Feel awful

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 16th, 2010, 06:54 PM
shanna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had a sinus infection last week and was on antibotics for it and felt better Monday and part of Tuesday this week. I've progressively felt worse this week so I called my OB again and they called in another Zpack for me which I got yesterday. I didn't sleep any Thursday night because my daughter was up throwing up, but she bounced back yesterday and went to stay at my mom's last night and is still there. I slept alot last night and this morning but am feeling alot worse tonight. I can't breathe out of my nose well and so I'm breathing really hard it seems. Baby is moving around fine so at least I'm not worried about her. I'm just hoping this crap goes away soon. My husband has been sick too with a sinus infection and bronchitis, but he seems to feel better today.
January 16th, 2010, 06:59 PM
Max n Meghan's Mom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh you poor thing! I hope the zpack does it finally. I know whenever I needed it the first couple days were still rough but that's the only medication that really knocked it out.

I hope you feel better! And at least your daughter is with someone so you can get the rest you need.

Thank you for my beautiful siggy, *Kiliki*!Visit My Blog

January 16th, 2010, 06:59 PM
Love_the_Shoes's Avatar Love my girls!!
((hugs))---you always feel worse at night..when you need the most sleep..it's one of natures cruel jokes. Keep drinking water to thin out your mucus and steam out your bathroom and sit there w/a towel over your head to really let the steam go into you. Also try and massage your sinuses...circular motions along your cheekbones (you might notice if you massage this area you will begin to have drainage and feel like you need to swallow a lot). Lastly, look into buying a netipot to use...I love this so much..it feels really good and gets all that gunk out of your sinuses that just sits there.

January 16th, 2010, 07:07 PM
shanna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks girls. We've been battling these sinus infections all winter. My doctor's nurse was like maybe it's just a virus since you were on the antibotics last week and didn't get over it. I was like "um sure I've had these things enough times to know it's an infection!" This is my 4th one since being pregnant and my daughter has had 4 sinus infections too this winter. I swear we're so prone to them it's crazy.
January 16th, 2010, 07:13 PM
ChrissySTL's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I used to get sinus infections all the time! They were terrible and would last forever but my doctor recommended the neil meid sinus rinse. It is like a neti pot but comes in more of a bottle and you are able eto apply a little more pressure to get the gunk out. I use those anytime I feel the slightest twinge of a stuffy nose and I have not had a sinus infection since! Mine would be so bad at night I wouldn't be able to breathe out of my nose at all and I could not sleep because of it. I hope you feel better soon and your z pack works!

Thank you MeganPixel for surprising me with this super cute siggy-you rock!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search