Pacifiers

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 15th, 2010, 03:26 PM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Okay, what the deal with pacifiers? There are SO many different kinds! What kind/brand did your babies actually like to use? Are some better than others or does it just depend on the baby?

Thanks for putting up with all my questions

January 15th, 2010, 03:29 PM
CuteName's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I honestly can't remember what kind I used before. This time I registered for the orto ones that have the cap you can put over them and add hot water to sanitize them. I thought that was a neat feature.

I only registered for 4 pacifiers to start out. You never know if your baby will even like them so I'd hate to have a ton and not use them. I figure they're cheap enough that I can always run out and get more.

Baby technology has changed sooo much over the last 8 years. I'd love to hear what others say about this too.
January 15th, 2010, 03:53 PM
ChrissySTL's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I registered for 2 2 packs of the infant soothers I think they are called. The only reason I picked these was because my friend who just hada baby has them and she says her little one loves them and they are the ones the hospital uses and the nurses there recommended. Here they are: The First Years 2-Pack Newborn Soothies without Case - Learning Curve - Babies "R" Us

I also like them because there is no hard plastic and they have the little hole you can put your finger in.

Thank you MeganPixel for surprising me with this super cute siggy-you rock!

January 15th, 2010, 04:41 PM
Racine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
They gave us one of these at the hospital, it's called the gumdrop and Aiden was addicted do it! It was awesome. We tried to switch him to an Avent that I had gotten as a shower gift but he was having none of that.

Those are only for newborns, so when he got older we started using MAM's and he liked those a lot, also.

Thank you, Meganpixel, for my awesome siggy!

January 15th, 2010, 05:00 PM
croutonluver2's Avatar Veteran
I can't remember the exact name, but my daughter only took one kind. It was not the straight clear ones. They were kind of yellowish (the part you suck on and were kind of wide) They were usually green and yellow or pink and yellow or blue/green. Can't remember the name.
January 15th, 2010, 05:01 PM
~Claudia~'s Avatar mommy to Nico & Seba
we tried several brands, this one Amazon.com: Gerber Nuk Newborn Orthodontic Pacifier Latex Size1 - 2 ea-Colors Vary: Baby was the only one that he liked
January 15th, 2010, 05:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My son preferred nuk's too. We tried several different brands.

January 15th, 2010, 06:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racine View Post
They gave us one of these at the hospital, it's called the gumdrop and Aiden was addicted do it! It was awesome. We tried to switch him to an Avent that I had gotten as a shower gift but he was having none of that.

Those are only for newborns, so when he got older we started using MAM's and he liked those a lot, also.

I would say Soothie. But those Gumdrop paci's look awesome...all the same features of the Soothie but they fit the baby better.

[/COLOR]Nathan(6), Reagan(6), Riley(5), Kaycee(3)

Our Blog

January 15th, 2010, 06:09 PM
k8liz311's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We used MAM's. I just got them because I thought they looked cute.. and DS liked them.

January 15th, 2010, 06:47 PM
lilflower
My DD never took a paci. And I tried SO hard!
January 15th, 2010, 07:05 PM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
We don't use paci's because of nursing, but I know a lot of people love the NUKs.
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
January 15th, 2010, 07:14 PM
TeamNick's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Evie never liked pacifiers but she would occasionally take the Nuk. She hated all other kinds.

Mommy to Evie and Isla Marie

January 15th, 2010, 07:18 PM
homeschooling mom of 2
my DD also wouldn't take any, I had a HUGE box of different ones as I tried seriously everything on the market in hopes she would self soothe a bit instead of insisting on being latched on the whole time... the only interest she showed at all was a bit in the soothies and the wubbanubs (she seemed to like holding the little toy and chewing on it more then the actual pacifier though) so since that's also what they use at most hospitals I've bought several for Lily and will get a few wubbanubs too and cross my fingers.
January 15th, 2010, 07:50 PM
becker206's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Soothies were the only kind my daughter would take, she loved them.

January 15th, 2010, 08:00 PM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
Kaija preferred the one from the hospital and also took the Avent pacis. We didn't use them often though.
January 15th, 2010, 08:43 PM
ShellieBenson's Avatar Veteran
I only like MAM...I *hate* Nuk, so I wont even buy them, LOL! ...but its just my personal choice, I just like them best!
DS - Luke
DS Matthew Joshua - born 4-19-2010
8:17am | 8lbs 8.6oz | 20 inches long

Family BLOG! http://jeremiahlukematthew.blogspot.com/
~Shellie Benson Photography~
www.shelliebenson.com
January 15th, 2010, 09:12 PM
DondraB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We were lucky with Kinley....she would take any kind of paci, drank breast milk from a bottle and it never affected her nursing. It got to the point where she was so attached to her pacis that we would buy them from the $ store and she still liked them!

I personally prefer the NUK when they are small because you can buy cute paci clips to hold them ....the MAMs have a funky paci clip....but as for liking certain brands/types...I just buy the cute ones lol

January 16th, 2010, 07:23 AM
Max n Meghan's Mom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The hospital gave him a soothie during his circ. He was never really into them but seemed to like the soothie from time to time. The little holes in the nuk seemed uncomfortable and left little dents in cheeks.

I'll buy a few this time to have, but I'm not going to push it. I don't want my kids to become overly dependent on a pacifier.

Thank you for my beautiful siggy, *Kiliki*!Visit My Blog

January 16th, 2010, 02:17 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Our hospital gave Lily a Nuk without asking me first, but I also gave her several different types. She loved pretty much any paci you'd give her and still does. This time, I'll be specifying that I don't want any paci given because I'm sure it interferred with breastfeeding for Lily. I'd like to get settled into nursing for a few weeks before I offer a paci.
January 16th, 2010, 03:35 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Lily never took a pacifier, but all my friends who gave their kids one liked Nuks and Soothies

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search