GROUP PICTURE GIRL: dig out your bfp pics! :)

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 16th, 2009, 03:26 PM
LadyCoconut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Let's take a trip down memory lane...

I want to see pictures of your from this pregnancy!

How many DPO were you when you got a +?

Do you still have the test?

How did you tell SO?

December 16th, 2009, 03:36 PM
Platinum Supermommy

I wrote 3-23-09 on the test but it was really 4-23-09 Im just a dumbie ha. I was 3 weeks 5 days when I found out and it was 10-12 DPO. Not sure since my OPKs were all weird.

My husband and DD were sleeping when I took the test and so I just went in and woke him up and handed him the test. It had only been 8 weeks since my D&C from my miscarriage. So we were both very shocked even though that cycle we were trying.

When we told our families I told them on Mother's day. I my mom and my MIL a picutre frame and in it the frame was a poem.

I do not have a face to see, Or put inside a frame.
I do not have soft checks to kiss, I don't yet have a name.
You can't yet hold my tiny hands, Nor whisper in my ear.
It's still too soon to sing a song, Or cuddle me so near.
But all will change come January 3, 2010, That's when they say I'm due.
I'm your new grandson or granddaughter, I can't wait till I meet you.
All I ask between now and then, Is your patience while I grow.
I promise I'll be worth the wait, Because of all the love we'll know.
So what I have to give you now, is a wish to you from me.
I cannot wait to be a part of this wonderful Family.

And no I dont have the test anymore. Those things go blank after a few days. I kept them on the counter until they went blank. I had bought a pack of 10 test on accident and of course the first one was positive. So every few days Id take a new test when the other would go blank and leave it on the bathroom counter cause I was in so much shock.

December 16th, 2009, 05:02 PM
2Reasons2Smile's Avatar Love my little family <3

It think I took the test a day or so before mothers day and was already almost 5 weeks, my cycle before had been longer and I thought my cycle was just off again so didn't think I was pg.

I can't remember how I told DH exactly probably just walked up to him and told him but again I can't remember.
December 16th, 2009, 05:31 PM
Bekki
No pics here, but i do still have the tests. I don't know why, I've never held on to them this long before.
I was a couple days earlier than 4 weeks, but don't remember the date, or why I even tested. I don't know how I told dh. This all seems like ages ago.
My biggest thing was we were leaving for Disney World the next week and I wanted to know before then.
December 16th, 2009, 05:33 PM
Nicole1110's Avatar Platinum Supermommy

Sorry, it's pretty blurry.

I was 11 DPO when I got the definite positive but I had actually gotten a faint positive on a Dollar tree test the evening before. I don't have any of my tests. I was a POAS addict and probably took 2 dozen tests in total. They built up on the sink for weeks and I finally got sick of looking at them and threw them away. DH came in the bathroom while I dipping the digi in my pee cup and watched the result appear with me so I didn't have to tell him

Major
December 16th, 2009, 05:43 PM
J*cubed*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to J*cubed* Send a message via Yahoo to J*cubed*

The tests were taken on May 07. I was about 3 weeks 4 days when I found out, but I pretty much knew I was pregnant from the get go, even when I took a test that turned out negative a few days before these tests.

I had to tell Jesse over a text and a phone call since he wasn't living with me at the time and lived 5 hours away. I showed him the tests later on when we were talking on the webcam. I wish he could have been here with me, but he had no way to move here yet.

and YAY for group picture girl coming back!! I missed it!

December 16th, 2009, 06:03 PM
Super Mommy
got BFP April 29th, 14 DPO at 7am. I tested NEGATIVE on 12 DPO but we were TTC so I was addicted to testing every day! I didn't believe there was a line so I took a camera phone pic (first one). I stared at it all day in disbelief.

I told DH after work, once I came home and took 2 more tests! Found a digital EPT in the drawer, and took another dollar store test. once the digital came up I ran down and was banging on the bathroom door for him to hurry up and get out, had something to tell him! LOL
December 16th, 2009, 06:48 PM
~April04~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to ~April04~ Send a message via MSN to ~April04~
I was 6dp5dt (11dpo) - it was May 12

This is from my BFP post:

OK, so I woke up this morning to take my daily test, dipped the test in and went to lay back down. I layed there, holding my stomach, crying and praying that it would come up positive.. At the 8 min mark I went back in the bathroom and saw a faint line.. Holy Crap! I started crying and with shaking hands got the digital.. dipped that in and let it sit... came up PREGNANT! I started bawling and texted my husband that I really needed him to come home. He called about 2 mins later freaking out asking what was wrong, so me, crying, told him that he really needed to come home for a little while. So he did.

I was sitting on the couch with a grin on my face.. and told him to look on his desk.. He did and turned back around to my grin.. turned back around to the test.. back to me and was like ?.. I was like yup I'm pregnant! To which he ran to me and we hugged/kissed and he kissed my tummy and said "told you so".

Thank You Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggie!

December 16th, 2009, 06:58 PM
J*cubed*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to J*cubed* Send a message via Yahoo to J*cubed*
April, I LOVE that story! So amazing. I'm so glad you two are finally getting your precious baby!

December 16th, 2009, 07:03 PM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
4 weeks exactly (I think that was May 5th):

I already "knew" I was pregnant...could just tell that something felt different. I had already been having some changes in tastes, and felt some different stretching-type feelings in my lower abdomen. Plus, my periods had been very regular, and always start in the morning, and I didn't start that day like I normally would have.

As much as I would have liked to tell my husband in some special way, it really wasn't like that. We were trying (that was the first cycle). I took a test as soon as I got home from work, and it was 100% obvious that it was positive...two dark pink lines right away. Of course, I wasn't surprised. I didn't call my husband and tell him right away, because I wanted to tell him in person. And then he had some stuff he had to do after work. When I finally did see him, he asked, "Did you start your period today?" (romantic, I know). And I said, "No...I took a test...it was positive..." He was in shock--it took him a few days to really get excited about it.

I do still have the test...it's in my closet on a shelf. Some days I still look at it and think about how crazy it is that we're having a baby...even though I'm 36 weeks pregnant! Seeing the test still is pretty mind-blowing somehow.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

Last edited by ThaiSpice; December 16th, 2009 at 07:09 PM.
December 16th, 2009, 07:10 PM
~April04~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to ~April04~ Send a message via MSN to ~April04~
Quote:
Originally Posted by BinaryBaby View Post
April, I LOVE that story! So amazing. I'm so glad you two are finally getting your precious baby!
Thank you

Thank You Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggie!

December 16th, 2009, 07:15 PM
kmac's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i dont have my pic anymore since my laptop just completely bit the bullet and wiped all my pictures and documents with it.

it was a digital though so it obviously said "pregnant". haha i had taken it in the target bathroom cuz i was afraid to take it at home. we had only had sex ONE time that month but i was "late"...granted i had only had one period after i had emerson so i wasnt really sure but i tested just to put my mind at ease. turns out i was pregnant! yikes!

i came home and picked up emerson and had her say (well, in ventriloquist style) "hey daddy, guess what? i'm gonna be a big sister!" haha...brad laughed for a second adn then realized what i said and was like "what!?!?!? are you serious!??!? but we only had sex ONCE!" my reply "yeah, thats what i thought...but apparently thats all it takes." lots of shock and "oh crap"'s followed after that....
December 16th, 2009, 07:35 PM
Veteran
i had a miscarriage the month before.. so not really sure when i ovulated.. i got my first bfp on april 27th.. with hcg 28... progesterone 12.. then on april 29th hcg was 73..almost tripled so they didnt check it anymore..measured baby at what i thought was just almost 11 weeks .. said baby measured 11 weeks/5days.. i looked at my tests the other day and was surprised that all but the digitals are still showing positive after all this time! Here are my pictures..and yes i was a little test obsessed..

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/b...026ed2025e.jpg

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/b...c76b39d0d2.jpg

The VERY first test
http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/b...c36e3e0eee.jpg
December 16th, 2009, 07:53 PM
*Mommy2Camden*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I got my bfp at 10DPO!!! I don't have the test, but saved it for several weeks. I woke my hubby up at 5:00am right after I tested and yelled "OMG, there are 2 lines!!!!"

December 16th, 2009, 08:23 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I don't know how many days DPO my test was, since I have an irregular cycle. I didn't think it was going to happen because I was using those ovulation tests and I thought I'd missed it.

May 18th, we had an appointment at 2pm to talk with the fertility doc about our test results and where to go from there. I'd been having problems sleeping on my stomach the past few nights, so I thought I'd take the test on a whim.. probably about 9am or so. I came out of the bathroom with a dazed look on my face to see the hubby sitting on the edge of the bed. He asked what was wrong, and I told him "I don't think we need the appointment this afternoon," and then showed him the test. He was so afraid to get his hopes up, so he said we'll go to the appointment anyway, just in case. So we went, the doc talked to us about the test results, and then I told the doc about my positive test. He said they could run the test, and sure enough, it was true! It still took us awhile for the news to actually sink in.

I didn't take any pics of it, though.

December 16th, 2009, 09:09 PM
LadyCoconut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I just dug up my old (Can I join you guys? I'm a GRAD!) thread

I got my bfp on May 4th so I was 10DPO or 3w3d.

I had an IC that was about to expire so I said WTH and took it. Nothing came up so I just left it on the counter and went back to watching TV. I checked on a commercial and *thought* I saw a second line but wasn't sure and figured it was an evap. I really needed a second pair of eyes but didn't want to tell DH some crappy way. It was like 11 pm so we were both home and up... I was being very sneaky. I took a pic from the honeymoon and emailed it to DH and told him to check it while I was in the same room. I gave him this pic-

He was all "are you serious?" and I'm like... mayyyybe? come look at this! He saw the second line ... and I text a pic to a friend from JM and her and her DH saw the second line so DH ran to the store to buy some FRER. I took it instantly without holding my pee and a much more visible line came up.

Here's the IC-

Then next to the FRER-

Several days later I took a dollar store test and those SUCK. I nearly had a panic attack the line was so faint! Luckily I had peed in a cup so I dipped a FRER in there too. Here's both of them... in the same pee... so in the future- don't trust dollar store tests! haha

and then the progression-

I still have all of them too. They're in a drawer in the kitchen, of all places.

December 16th, 2009, 09:37 PM
Koti's Avatar Nugget's Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Koti Send a message via Yahoo to Koti
I got my first positive positive 2 days before Mother's day. I was working a Friday which is my usual day off, and stopped off by Walgreen's beforehand and picked up a two pack.
I took a test about 2 weeks prior before getting in the shower, and didn't see anything, but after I got out of the shower, there looked like an evap line. I guess I didn't think it was true.

Anyways, when I got to work, I took the test. It didn't seem to have enough pee to make it up the stick so I got aggrivated and stuck it in the toilet to get water on it. When I did that, the line showed up right away. I figured I messed the test up. I took the second test a few hours later and the positive line came up right away. I couldn't believe my eyes. I text baby daddy a picture of the test.

Here's the two test I took. I'm disappointed the picture didn't come out good at all.

And then the test from the clinic about a week later.

December 16th, 2009, 09:53 PM
KtKuKi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I thought I may be pregnant, because I was a week late, but I was cramping big time, so I figured it was just wishful thinking. I told DH I wanted to be sure so we went out to Target to get a test. I was so anxious I took the first one right away but I barely had to pee and the test failed. We went to the park later to play frisbee golf, and again, I was anxious and decided to take it in the park bathroom. I get in there and really want to be sure this one has enough pee, so I get it all over, again, the first line showing the test worked didn't show up! I was so upset. And on top of that, I had peed all over my hand and the bathroom had no soap in it, or a trashcan, so I wrapped the test up in toilet paper and had to take it outside with me. Totally embarrassing. I told DH I was so annoyed at the two failed tests and wasted money, that I would wait another week and then test if I hadn't started. Yeah right, the next day he went to work, and I bought a test on my way to work. I was a nanny so I took it in the bathroom were I work. It came up positive and I was in total shock. I figured with the ordeal I'd gone through the day before there was no way I'd be pregnant. I started screaming and crying in the bathroom, and the little boy I watch was knocking on the door asking if I was ok! I was so excited to tell DH but he went out with friends after work. I was so frustrated. I met up with him afterward, saying I thought we should go to dinner. I struck up some small talk and then said "so....I'm pregnant" DH just sat there a minute and then said "wow" We had two cars at the restaurant and on the way home he called me and kept telling me to drive careful!

I don't have a picture of the actual test. I kept it next to my bed for a while, and took a pic on my cell phone, but I don't know how to put it on here.

December 17th, 2009, 08:46 AM
karenwalter's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Here's my FRER from about 12 DPO. I took a test on mother's day and thought maybe it was positive but threw it away because it was so faint and I didn't want to get my hopes up. Then I started spotting that day so I was sure I couldn't be pregnant. I don't know what made me take this test a few days later.

I waited all day for DH to come home. I had a onesie with the test on it on the bed. But, DH went into the kitchen instead. I just grabbed the onesie, test, and the camera and caught him when he was in the kitchen. I got a picture of his so surprised face.....

(This is in our rental house, we've since moved)

We told our families the next day by giving them a frame with a sign inside that said "Coming Soon Photo of Baby Walter January 2010"

. Thanks .hOOdihoo.this. for another beautiful siggy!

December 17th, 2009, 10:44 AM
Amazona's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
April 27th!

I didn´t want to deal with understanding lines and that stuff so I bought the easiest, most stupid test I could find!
LOL

Of course I didn´t trust it so I bought 4 of the cheapest, most un-reliable tests I could find and still tested positive! (though I only have this pic)
I think I didn´t believe it until 16 weeks or so when I started feeling the first kicks (very random). Even at the 1st u/s it was like watching a movie for me

Somehow I think it´s the most beautiful pic I´ve ever taken in my life

Last edited by Amazona; December 17th, 2009 at 10:46 AM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search