I'm back from L&D

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 15th, 2010, 09:37 PM
Amanda C's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My short update is I have a kidney stone I have a large amount of visible blood in my urine but absolutely no bacteria at all.

Since I'm not in severe pain my OB let me go home but I have to go back to the hospital on Monday for a Renal U/S. I'm having contractions but he said he wasn't too concerned about them b/c they are coming from the kidney pain.

I'll give a longer version later but now he says I just wait to see if it passes. He mentioned a urologist and a stent if it's too large but he's hoping the U/S will tell him more. I have to go back to the hospital immediately if the pain or contractions get severe.

January 15th, 2010, 10:21 PM
lilflower
Yuck. I have had 3 separate kidney stones in this pregnancy so far. They suck. And hurt. If the pain gets worse try a heating pad for about 15 minutes on your lower back, it helps me a bit. ((hugs)) I hope you pass it easily. Mine were huge
January 15th, 2010, 10:32 PM
ChrissySTL's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am glad your doc. isn't too worried and that your little one is not at harm. As for the kidney stones, I have never had one so I am not much help. I hope you are able to pass it without too much pain. I hope you are able to get some sleep tonight.

Thank you MeganPixel for surprising me with this super cute siggy-you rock!

January 15th, 2010, 10:35 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Boo on the kidney stone! I've never had one but I've heard they can be super painful!

January 16th, 2010, 02:45 AM
krissy1989's Avatar is loving her two boys!
Oh, I replied in the other thread before seeing this one. lol

I'm glad that they discovered what was causing your pain/contractions and that it's treatable. Let us know how things progress. ((hugs))

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!
January 16th, 2010, 04:34 AM
homeschooling mom of 2
Also sorry for your stone/pain but glad to know your baby is ok! Hang in there and keep us updated!
January 16th, 2010, 04:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I hope you feel better soon!

Thank you MeganPixel for this Awesome Siggie!
Serenity Cadence: 3/28/06
Scarlett Leighton: 4/7/10
Lap Band Surgery 11/16/10
January 16th, 2010, 06:08 AM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
I'm glad that baby is okay! Hopefully you'll be able to pass the stone without too much trouble.
January 16th, 2010, 06:12 AM
Love_the_Shoes's Avatar Love my girls!!
I'm glad everything's okay hun...I"ve never had a kidney stone either, but I know they are painful. Try and rest this weekend if possible. ((hugs))

January 16th, 2010, 06:26 AM
Loving My Piglets
Ouch!! hope you pass it without too much pain

R (10) 24.04.06 - our little angel
R (9) 07.06.07
L (8) 05.06.08
L (6) 26.04.10
C (3) 15.02.13

January 16th, 2010, 07:33 AM
dbarney's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry about the kidney stone. I really hope you feel better soon

January 16th, 2010, 07:42 AM
Thanks ladies! The darn nurses kept asking me how do you know you have blood in your urine? Uh b/c I can see it. What do you mean you can see it? How do you know you're just not drinking enough fluids?

Anyway after all the stupid questions I was kind of glad that my urine did test positive for a large amount of blood b/c I could tell the nurses really didn't believe me. I'm not a complete moron though you know?

Oh and then b/c I had a low grade fever they wanted to know well are you sure you didn't catch your son's H1N1? Uh yeah b/c I'm on Tamiflu and besides what would that have to do with urinary problems?

January 16th, 2010, 07:46 AM
becker206's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope you pass it quickly with little trouble!

January 16th, 2010, 08:33 AM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
My friend gets really bad kidney stones during pregnancy. She did have surgery with her son to have a shunt put in. Hopefully you won't need that.
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
January 16th, 2010, 08:41 AM
Max n Meghan's Mom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh you poor thing! I hope you don't need the shunt. I'm sorry the nurses gave you such a hard time, like you don't know what you're feeling! Sheesh. I hope it clears quickly. Now DH should have no excuse but to let you relax a little. KUP.

Thank you for my beautiful siggy, *Kiliki*!Visit My Blog

January 16th, 2010, 08:44 AM
CuteName's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
For the life of me I still can't understand why a nurse would be mean. I've had mean nurses too. What is wrong with these people? They're supposed to be kind to people in pain!

I hope you feel better soon...that just sounds so very un-fun to deal with.
January 16th, 2010, 09:17 AM
fibigrey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to fibigrey
I'm right there with you!! I probably have a kidney stone as well, for most of this pregnancy i've been in pain because of it.. They couldn't actually find the stone on US (dont be suprised if they don't b/c CT scans are what u really need) but I even saw the urologist (on my own because my OB wouldn't discuss it with me) and the urologist said they COULD do a stent, but because pregnancy collects so much calcium in the urine crystals grow on the stents and need to be changed often.. He said the best thing for me to do is wait it out and hopefully after the birth they can find it and do something about it..

For your sake I hope you pass it!! Remember to drink AS MUCH as possible to make your stream stronger and fuller so it isn't as painful! Good luck, and KUP I'm kindof intrigued as to what your urologist tells you lol..It really does stink though

Edit- omg I just read your last post about the nurses, they did that to me too!! I had VISIBLE blood and severe back/abdominal pain..the nurses are like "its probably ligament pain...you COULD be dehydrated" Omg I was so frustrated!! I mean, I'd wipe myself and the darn tissue would be red!! helllooo we're not stupid LOL

Last edited by fibigrey; January 16th, 2010 at 09:20 AM.
January 16th, 2010, 09:42 AM
niema's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to niema
Sorry you had to deal with those irritating nurses. I swear, where do they get some of these nurses from? I have had my share of outright rude nurses.
On another note, ick about the kidney stone. I've never had one but it sounds rough.
January 16th, 2010, 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fibigrey View Post
I'm right there with you!! I probably have a kidney stone as well, for most of this pregnancy i've been in pain because of it.. They couldn't actually find the stone on US (dont be suprised if they don't b/c CT scans are what u really need) but I even saw the urologist (on my own because my OB wouldn't discuss it with me) and the urologist said they COULD do a stent, but because pregnancy collects so much calcium in the urine crystals grow on the stents and need to be changed often.. He said the best thing for me to do is wait it out and hopefully after the birth they can find it and do something about it..

For your sake I hope you pass it!! Remember to drink AS MUCH as possible to make your stream stronger and fuller so it isn't as painful! Good luck, and KUP I'm kindof intrigued as to what your urologist tells you lol..It really does stink though

Edit- omg I just read your last post about the nurses, they did that to me too!! I had VISIBLE blood and severe back/abdominal pain..the nurses are like "its probably ligament pain...you COULD be dehydrated" Omg I was so frustrated!! I mean, I'd wipe myself and the darn tissue would be red!! helllooo we're not stupid LOL
I know right? When she came back in with my discharge papers she said well let me just tell you woman to woman this is your third pregnancy so most likely that pain you have is ligament pain from your ligaments being over stretched. I didn't say a word and then she said Well but I guess that wouldn't explain the BLOOD we found in your urine would it? I mean HELLO! Ack. I was super annoyed by the time I left there.

January 16th, 2010, 07:03 PM
shanna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry you have a kidney stone, that sucks. A friend of mine had one with her last pregnancy a few months ago and was in awful pain. She finally had to have surgery after the baby was born to get it. Hope it'll pass and you won't have to go through that.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search