My feet have grown - Vent

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 17th, 2010, 09:54 AM
CuteName's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This happens to me every time I've been pregnant. I already have big feet, size 9 1/2 and in the last couple months my shoes get tight from swelling and I guess they say your feet flatten out a bit from the added weight. I went to put my sneakers on yesterday and my toes were right at the top of my shoes.

Usually since I live in Florida and have been preggo in the warmer months I just wear flip flops. But it's COLD here now so I can't do that. I went shoe hunting yesterday and I hate shoes, I always have, I am not a typical female in that aspect. I really need something I can slip on, because it's getting uncomfy to tie my shoes. But I HATE the little ballet looking tiny slip on shoes they have out right now. I think when you're bigger on top (boobs, baby belly,etc) putting something TINY on our feet looks ridiculous. Plus they have like ZERO cushioning in them so I'd have to buy inserts. And those slip on sneaker shoes they have are seriously ugly! I can't do Crocs because I think they are ridiculous looking. The comfiest thing I found was a pair of slippers...lol...but I can't wear those to school/out in public

So my daughter and I searched for hours yesterday and I came home with some awesome clearance maternity clothes and clothes for her from Old Navy (extra 50% off clearance!), a new comforter for her bed for only $8, a kitchen rug, some books, a new ipod case and no shoes.

Hubbie says I can just wear his. THAT will be attractive I'm sure.

Anyone else getting bigger feet yet? Have you found any good solutions?
January 17th, 2010, 10:01 AM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
My feet haven't grown, but I feel your pain! I've been in a size 10 since I was 9! Yes, 9... I wore men's shoes for years before the shoe industry figured out that girls with big feet would like attractive shoes too. I needed new shoes at some point in the past few months too and went to Famous Footwear and got a pair of slightly athletic shoes with the bungee cord type laces so I don't have to tie or untie them. I still have to figure out how to get them on without bending over, but at least I don't have to tie them!
January 17th, 2010, 10:29 AM
My feet have been huge since about middle school. I'll have to look into the bungee cord ones, that doesn't sound too bad. Although my daughter did offer to tie my shoes for me...lol
January 17th, 2010, 10:34 AM
homeschooling mom of 2
I'm sorry! I'm also a size 10 and I remember at the end of my last pregnancy NONE of my shoes fit at all, my feet were soo swollen I did wear DH's slippers to my OB appointments and to the hospital and they were tight LOL I so didn't give a **** at that point though. So far I'm ok this time but I hear you on getting the shoes on, I know its a matter of time and I'm going to have serious trouble.. plus DD still needs me to get hers on for her and that's about impossible already.
January 17th, 2010, 10:37 AM
Oh I can help you with the kid shoes problem. VELCRO! I love velcro shoes for kids!
January 17th, 2010, 10:49 AM
The battle to put my 2-year-old's shoes on is ridiculous! Luckily she adores wearing her boots and can put them on herself I finally started putting her up on one of our counter height kitchen chairs to put her socks and shoes on this week. I had been sitting on the floor with her, but then I can't get up!
January 17th, 2010, 11:37 AM
~Claudia~'s Avatar mommy to Nico & Seba
Have you thought about buying the shoes at endless? They offer a lot more variety that brick and mortar stores and you don't have to go up on the size as they also offer different widths. They also have free overnight shipping and free return of the shoes that you don't want. I usually order a bunch and just return what I dont like/want

Rockport Women's Darcy Sport Slip On - Free Overnight Shipping & Return Shipping: Endless.com
January 17th, 2010, 12:32 PM
Free shipping AND clearance stuff...nice! That's what I'm talking about!

I totally hopped online and just bought that exact shoe...lol. It was the best looking pair for the price. I hope it works!

Last edited by CuteName; January 17th, 2010 at 12:54 PM.
January 17th, 2010, 03:15 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Quote:
Originally Posted by mylene169 View Post
My feet haven't grown, but I feel your pain! I've been in a size 10 since I was 9! Yes, 9... I wore men's shoes for years before the shoe industry figured out that girls with big feet would like attractive shoes too. I needed new shoes at some point in the past few months too and went to Famous Footwear and got a pair of slightly athletic shoes with the bungee cord type laces so I don't have to tie or untie them. I still have to figure out how to get them on without bending over, but at least I don't have to tie them!
Mylene- you and I are totally the same person!! I've been a size 10 since I was 11 or 12 and always used to buy men's running shoes in middle school because they only made ugly shoes in those giant women's sizes. I also happened to snag a pair of "athletic" style shoes with the bungee type laces when I was pregnant with Lily, and they are very comfortable for regular daily wear. My feet got so swollen that I couldn't wear any other shoe. Looked lovely with my work attire. Being at home now, it doesn't really matter what my shoes look like, but I'm still hoping my feet won't get that huge this time.
January 17th, 2010, 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corny7474 View Post
Mylene- you and I are totally the same person!! I've been a size 10 since I was 11 or 12 and always used to buy men's running shoes in middle school because they only made ugly shoes in those giant women's sizes. I also happened to snag a pair of "athletic" style shoes with the bungee type laces when I was pregnant with Lily, and they are very comfortable for regular daily wear. My feet got so swollen that I couldn't wear any other shoe. Looked lovely with my work attire. Being at home now, it doesn't really matter what my shoes look like, but I'm still hoping my feet won't get that huge this time.
I just need to be 6 inches taller and we'd be twins!
January 17th, 2010, 04:09 PM
lilflower
So I'm posting to feel totally out of place! lol. I wear a size 5K (kids), maybe a 6 1/2 in dress shoes. Lol. And guess what? I totally have velcro shoes! lol
January 17th, 2010, 05:27 PM
pinkprincess10's Avatar Veteran
I wear 4.5 shoes and 3 dress shoes..........lord, Im 20 and I have to go to the kids section in EVERY shoe store. That's probably why I HATE shoes!! Velcro, Dora the Explorer, whoever else..........
January 17th, 2010, 06:13 PM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I wear a size 9 and am really hoping i'm not one whose feet grow during pregnancy! I've heard of it from several people so i know it's fairly common.

January 19th, 2010, 04:14 PM
Jannell's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You know what is weird? My feet have seemed to get a little smaller. I really hope my feet don't get a lot bigger because my shoes are probably the most expensive thing I wear! lol. I won't lie. I love my Shoes!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search