Dang

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 17th, 2009, 07:18 PM
Mom2M&S's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Not a happy camper tonight. I was going to post asking if I should call my doctor tomorrow but I know if it were one of you posting anything similar, I would say to make the call...so I will.

In 2006 I was in and out of visits w/Rhuematologist and Internal Medicine Doctors for some odd happenings that no one seemed to be able to diagnose or explain. In. Med Dr diagnosed and treated me for Lyme's Disease...which I clearly did not have and the meds he gave me didn't help at all. Rhuem Dr. didn't exactly diagnose, but treated me as if I had Lupus-those meds seemed to work for the most part although all tests showed that I did 'not' have lupus.

Basically I would get a rash in areas such as my arms, hands, feet, hips, etc...rash normally would show up in the evening along w/ fever and be gone or almost gone by morning. Morning would bring the most severe joint pain which would migrate from joint to joint. In the morning my left knee may hurt, in the evening...it'd be my right and to the point that the joint would be grotesquely swollen and I would literally not be able to walk. At one point I had 1 finger on each hand that I ccouldn't bend at all because they were so swollen. I have a fairly high pain tolerance but there were many times that I would just sit there in tears because the pain was so bad.

Fast forward...it all seemed to disappear for the most part but would flare up on occassion. I haven't had the severe joint pain since August 2007 but last Winter whenever I'd get cold, the rash would show up along w/ the fever and general not feeling well.

Soooooo...it's back. I have the rash all over both hips right now and feel like crap on top of my general pregnancy yuckies. Problem being by morning the rash will be gone and I'll feel fine and won't want to call my OB about it but I know I should. I just don't want whatever it is to affect baby Savannah but I've never been diagnosed w/ anything so my OB may think I've lost my mind...symptoms that come and go like turning a switch on and off...yep, I sound crazy.

December 17th, 2009, 07:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to cada
and you are sure it is not PUPPS?
December 17th, 2009, 07:39 PM
First1at37's Avatar Veteran
Can you take some pics of it to show your OB? I once emailed my doc a pic of damage I had done to my lip. While she seemed a little offput, she was able to advise me on my condition. Definitely call, see what they say. I hope you don't get the pains too.
December 17th, 2009, 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cada View Post
and you are sure it is not PUPPS?
The rash looks almost exactly the same but I've had it so many times over the last couple of years that I know its the same thing I've had previously. Always on my hips when it gets cold, shows up makes me feel feverish and icky and then gone by morning.

Also, doesn't spread or itch. Stings a bit when my clothes rub on it but nothing bad...unless it is on my feet. I've had it on my feet a few times over the last few years and that was pure misery. Feels like you are standing in a bed of fire ants and again, gone by morning.

Last edited by Mom2M&S; December 17th, 2009 at 07:51 PM.
December 17th, 2009, 07:50 PM
LadyCoconut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would definitely call your doctor tonight, because you're right... in the morning you probably won't want to and you said this pops up at night. At least you have gone to other doctor's about it and hopefully she can look through those files. I think taking some pictures of what you have going on is a good idea. She will probably want to see it and rule out that its not a pregnancy thing. I wouldn't want to call the doctor either because it feels like such a hopeless thing to call about... they will tell you to come in in the morning when everything is 'better' ... or they won't take it seriously... etc. But you should call. And be sure to take the pictures so if she tells you to just come in in the morning you can show her. KUP!

December 17th, 2009, 08:13 PM
Hmmm....so I was just chatting w/ my friend about this. She's been around to see the worst of my weird issue since it first started. The rash looks pretty much identical to the PUPPS rash but again it's typically only on my hips each time now, doesn't itch and generally could go by unnoticed w/ the exception of making me feel yuck in general...and its gone as quickly as it appears. I've searched the internet high and low over the years to find a rash that looks even remotely similar and have never found anything. According to what I'm reading, the PUPPS rash starts out as spots which seem to form together into larger spots...which is exactly what mine does.
So my friend was thinking that maybe it is something hormonal? Hmm..worth asking my ob about for sure. I am going to call tomorrow morning, have taken photos tonight already.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search