progress updates

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 16th, 2009, 09:04 AM
stlgirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Let's hear it, ladies: what is your 'progress' status, based on internal checks and other symptoms?

At my appt. yesterday, my cervix was high and soft, and I was 0.5 cm dilated and about 20% effaced. I've been having a TON of braxton-hicks contractions and feeling more pressure in my pelvic region, though OB says baby hasn't dropped at all, so obviously I still have a ways to go. I'm full term (37 weeks) next Monday.
December 16th, 2009, 09:07 AM
mommy2angels's Avatar ~*mommy 2 angels*~
2.5-3 cm tinned out (no % told) and I have been getting alotta pressure... COME ON BABY!! I am 37.5 weeks
December 16th, 2009, 09:07 AM
Heaven's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ughhh I feel nothing anymore!! I was having BH last week and lots of pressure pain! Baby now feels high and pain is not as bad except for the heartburn! I have an appointment this friday so hopefully they will check me and gimme some good news cause I am getting impatient!!!
December 16th, 2009, 03:53 PM
stlgirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
bump - wanna see how everyone else is progressing too!
December 16th, 2009, 03:56 PM
J*cubed*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to J*cubed* Send a message via Yahoo to J*cubed*
I won't know until tomorrow IF he decides to check me. I have been having a TON of BH and I know for a fact that the baby dropped a bit and I've had a bunch of pressure. Jesse doesn't think we will make it to Jan. 10th, but I'm still hoping for at least the 2nd. I'll update tomorrow when I know for sure where things stand.

December 16th, 2009, 04:05 PM
amandakay29's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No dilation or effacement...just soften cervix and I'll be 37 weeks on Saturday.
December 16th, 2009, 04:41 PM
bright future's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I won't be checked. But I started feeling mildly crampy today. I got my belly felt yesterday by my GP's vacation replacement who said she could feel where the head was and he wasn't yet engaged... and he was face up anyway.

2 weeks tomorrow I'll have my boy
December 16th, 2009, 04:43 PM
gina!'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am only 33.5 weeks so no checking me for awhile! But I know baby is not head down but I have been having BH for the past 8 weeks or so.
December 16th, 2009, 04:45 PM
C&K'sMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm 35.5 weeks. They haven't checked anything yet. I'm positive she's not lowered/engaged. Crampy but other than than I expect her to stay in for a while yet.

"Disability is not a brave struggle or ‘courage in the face of adversity.’ Disability is an art. It’s an ingenious way to live."
December 16th, 2009, 05:24 PM
Koti's Avatar Nugget's Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Koti Send a message via Yahoo to Koti
I went in today and still nothing.
December 16th, 2009, 05:29 PM
Nicole1110's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I will know on Monday! I am finally going to allow the Dr. to check me just so I can make sure I am "favorable" for my induction next weekend.

Major
December 16th, 2009, 05:32 PM
Carrie429's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Carrie429
checked today - cervix is open on the outside but still pretty much closed in, a little more than 50% effaced, -3, head down, BH contractions have really started to pick up the past few days (though not too many tonight)

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy! ~*~ Blog ~*~bfp Chart
December 16th, 2009, 05:37 PM
Platinum Supermommy
**Some of this is TMI**
Im 37w3d and
Im 1cm dialated and he said oh her heads right there. Other than that Dr. didnt say much other than "It could be any day now" which no duh, she has to come out some time soon.
I can feel she has dropped.
Ive been haveing tons of BH and Ive been crampy.
My pelvic pain is unreal, I feel like there is constant pressure like I need to take a poo but I know I dont.
Ive been having loose stools, which today was pretty bad but Im thinking it could have been the pizza we ate yesterday cause DD had some loose stools also today.
Ive been nesting like a fool (shampooed the carpets, couch, recliner, kitchen bar stools and kitchen chairs yesterday)
I think Im slowly loosing my mucus plug. No bloody show or anything but really thick slimy discharge and it could just be discharge but Im thinking it could also be my plug. Not 100% sure, could just be wishful thinking haha

All kinds of signs that my body is getting ready for something. I hope I make it to my induction day on Dec 28!

December 16th, 2009, 06:56 PM
Veteran
Last week I was 1cm and doc said her head is right there. I will be 37 weeks on Sat. I go tomorrow to be checked again. I can't wait to have her but I have so much to do I could use to time before she's born.
December 16th, 2009, 06:57 PM
Ali15's Avatar LovingMy3Miracles
At my appt on Monday (36 weeks) I was 2cm and 50% effaced. I'm having BH contractions daily, some more uncomfortable than others.
December 16th, 2009, 07:18 PM
Veteran
My dr really doesnt do anything cuz i'm a c-section..which makes me mad. I'll ask her to check like how the baby is positioned..if i've dialated..etc..and she always says it doesnt matter your a c-section? .. at my last vist..37 weeks 1 day..she wasnt even going to check me but i told her that i was having ALOT of BH's with alot of pressure..so she looked and all she said is that i'm closed. The day after the BH's got alot stronger at about 4 in the morning..and were very consistent to every half hour.. but they stayed like that for about 24 hours..and now i'm back down to just random ones. Other then that i dont notice anything except a watery discharge..so must not be losing my mucus plug yet. I''m sure i'll go to my date.. i'm scheduled for dec 28 7:30 in the morning. It seems like my dr shrugs alot of stuff off that i ask her about.. i know with my next baby i will be changing drs. she was good with my first 2 .. but this one she acts like everything i ask her is something i should know cuz i've had 2 already.. well everyone knows each one is different.. the difference with this one being i bled for the first 7-8 weeks.. and also had to be on progesterone for 14 weeks.. and didnt have any of that with my first 2..so yeah.. i was alot more nervous with this one. but 10 days from tomorrow.. and i'll finally get to hold her..i'm so excited!
December 16th, 2009, 07:20 PM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My doctor said on Monday that she won't do a cervical check until at least 37 weeks, and even though I have an appointment next week (at 36 weeks, 6 days), it will be with a different doctor, as mine will be out for the holidays. So I don't know if the new doc will do a check...I imagine not. So probably no progress info until the following week.

I have had some BH contractions, but not a ton. I have had some cramping and lower back aches...lots of pelvic pressure. People keep telling me that it looks like she's dropped, but I really have no idea...she's been low pretty much the whole time.

SO...I said all that to say I have no idea!

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

December 16th, 2009, 07:55 PM
*Mommy2Camden*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
At my apt. last week my cervix was soft and a fingertip dialated. Baby still hasn't dropped. LOTS of BH contrax. I'm full term today!!

December 16th, 2009, 08:14 PM
Platinum Supermommy
1cm dilated, 30% effaced, and at -2 station. She said that she can feel the baby's head, and when she pushes at his head, he goes up and comes back down. We're looking at a week before my due date, maybe, but babies come when they want.

December 16th, 2009, 08:26 PM
bright future's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think all the checking should be taken with a grain of salt... I felt LOADS of pressure and had a ZILLION BH contractions with DS... none of it meant I was ready to go into labour.

I have come to learn you really just have to wait until you're really in labour... and I'm pretty sure 99% of women will know when it's time. It's just about impossible to judge how long it will be even with a little progression.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search