor Monday and I'll be 35w 2d.
December 17th, 2009, 12:44 PM
J*cubed*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to J*cubed* Send a message via Yahoo to J*cubed*
Finally got checked today and I'm 1cm dilated. He still says we should be fine for the due date, and at LEAST make it to the 1st when my mom comes. He also said if I wanted to pick a date, he's okay with that too! Go go Binary baby! I'm still hoping for 01/10/10 or 01/11/10!

December 17th, 2009, 01:04 PM
Sally5's Avatar Exhausted Mommy!
Hey, Jen, you know 01/01/10 is binary, too!

At last check almost 10 weeks ago my cervix had shortened from 5cm to 3cm (but not considered effacement since it wasn't less than 3cm). I was also 1cm dilated then. I haven't been checked since then.

My OB says Jax is at 0 station and I can definenitely tell! I feel like I have bowling ball in my pelvis, lol!

My BH had tapered off significantly for about 5 weeks but now they are back and I'm not sure all of them are BH...sometimes they are pretty intense and nothing makes them stop - they just eventually fade away. I had BH all day yesterday about 10mins apart and then yesterday evening they went to being 5 mins apart for about an hour - and boy were they uncomfortable!!! I was about to go in to the hospital but then they just spaced back out...I'm still having them every 20-30 minutes.

Of course, if I have Jax at the exact same gestational age as Morgan then he will be born today I have a feeling he'll at least stay put until next week or so though.

I will have another cervical check on 12/28 and I'm actually hoping for some progress (I cheated with the other 2 and was already at 5cm when labor started...I'd like a repeat of that, please!)

~~~~~~
December 17th, 2009, 05:53 PM
J*cubed*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to J*cubed* Send a message via Yahoo to J*cubed*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally5 View Post
Hey, Jen, you know 01/01/10 is binary, too!
Yeah, originally we had that in the mix too BUT my mom flys in on 01/01/10 and will stay until 01/18/10 so we REAAALY don't want it to happen on the 1st unless it's at night after we're safely home from our trip to St. Louis to pick her up.

December 17th, 2009, 09:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am closed as of today (35w+5days) baby is low and head down

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful Siggy!

December 17th, 2009, 09:30 PM
ScubaMom's Avatar Veteran
I am 3cm dilated, about 50% effaced. I get to 37 weeks tomorrow - and can finally get off of bedrest! I am having contractions about every 20 minutes. I am also spilling protien in my urine at about a +1 for the last couple weeks and have high bp. And tonight I have a headache. I am worried about preeclampsia.

I see the doc tomorrow, and I want to get sent to the hospital from there. I am hoping I don't go into labor during the big snowstorm predicted for the DC area on Saturday!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search