Please recommend a baby bathtub!

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 15th, 2010, 08:55 PM
ChrissySTL's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
After reading the last post about the registry questions I am looking for some advice on what kind of tub to get. I know some of you said you didn't use one, and I am not 100% sure I am going to register for one but if I do I would really like to get one that I know other moms have used and liked. Please recommend the one you have/had and loved. Thanks in advance!

Thank you MeganPixel for surprising me with this super cute siggy-you rock!

January 15th, 2010, 09:07 PM
DondraB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We got one from Wal Mart...it has a little froggy that holds baby while they are tiny....we loved it! There's no way I would want to bathe baby without the bathtub! For the first week/2 we just layed her on a towel on the counter and sponge-bathed her, but once she got a little bigger we would use the tub! Then the froggy sling comes out where baby can actually sit in the water

January 16th, 2010, 04:38 AM
homeschooling mom of 2
Amazon.com: PRIMO EuroBath Pearl White: Baby I really recommend that one (as do over 700 people on amazon LOL) its really big but great for newborns and older babies. Once she could sit up I got her one of the inexpensive blowup duck ones from Walmart or Target and loved that too.
January 16th, 2010, 06:12 AM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
This is basically the one we have, this one is just newer Amazon.com: Fisher-Price Bath Center - Rainforest: Baby. It was nice before DD could sit up because it has the mesh sling. Then once she was bigger it has a nice seat. It seemed to be the perfect size too. Once she could sit up we just moved her to the regular tub.
January 16th, 2010, 07:32 AM
renee4152's Avatar Proud Mommy of 2!
my mom bought me this tub. i had put it on my registry b/c is was cheap, and i had read nothing but great reviews on babies r us. i can't find it on bru.com anymore so i sent you the link to amazon. still great reviews:

Amazon.com: Fisher-Price Precious Planet Whale of a Tub: Baby
January 16th, 2010, 08:15 AM
ChrissySTL's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for the info....I have a HARD time making decisions Where did most of you bathe your LO's? Did you put the baby tub inside the regular tub and do it there, or do it by the sink?

Someone else mentioned that eurotub to me and I think it is the one I originally put on my registry, but my only concern is how huge it is. I saw it at BRU last time we were there. I think if I get that one our only option will be to bathe him in his bathroom upstairs and won't be able to do it downstairs in the kitchen. I'm not sure if this matters, but it was just something I thought about.

Thank you MeganPixel for surprising me with this super cute siggy-you rock!

January 16th, 2010, 09:47 AM
palmetto_moon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Honestly, for me, I just found the basic $10-15 ones to be the simplest and least problematic to use. I have heard from several friends that several models that offer the really cool features, such as the summer infant shower one, often malfunction and don't work as they should. Which would be a bummer for the $$$.
The basic, plain ones do the job for me, espicially as baby can sit in the tub on their own in just a few months (usually between 6-8).

Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!

visit our family blog at www.stalkedbythestork.com
January 16th, 2010, 10:07 AM
DondraB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
This is the one we had: (except ours was white)

Walmart.com: Safety 1st Deluxe Funtime Froggy Baby Bath Tub Center: Health & Safety
I totally forgot about the blow up ducky tub!
Walmart.com: Munchkin White Hot Safety Duck Tub: Health & Safety

We had one too when Kinley could sit up-she LOVED taking baths in it!!!! Oh and with the newborn tub, we just put it in the sink...easier than leaning over-you can reach them easily in the sink, and if you have a sprayer on your sink it works great!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search