BP issues over the weekend- updated-

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 18th, 2010, 04:41 PM
peaches84's Avatar Super Mommy
at my last appt my blood pressure was up, so my doc did some labs and it had come down before I left and so he wanted to see me in 2 weeks,labs were fine as far as I know. I have an appt tomorrow. I have always had higher BP but of course now it is more of a concern. it hasn't increased too much as far as the last appt was concerned. well this last weekend I worked nights, I have been noticing my hands have felt a little tight so on saturday evening through sunday morning I decided to take my blood pressure before I went to work it was 155/85 this is the highest it has been (normally 140/80) so I went to work all concerned. around midnight I decided to take it again and it was still around mid 145/85 but my heart felt like it was absolutely pounding in my chest like I was having a panic attack. my heart rate was in the 120's (normally 80-90's) I just figured it was due to the activity at work.

the last bp reading before I left was 140/90 and my heart rate was 135 and I felt like crap. I took some tylenol because I had a small headache and it totally calmed me down and my heart rate went down to 100. I wasn't feeling fetal movements as much as normal but don't pay attention as much when i'm at work.

when I got home and sat for awhile my HR was back to the 80's and BP was 133/80 yay but that night before I left for work it was in the 140's again. I felt fine at work that night heart rate was fine just never checked my blood pressure.

anyway I am feeling her move just fine now, still have tight feeling in hands but have an appointment tomorrow and can't ignore this info I have to tell him. the girls at work wanted me to call or go in but I knew if I called, the on call doc would make me go in and then they would have to find someone to take my patients.
anyway please send me non bedrest vibes

updated: my appointment went very well I was 133/88 and after resting I was 110/80 the NP told me to take it easy at work (yeah right) and take frequent breaks but as long as my body could regulate my bp with rest we would just keep monitoring. and I did have some more protein in my urine than normal but my labs from last visit were good so it's just a recheck in 2 weeks

6/15/13

Last edited by peaches84; January 19th, 2010 at 10:51 AM.
January 18th, 2010, 04:57 PM
ChrissySTL's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh No! I am hoping and praying all goes well tomorrow and you are not put on bed rest!!!

Thank you MeganPixel for surprising me with this super cute siggy-you rock!

January 18th, 2010, 08:46 PM
shanna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hugs! I had high bp with my past pregnancy with DD. I was put on bed rest around 33 weeks. I would say your bp is a concern because that is about where mine was when my doctor put me on bed rest. As for your heart rate it's normal to have a higher heart rate while being pregnant. Mine would run in the 120's all the time when I was pregnant with DD, however I've still had issues with mine and was diagnosed with a sinus tachycardia. Just keep your doctor informed and try and take it easy. I'm sure they'll check your protein levels in your urine so don't be alarmed if you get to take home a 24 hour urine collection jug. I hope you don't get bed rest because I know how not fun it is. I'm praying I can stay off bed rest this pregnancy as well.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search