Why does everyone keep saying how SMALL I am?!?!

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 17th, 2010, 01:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
If it's any consolation, I think you're bigger than me and I'm nearly 27 weeks . My ob said this was a 'good size baby' though so it doesn't worry me. But first time round people would hardly notice I was pregnant when I was 7 months along!!! I also wasn't big the 2nd time. My sons were 7lbs 2oz and 6lbs 15oz so they were just average but hey, nothing wrong with that right?!

I know it must be frustrating, but at the end when I thought I was uncomfortable, I used to feel sorry for my friends who were way way bigger than me at 40 weeks, so as long as baby is fine, it does have it's benefits too .

ETA: I also just wanted to say, people just like to comment on a pregnant woman and it's always a comment on the belly...never just right, always 'huge' or 'so small'. So while you're getting the gee aren't you small comments, just as many women will be getting the 'wow you're huge' and feeling just as upset as you feel!

Thanks to Meganpixel for my beautiful siggie!

Last edited by mum74; January 17th, 2010 at 01:49 AM.
January 17th, 2010, 02:18 AM
krissy1989's Avatar is loving her two boys!
I just want to say that everyone here is awesome! I know that Caleb is healthy, and I know that I'm an okay size. I guess I just can't listen to what people say about it, 'cause you gals are right: what do they know, anyway?? My older sister thinks I'm big because she carried so small, and my mom thinks I'm normal (or maybe a tad smaller than normal) just because she carried so huge. So, it really is just about people's perceptions.

And I wonder how I'll be feeling in another two months when people are telling me how huge I am! Maybe I'll miss these days!

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!
January 17th, 2010, 06:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I love hearing that I look small. The big belly is my least favorite part of pregnancy. There are enough people like me that a lot of commenters probably don't realize it bothers you.

January 17th, 2010, 06:38 AM
fibigrey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to fibigrey
you definitly do look pregnant! personally, I would think you are small for 6 months, BUT if I knew how you looked pre-pregnancy, and knowing that you were really slim to begin with, would probably notice a drastic difference..

Everyone carries differently! But you are definitly very cute and you definitly do look pregnant, don't worry!
January 17th, 2010, 04:44 PM
Platinum Supermommy
you look like how I look. My belly sticks out a teenie bit past my D (used to be C) cups!

I act like I'm pregnant though so that might have something to do with it. I not that big . I wear maternity clothes (Medium) but mainly b/c I work in a business casual environment and I dont want to be in a meeting with a fitted shirt on.
January 17th, 2010, 04:53 PM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I understand the "small" comments. I get a lot of them although usually i've been getting the "oh you do have a little bump there" Um, yea i have a bump! I am 6 months pregnant after all!! Ugh i don't know why this get to me so much. Honestly at this point pretty much any comment about my belly irritates me! I am just so sick of people constantly analyzing my body! Every time i see family, friends, etc. i get someone comment about it and how it's grown or whatever. Today at church a lady came up to me and said "You're finally getting a belly" as she patted my stomach. It really irritated me (mostly the whole touching thing).

January 17th, 2010, 06:02 PM
jen*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Claudia~ View Post
You DO look pregnant!

People perception is usually way off (both ways, lol, either you are too big or too small )
agreed -- people are stupid and annoying in that they feel they have some right to comment on a pregnant woman's size. There needs to be a public service announcement "What to say to a Pregnant Woman" -- "You look fantastic!" -- "You are glowing!" -- "Wow, you are one hot MILF!" ha ha, just kidding about the last one, but seriously... don't people realize, either say, "Wow, looking great" or shut your trap!
January 17th, 2010, 06:35 PM
krissy1989's Avatar is loving her two boys!
Haha! That's funny, Jen, but so true! That really is the only appropriate comment, it seems.

And Krista, I haven't been belly-rubbed by any strangers yet, but I can imagine how having my belly rubbed by anyone who's not close family would be really irritating! I love when my belly gets attention (the good, fun attention that doesn't remark on size, lol), but not having it touched. I just like people to notice it.

On the plus side of things, my little sister just gave me some really great shirts that work perfectly for maternity!! Here's one shirt-dress which I will wear with black tights:

I think that long, solid-colored shirt-dresses help accent my pregnant profile, so I'm so excited! She gave me four shirt-dresses total!! Please excuse my tired expression and lack of make-up. But I had to have DH take a picture of at least one of my new shirts while it was on. Hopefully these will help people see my belly more! (Plus I get to be stylish!)

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!
January 17th, 2010, 08:24 PM
Shelli1981's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Shelli1981
Cute

January 18th, 2010, 06:58 AM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That is super cute and you definitely look pregnant in it

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic: