Are you cooking/freezing already?

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 17th, 2009, 06:23 AM
Amazona's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Can you share recipes or what kind of meals you´re freezing??
I want to start this afternoon and I do have some ideas, but I always lack imagination
Here´s what I´m thinking:

1) Shepard´s pie
2) Empanadas (argentinean stuff really easy to put in the oven, if anyone is interested I can post a recipe later)
3) Spaguetti sauce
4) I keep breaded chicken, breaded meat (we call them "milanesas") and other easy to cook meats like that

I was thinking of mixing up some stuff for the slow cooker but I´m new on that area so if you have any ideas, they´ll be more than welcomed!

December 17th, 2009, 06:47 AM
C&K'sMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I made beef stroganoff last night.I'm making chili and tuna lasagna (not red sauce)... chicken and veggie casserole. There is more but I can't think of them at this moment.

instant rice is not good when it's frozen, but regular rice freezes well.

Chili- 2 cans ranch style or chili beans, 1 sm can tomato sauce, chili powder, 1 lb hamburger. Serve over rice (I'll mix the rice in since it's going in the freezer).

Lasagna- cooked lasagna noodles (filling)-sm container of cottage cheese, spinach, couple tbsp of parm cheese. roll filling into noodles and place in pan (not flat layers like regular lasagna. (sauce)- 1 can cream of celery soup, one can cream of mush soup, 1 can tuna, milk until desired consistancy, cover rolls in sauce

Beef stroganoff- 1 lb hamburger, 1/2 beef gravy, 1 can (undiluted) condensed french onion soup, 1 (4oz) can mushrooms, 1 tbsp flour, 1 tbsp water, egg noddles. cook meat, add first 4 ingrediants, bring to boil. Seperately mix water and flour together, add flour mix to meat mixture. cook until thickened. Serve over cooked egg noddles (I mixed the meat mixture and the noodles together before freezing.)

"Disability is not a brave struggle or ‘courage in the face of adversity.’ Disability is an art. It’s an ingenious way to live."
December 17th, 2009, 06:54 AM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
I keep thinking I should- even if I just make up meatloaf mixture and don't cook it but freeze it, but it only takes like 5 min to put together so I talk myself out of it.

But, I keep putting it off, my mother will be here for the first week or two so she can cook if I can't and there is always take out!

December 17th, 2009, 07:28 AM
Veteran
Ugh. I really need to get on this. Really though, I think it will have to wait until after Christmas. My plan was to have a few weeks worth of meals frozen as we have a whole seperate freezer that we can use for it. I've got to do something as my husband and two older boys are not going to be happy eating bologna for a few weeks while I recuperate from surgery.
December 17th, 2009, 07:33 AM
megpie
oooooo I love this idea, but I've never done it!!! I want to do it this time, but I can see myself passing. Ugh. When I had Lucas, we paid one of the services that prespares your meals for two weeks (just dinners)....DH picked it up and put it in the freezer----so easy and I loved it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would love to do that again!
December 17th, 2009, 08:32 AM
karenwalter's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am making tortilla soup in the slow cooker. I also have taco meat already frozen so that can just be pulled out. I'm thinking of making that beef stroganoff now too. Also, my church is bringing food for at least the first week or so.

. Thanks .hOOdihoo.this. for another beautiful siggy!

December 17th, 2009, 12:34 PM
mysticalgal28's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I agree that beef stroganoff sounds soo good!!!! I ain't cooking anything, it will be my time to have stuff done for me!!!
December 17th, 2009, 04:23 PM
C&K'sMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticalgal28 View Post
it will be my time to have stuff done for me!!!
I WISH!! My husband can mess up cereal. I wouldn't doom us all and put him in the kitchen for any meal.

"Disability is not a brave struggle or ‘courage in the face of adversity.’ Disability is an art. It’s an ingenious way to live."

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search