Car bottle warmer

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 17th, 2009, 11:13 AM
sarahlorrain's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
For those who are planning on FF, I thought I'd tell you about this thing I saw at Pep Boys when we got tires this weekend. They had a whole rack of baby stuff for the car so I was looking at it. They had a bottle warmer that hooks up to the cig lighter or whatever power thing you have in your car. I thought that was pretty cool. Just a heads up for anyone who might not have known they make those!!

Owner of HomeJobsForMom.com
December 17th, 2009, 11:23 AM
LadyCoconut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I will be really curious if any BTDT moms who've tried this respond because I've read in other places on JM that its a great novelty item but not really 'worth' it. I plan to BF so I don't think I'd get one anyway, but I'm curious! It seems like a lot of people who bottle feed just don't heat it up at all when they're out and about and the baby takes it just fine so the warmer would wind up being a hassle or something.

December 17th, 2009, 11:29 AM
mysticalgal28's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I heard they are a waste just like the wipe warmers they have out... I personaly would not get one... but then again I never used cold water for bottles, I never trusted not finding a hot spot in a heated bottle, unless just heated by hot water in a bowl
December 17th, 2009, 11:32 AM
I was wondering the same thing! Some moms like warming up the bottle, some don't, and some only do it for the first month or so.

December 17th, 2009, 11:33 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I heard they are a waste too. I heard that they take forever to warm of a bottle.

December 17th, 2009, 11:35 AM
Mega Super Mommy
good scheduling and planning makes these things totally a waste... feed right before you leaveandif baby gets hungry in the car.... another binki time. plus how long do you anticipate being in the car with baby?? and okay.. you warmed your bottle in the car while driving... now what? pull over and feed??? how far is home? (i have fed in the car... not fun.)

another thing that getting baby on a schedule is the biggest life and money saver..
kaitlyn 3
Mathiue lil baby!

December 17th, 2009, 11:35 AM
megpie
When I started using formula with my first baby I used this:
Amazon.com: DEX Products Grab N Go Bottle Warmer BWC-01: Baby

I think it was the WORST baby product I've ever used....you had to pre-boil the packs and you could use the just once...then the warmer packs would harden and you couldn't warm a second bottle until the warmer packs were boiled again. Such a major pain!!!!!

When I start bottle feeding w/ formula in the future my lil babe will need to get used to room temp water!! Poor guy! :-)
December 17th, 2009, 11:39 AM
You ladies bring up some good points! See, I figured this might be one of those things that is a waste, but I knew someone would know.

December 17th, 2009, 11:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have one from when Bray was a baby and it was so not worth it. By the time it heats up the bottle he would be starved to death lol

December 17th, 2009, 11:48 AM
mommy2angels's Avatar ~*mommy 2 angels*~
BUT we got 4 at our first DDs baby shower, and makes a GREAT coffee warmer!! hehe..
December 17th, 2009, 01:00 PM
morgankaedenmadisonsmommy's Avatar Beyond Blessed
We bought one when Morgan was a baby and it was such a huge waste of money. It took FOREVER to warm the bottle.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search