Fainting

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 17th, 2009, 02:11 PM
Veteran
I was sitting upright in a recliner just googling something a couple hours ago and started to faint. I managed to get myself actually reclined quickly enough to stop the fainting in progress.
I'm 35 weeks pregnant now. I've been having problems with a high heart rate the past couple weeks and some low blood pressure from time to time.

As soon as I started to recover the baby was extremely active, which made me feel better. I still put a call into the OB because I wanted to know what my level of concern should be. I had an appointment scheduled for Monday for an ultrasound. The nurse called right back and told me to come in first thing in the morning at 9am when they open. And if I have any more fainting spells to go straight to L&D tonight and the OB will meet me there if necessary.

The nurse said it could be my blood pressure dropping or the baby pressing against certain veins and I'm not getting enough blood back to my heart. Either way, it's not good for either of us.

I am scheduled for a c-section January 15th but they are going to do my ultrasound tomorrow and decide the best plan.

I'm just relieved the baby is so active now and I can feel her or I would be at L&D right now.

Anyone have any experiences like this?

December 17th, 2009, 02:52 PM
MIL2lissy8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i have never heard of this. i wish you well. don't hesitate to go tonight ~~ thats what they are there for. best of luck.

~~terre~~
December 17th, 2009, 03:53 PM
C&K'sMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Is your blood pressure high normally?? That happened to me a lot when I got up too fast when I had hypertension with Carrie.

"Disability is not a brave struggle or ‘courage in the face of adversity.’ Disability is an art. It’s an ingenious way to live."
December 17th, 2009, 04:03 PM
andrews_sweetie's Avatar Mom to Aiden
I know last week when I was in church, I was standing up, I got all hot & sweaty & sick to my stomach & I felt like I was going to faint. It also happened to me a couple times in my second trimester. My OB said its normal. Everything that happens to be is normal =( Hope you feel better.
December 17th, 2009, 06:04 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnies_goodgirl View Post
Is your blood pressure high normally?? That happened to me a lot when I got up too fast when I had hypertension with Carrie.
No, it's usually on the low side, which makes me think it might have dropped even lower. I fainted in my second trimester from low blood pressure but the doctor is more concerned with it happening now - later in pregnancy.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search