Maxi-Cosi Foray car seat and stroller

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 15th, 2010, 02:32 PM
..Penelope..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
After learning the hard way that a convertible infant/toddler car seat would not fit in our vehicle, we started searching for travel systems. However, we haven't been able to find many choices that include side impact testing as a feature in the car seat, which is really important to us.

I found a few seperate peice car seats that feature side impact testing, and they have compatible strollers. One brand that I found stands out in particular. It has good ratings, and it is not as expensive as other options, such as Peg Perego.

Here is the stroller: Toys"R"Us - Maxi-Cosi Foray Stroller - Penguin

And the car seat: Toys"R"Us - Maxi-Cosi Mico Infant Car Seat - Phantom

Do you have this stroller, or know anyone who does? I would appreciate any input that you could offer on it!

Missing our angel baby since Feb 7, 2009

Visit
BeaMade for unique, adorable, high quality handmade crochet hats and booties, velcro free soother clips and soft sole baby boots.
January 15th, 2010, 02:53 PM
Amanda C's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't know about that brand but Combi has a convertible carseat that's supposed to be very safe and the perfect fit for small cars.

Combi : Car Seats : Coccoro

January 15th, 2010, 02:57 PM
Platinum Supermommy
My friend has that system and loves it! I haven't seen it in person though. You might want to post on the Car Seat Safety board here on JM to get their thoughts.

January 15th, 2010, 03:11 PM
Thanks, ladies!

Amanda - I was trying to check on the website if there are retailers for that car seat in Canada, but the link wouldn't work for me. I'll have to try again later.

Shelley - I looked for the Car Seat Safety board, and couldn't find it. Could you post a link, please?

Visit
BeaMade for unique, adorable, high quality handmade crochet hats and booties, velcro free soother clips and soft sole baby boots.
January 15th, 2010, 03:20 PM
CanadianLou's Avatar Laura - mom of 3
I just started doing some research (for in Canada) and everything I could find so far said that the Graco Snugride is up there with Peg Perego for safey. I also know they have the travel system on sale at Babies R US from 429.00 down to 299.00 starting today. I was going to go look at it.

Thank you Meganpixel for the most fantastic siggy!

January 15th, 2010, 03:24 PM
Laura - I know that that one says that it has EPS foam, but it doesn't say that it's side impact tested. Thanks for the suggestion, though!

Visit
January 15th, 2010, 03:24 PM
Amanda C's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Here you go

Car Seat Safety - JustMommies Message Boards

January 15th, 2010, 03:40 PM
Thanks!

Visit
January 15th, 2010, 04:25 PM
I find all this info confusing, between Us and Canada etc, but I saw this written about the Snugride.

The Graco SnugRide 32 Infant Car Seat with Lemongrass pattern has been thoughtfully constructed and rigorously tested for safety, including side-impact testing, to help keep babies weighing up to 32 lbs. and measuring up to 32" tall secure. The LATCH-equipped, stay-in-car base is easy to install and adjust to the proper angle. And the removable infant head support and energy-absorbing foam provide your baby with added comfort and protection. Lemongrass pattern/color scheme.
Helps protect infants from 5-32 lbs. and up to 32"
Rear-facing only
Rigorously tested to meet or exceed US safety standards
Side-impact tested
Energy-absorbing EPS foam for effective impact energy management
Allows both LATCH and seatbelt installation
Compatible with most Graco strollers to create custom-built travel systems
Machine-washable seat cushion
Weighs 9.7 lbs. without the base and 16.7 lbs. with the base. Measures 15.6" high x 18.7" wide x 30.7" deep.

January 16th, 2010, 10:36 PM
Oh...it didn't say that on the website that I found. Where did you get that information?

Visit
January 17th, 2010, 01:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to SailorsWife
I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE that set! I've got the Lily Pink one on my registry haha! It's seriously the most awesome system. I've gone back into the store and played with it more times than I can count to make sure it's the one I really love and every time I play with it, the more I fall in love with it lol.

Forever Missing Our 4 Angel Babies... Forever Missed, Always Loved
January 18th, 2010, 03:06 AM
*Pamela*
Crashing for Nov playroom. Maxi-Cosi is a well respected name over here in the UK. You should be able to contact Maxi Cosi Canada and ask questions.

There will be a safety label on the car seat but not all websites list it. Toys R Us Canada sell it as well as Sears Canada and Junior Baby I believe.

I think the brand is fairly new in North America but are owned by the Dorel company that has been in business for ages. Safety testing and labeling is going to be different for every country. I think the car seat safety forun is mostly American or common car seat brands.

Make sure you buy from Canada as there can be legality issues if you're in an accident in reguards to your insurance.
January 18th, 2010, 08:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ..Penelope.. View Post
Oh...it didn't say that on the website that I found. Where did you get that information?

Sorry, I dont remember now I just wrote in that carseat and went looking at discriptions, and found it pretty easy. Let me see if I can find it again....

Oh here it is on the Babies R Us website ...

Graco SnugRide 32 Infant Car Seat - Lemon Grass - Graco - Babies "R" Us

Hope that helps, I just bought a snugride 32 this week-end

January 18th, 2010, 08:06 AM
Thanks for the input, ladies!

Laura - Thanks for the link! How are you liking the car seat so far?

Visit
January 18th, 2010, 09:38 AM
I like it, I looked and looked and looked...and one of the main things I noticed was that most of the seats only went to 22lbs, and the height limit wasn't as high. One of the reasons I picked this one. Also from reading it had really good saftey ratings at a cheaper price than some of those other ones like Peg Perego etc. One thing I wasn't really expecting was the same stroller and car seat can be more expensive or less expensive depending on the design/color etc.

The one downfall I have heard about this carseat is the weight, I guess it can be a bit heavy. I guess I'll know more how I like it after the baby comes and we're using it. This is the one we got:

Euro Graco® Quattro Tour Travel System - Sears - Sears Canada

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search