No one cares about a 3rd baby!

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 24th, 2009, 11:40 AM
ScubaMom's Avatar Veteran
After all I went through for delivery - I should be very thankful to have a healthy baby. And I am. But I have one little thing bothering me.

I was in the hospital for 4 nights, after a difficult delivery - and I did not receive a single card, flower, stuffed animal, balloon or gift while I was there. I know there was the big storm, but how hard is it to call the gift shop at the hospital to have something sent up?

When my first baby was born, my room was full of flowers and stuffed animals and baby gifts. With my second, it was a lot less, but still a few congratulatory gifts and wishes.

It seems like a small thing, but I find I am very sad about it. It was hard enough sitting the lobby at discharge waiting for my dh to bring the car around - but then to see the moms going home with their babies and all the other goodies was just too much when I was going home completely empty handed.
December 24th, 2009, 11:49 AM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
Aww, I'm so sorry! Every baby should be celebrated!

December 24th, 2009, 11:53 AM
Ooh_lala's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
ITA, every baby is a blessing...whether it be your first, third, or heck, twentieth..

Piper- 02/12/07
Camden- 02/27/08
Ryker- 01/12/10
Atticus- 05/26/11

FINALLY expecting PINK again! Tatum Carlee EDD 06/08.

You don't have to ask, yes we know what causes it, and since you're asking and dont, google might be a nice place to start.
December 24th, 2009, 12:12 PM
Sally5's Avatar Exhausted Mommy!
Aww. {{HUGS}}} I hate you had to go home empty-handed - hopefully you can at least take your LO home within a week

~~~~~~
December 24th, 2009, 12:17 PM
♥womanintheshoe♥'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Happened to see this post and hope you don't mind my popping in. It hurts a lot when your baby is not celebrated by others. While we can't change how others feel or what they do, tuck this away in your head as a reminder of what to do/how to treat your own dc when they have baby #3, 4...10. I bet your experience w/your baby will make you a great grandmother or friend to someone who needs subsequent babies celebrated.

Also missing 11 precious little ones here with us but for a moment.

VERY cautiously expecting after two losses early 2013. Hoping and praying my Valentine's Day due date baby sticks this time.
December 24th, 2009, 02:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I hear ya! Try having your 5th baby! I had a horrific pregnancy and you would think my friends & family would care a little more, but I only got a couple of gifts and they were from non family members (one was from a friend and the other was from a lady on one of my other boards who wanted to send him a gift). Oh and Dh's work was really sweet and they gave him a balloon and a gift card to Babies R Us which I thought was really awesome.

With my first child I too had a room full of flowers, balloons, etc.
December 24th, 2009, 03:03 PM
Koti's Avatar Nugget's Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Koti Send a message via Yahoo to Koti
I care!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
December 24th, 2009, 03:44 PM
Super Mommy
My baby is a 1st for us, but the 5th one born in our families this year and I feel like he's already old news. Plus, he's not a GIRL so it makes it even less-monumental for our families. In total, he's the 7th boy on my side of the family. 0 girls! Tragic right? I felt like when we found out the sex DH and I were SO excited, and everyone else was like "Oh....another one?" Geez....Sorry to let everyone down! LOL but we were and are still thrilled.

I'm sorry it makes you sad, but really all that matters is you and your significant other making the new baby feel special.
December 24th, 2009, 04:48 PM
Tamaralynnb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Tamaralynnb
awe i'm sorry sweetie, at out hospital they tell you to tell your friends and family to send gifts to your home and not the hospital, it sucks i know it feels good to get something pretty in your hospital room

Thank you bokkechick for my fantastic Siggy

December 24th, 2009, 05:00 PM
inklady9's Avatar Glad to be a Mommy
I just had my 3rd and I feel the same way. No cards, flowers or balloons. People came to visit but it wasn't the same as with the other 2. So sorry for that. I enjoy my baby even without getting any gifts, she is present enough.

December 24th, 2009, 06:35 PM
Kansascity kitty's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
HUGS I just do not think anyone really payed attention could have been wrappedto far with Christmas I am sorry though I would feel like crap to about it I am sensitve like that as well

December 24th, 2009, 08:00 PM
twoboys's Avatar photography co-host!!
Aww, I am sorry, that is a bummmer.. it would make me feel bad too.. (((( hugs ))))
December 25th, 2009, 08:11 AM
Teri's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would feel really bad about that too!! I'm having our 2nd child and have noticed that it's not as big a deal with this one than with my 1st. So, I feel for you...it really is a shame - cuz every baby is special and should be celebrated!!!

December 25th, 2009, 10:25 AM
Niamh ૐ's Avatar Green Mama Goddess
Send a message via AIM to Niamh ૐ Send a message via MSN to Niamh ૐ Send a message via Yahoo to Niamh ૐ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terilynn78 View Post
I would feel really bad about that too!! I'm having our 2nd child and have noticed that it's not as big a deal with this one than with my 1st. So, I feel for you...it really is a shame - cuz every baby is special and should be celebrated!!!
Same here!

April 2nd, 2013, 08:51 AM
megpie
I'm bored....

If you've had #2, #3, #4, etc did you have visitors, gifts etc like with #1????
April 2nd, 2013, 09:44 AM
Heaven's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
wow so many users that replied to this thread aren't even around anymore!

I can't answer the question yet...but will find out!
April 2nd, 2013, 10:19 AM
karenwalter's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No. I hardly got anything for baby #2. It did make me a bit sad because I do feel like he is just as special as Connor. DHs family pretty much didn't even care since he wasn't a girl and they now have 6 grandsons. They didn't even get him a gift.

. Thanks .hOOdihoo.this. for another beautiful siggy!

April 2nd, 2013, 12:32 PM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I can't fully answer yet either. But I didn't get gifts at the hospital last time at all. I got gifts at showers, and in person before/after the birth, though. This time around, no shower, and only maybe two people have given us gifts. Of course, I don't really need anything. And to be honest, I don't really care to have visitors, either. A shower/party of some kind is fun, but when it actually comes to visitors in the hospital, I'd rather just pass.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

April 2nd, 2013, 12:34 PM
doodoosmom's Avatar 4 kids?! Who's counting!
1st & 2nd we had lots of visitors, gifts, etc. With Addison it was drastically different, one gift maybe & only a couple visitors. Even DH couldn't be there much at all because they weren't allowing kids to visit due to the swine flu thing & everyone who would watch the kids was working so he only go to be there for my surgery & most of that day then only at like 8 pm for an hour the other days.

A lot of the people who visited with my first 2 kids have moved, including my mom, my sister, derricks dad, his aunt & his grandma..so the only people here now are friends & my MIL.
April 2nd, 2013, 02:32 PM
waxzon's Avatar Happy Mommy!
Send a message via MSN to waxzon Send a message via Yahoo to waxzon
I can count on 1 hand how many visitors came when Emm was born beside my parents and inlaws, so if its any less for this one I really won't be surprised

9-13-12
Make a pregnancy ticker

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search