Looking at pics from last summer...

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 17th, 2010, 09:26 PM
onelove1109's Avatar Super Mommy
Was such a bad idea. Im starting to miss my body already...is that bad? I don't think Im gonna be one of the lucky ones that bounces back to pre prego body instantly. Blahh..no bikini this year. Totally worth it though.

Thanks so much Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy!

January 17th, 2010, 09:40 PM
krissy1989's Avatar is loving her two boys!
Aww! You shouldn't have done that! And besides, with enough determination and hard work, you could definitely have a bikini body again after the baby is born. I haven't had a bikini body since I was 7, so I don't know what that's like!

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!
January 17th, 2010, 10:20 PM
ChrissySTL's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hear ya...I struggle with this too! I have always been in shape and just pray I can wear a bikini again! I just worry about being covered in stretch marks I hope not! But you are right, our LO's will make everything worth it!

Thank you MeganPixel for surprising me with this super cute siggy-you rock!

January 18th, 2010, 07:07 AM
jen*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
you will be fine... try not to worry (although I totally admit to being worried this time, I keep thinking, I did it the first time, but when will I have time with 2 kids to work out?!?!?). I lost the 40 lbs I gained with my 1st pregnancy by the time my son was 4 mos old. While I wasn't totally comfortable wearing a bikini that summer (still felt like my skin hadn't tightened up) by last summer (when Jack was about 15 months old) I was back into a bikini for our trip to Florida. A month later I was pregnant again, and g'bye bikini body, but I had it for a while there and I will definitely be trying to get it back. Not that anything ever is quite "normal" but things will be ok.

I'm no model, so here are just a couple of casual pictures... it's been good for me to look at these because I feel like there is hope when I currently look at myself and think that I am a big fat cow! So, thanks!

Here I am in Florida a year BEFORE having my son:

And this one is from last June:
January 18th, 2010, 07:35 AM
lauriebeth's Avatar mommy to Riley Grace
I'm glad I'm not the only one! I'm so afraid the flat, toned tummy is gone, never to return again! Like you said, it's definitely worth it, but if it doesn't return, it's something I'm really going to miss (DH probably will, too...).

Thank you Meganpixel for my adorable siggy!

For crocheted hats and hair accessories visit *Daisy Cottage Designs* on Etsy!
January 18th, 2010, 07:45 AM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree it's more than worth it but there are definitely days when i miss my old tummy!

January 18th, 2010, 08:21 AM
onelove1109's Avatar Super Mommy
Yeah the stretch mark thing is actually one of my biggest worries. I already have little ones starting to show up on my belly

Thanks so much Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy!

January 18th, 2010, 08:35 AM
Kodithegirl's Avatar Super Mommy
ha...before my son was born, I wore extra small stuff, and my pants were either a 0 or I had to buy little girls' stuff. after he was born, even when tummy got flat, my hips had widened to the point that I now wear a size 6 or 8 in jeans. Talk about depression...no matter how much I exercised, I now had a "woman's body" and there was nothing I could ever do about it. This time, I will focus on making sure I stay healthy. Of course I want to get back in total shape, but I know I'll never be tiny again.

We just re-worked everything! Completely new fabric options, Slings, 6 new bedding options, Custom vinyl wall decals, and much much more!! $5 off for any justmommies.com forum members!!

January 18th, 2010, 09:02 AM
dbarney's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I worked out last summer and ran my first 10K. I was so excited on how great I looked. When I ran it I was 7 weeks pregnant and knew that all of it was going away. This year I'm doing it again and will have to work hard again. I just hope it's as easy as it was last time.

January 18th, 2010, 09:10 AM
fibigrey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to fibigrey
i havnt worn a bikini in over 6 years because of my stretchmarks.. but thats okay, I don't mind tankinis..

I definitly won't bounce back really quickly, I don't think..with DS it took over a year and a really bad breakup to get down to pre-preggo weight..
January 18th, 2010, 09:48 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I'm not really worried about having a bikini body. My parents live down the street and have a pool, so I know I'll be over tons during the summer. One pieces won't work for me because I have a ridiculously long torso so I'll just buy a bigger bikini to fit my butt. I remember being really upset 3 months after having Lily when we went to Florida for my friend's wedding. I didn't have time to pick up a new swimsuit before leaving so I wore one of my pre-baby bikinis. I was so nervous about going out with all of my college friends who remembered me when I was about 30 pounds lighter. After seeing all the random women around the pool that were at least 50 pounds heavier than me wearing itty bitty bikinis and being comfortable, I decided that I just needed to get over myself. My friends were amazed that I looked as good as I did after just having a baby. So even though you think you look awful, everyone else will think you look great! Just try not to be your biggest critic.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search