What are you eating??? Any weird cravings lately???

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 16th, 2009, 01:37 PM
Mom2M&S's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by BinaryBaby View Post
at eggs. For the LONGEST time during this pregnancy all I wanted for breakfast was an omelet. I think Jesse probably made 50 or 60 of them for me. Like I've said in so many other posts though, it's so hard for me to eat most things. I start eating them and I just gag on them and have to quit, so I eat what I can...though somehow what I can eat usually ends up being pretty unhealthy. Doctor isn't concerned though.
I swear I could have written this exact response Jen. I want to be one of the preggo people that can chow down on everything all day long! I can't even enjoy a bowl of cereal these days. I sit down, eat maybe 5 bites and either am full beyond belief or feel extremely sickly.

December 17th, 2009, 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginaali View Post
I went through the egg stage too from months 4 to 7. All I wanted was egges with a piece of bread and butter. Lately I have just wanted Hawaii Punch or Lemondade with crushed ice. My drinks have to be super cold. Right now I have a cold so nothing sounds good so I am forcing myself to eat...boo hoo.

I constantly have a glass of lemonade and crushed ice...of which I usually drink only half of the lemonade and eat the rest of the ice. I eat ice all day everyday. Same with my first pregnancy. I have been craving any kind of bread..go figure I would crave carbs.
December 17th, 2009, 11:39 AM
mysticalgal28's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was on a lemonade kick at the begining of my pregnancy!! Now I just love Cherry Juciy Juice
December 17th, 2009, 11:54 AM
gina!'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would like some ice cream RIGHT NOW but then my kids will want some....
December 17th, 2009, 01:26 PM
Sally5's Avatar Exhausted Mommy!
OK, since I got such flack over this on FB I might as well mention it here

I am seriously in love with a Philosopher's Pie with anchovies from Mellow Mushroom.

For those of you who don't know, a Philosopher's Pie is a pizza with an olive oil and garlic base sauce (instead of the red sauce usually used) with steak, portobello mushrooms, artichoke hearts, and Kalamata olives covered in feta, provolone, and mozzarella chesses - and of course, I like to have them add anchovies. YUM, YUM!!!!!

~~~~~~
December 17th, 2009, 01:35 PM
mysticalgal28's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally5 View Post

I am seriously in love with a Philosopher's Pie with anchovies from Mellow Mushroom.

For those of you who don't know, a Philosopher's Pie is a pizza with an olive oil and garlic base sauce (instead of the red sauce usually used) with steak, portobello mushrooms, artichoke hearts, and Kalamata olives covered in feta, provolone, and mozzarella chesses - and of course, I like to have them add anchovies. YUM, YUM!!!!!
Sounds really good other than the anchovie part!!!
December 17th, 2009, 01:53 PM
andrews_sweetie's Avatar Mom to Aiden
Quote:

At least it sound healthy for you.
December 17th, 2009, 03:00 PM
gina!'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:

Okay, that actually sounds good! I think I would eat anything with feta on it!
December 17th, 2009, 03:09 PM
Regular
Eggs- But only over medium on a piece of toast with too much butter...

Sausage. Any kind. Period.

Macaroni and Cheese.

A Whopper.

Why can't I crave anything good for me??
December 17th, 2009, 03:26 PM
sarahlorrain's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:

That sounds DELISH except for the mushrooms, artichoke hearts, and anchovies. Where do you get these? It must be a restaurant that makes it? I've never heard of it before!

On the subject of lemonade, I went on a lemonade kick for about a week. I wanted some SO bad. I went through the drive thru to get lemonade one day (some people call them beer barns, you drive through the building and people put your stuff in your ice chest for you if you want; they have beer, wine, fountain drinks, sodas, snacks, etc). Well, they stopped selling it in the fountain cups with ice! They used to mix it up in a pitcher and sell it in the fountain cups and it was SO GOOD. I was so mad. Another day I went to a local coffee house to get a strawberry lemonade slushie and they were out! Ack, then, I went to Subway one day and I wanted lemonade. It wasn't to be ... they were out. This all happened in the same week I was craving lemonade. I had to settle for the crappy bottled lemonade from the cooler at the grocery. NOT the same thing, especially when your a hormonal pregnant lady! Great, now I want lemonade. I guess I'll have to make some. Good thing I have a bottle of lemon juice in my fridge!

Owner of HomeJobsForMom.com
December 17th, 2009, 05:30 PM
Sally5's Avatar Exhausted Mommy!
Sarah, here's a link for the restaurant: www.mellowmushroom.com/ It is soooo yummy!

~~~~~~
December 17th, 2009, 07:04 PM
Ali15's Avatar LovingMy3Miracles
I have craved random things throughout this pregnancy and after I eat them a few times, I don't want them anymore. So different from my 1st pregnancy where I wanted pizza anytime, all the time, the whole 40 weeks - LOL! Lately, I've been craving chicken salad (canned chicken mixed with: mayo, finely chopped carrots and celery, sweet relish and a chopped hard boiled egg). YUM.
December 17th, 2009, 09:43 PM
peace.love.audrey
Quote:
Originally Posted by KGrace23 View Post
I constantly have a glass of lemonade and crushed ice...of which I usually drink only half of the lemonade and eat the rest of the ice. I eat ice all day everyday. Same with my first pregnancy. I have been craving any kind of bread..go figure I would crave carbs.
Welcome! With all that ice eating I am wondering....have you been checked for anemia??

My cravings have been pretty consistent through this pregnancy........ice cream, gatorade, ice tea and SUSHI!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search