Breastfeeding/pumping mommies, I have a ?

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 19th, 2010, 01:36 AM
niema's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to niema
What kind of bottles are you planning on using?
So Im looking at all of these diffrent bottles and I think I've come to a decision. I breastfed my son for the first 4 months and ran into a few problems along the way. I wanna try my hardest this time to BF for the first yr even if Im pumping. I used a nipple shield since day one with my son and it was so hard to get him to latch on without it after that. I liked the nipple shield but it was a big hassle. So Im gonna try to go without one this time and do it right from the get go.

These are the bottles Im trying out...

Breastflow
Learning Curve: Mom's trusted source for care and play products that help families grow

Tommee Tippee
Tommee Tippee > closer to nature® Brand

and Adiri (very interesting) I had to try these out this time, so I ordered some.
January 19th, 2010, 06:53 AM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
We aren't using any bottles, but if we had to I've heard good things about the Adiri.
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
January 19th, 2010, 07:17 AM
JaxonsMom2010's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I use the good ole Playtex dropins. I have used them with all of my kids. I can pump directly into the liners, freeze or refrigerate, defrost, and feed - all with using the same liner (no loss of precious milk).

Last edited by JaxonsMom2010; January 19th, 2010 at 07:19 AM.
January 19th, 2010, 07:18 AM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
We use the drop-ins too, although I never had success with pumping so she got formula out of them.
January 19th, 2010, 08:47 AM
TeamNick's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We use the small evenflo bottles. They are the same size as the ones that attach to my pump. I think they hold around 4 oz. I just pump right into the bottle and put the cap on. I then transport the bottles to daycare and all she has to do is screw on the nipple.

Mommy to Evie and Isla Marie

January 19th, 2010, 09:03 AM
becker206's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I try not to use bottles while I am breastfeeding. But with Lydia if I had to be somewhere and she had to have a bottle I just used the medela bottles.

January 19th, 2010, 09:25 AM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've heard great things about the breastflow and Playtex drop ins. I'm still not sure which ones i'll get..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyfromTexas View Post
I use the good ole Playtex dropins. I have used them with all of my kids. I can pump directly into the liners, freeze or refrigerate, defrost, and feed - all with using the same liner (no loss of precious milk).
I didn't know the liners were good for freezing and refrigerating. So is there a seal on the top for storing?

January 19th, 2010, 09:50 AM
esli232's Avatar Veteran
I used Breastflow and LOVED them. My son nursed until 8 months and he had no trouble switching back and forth from those nipples to the breast. I was pretty careful at first and did not offer a bottle until he was 6 weeks old and we had a good nursing pattern established.

I have heard complaints because there are so many pieces to this bottle and some people said they leaked, but I will use them again since I had such a good experience with them last time and hopefully it'll be the same again.

Another good tip is to remember if you are nursing and they are feeding from a bottle also to NOT use anything except stage 1 nipples no matter how old the baby is. Of course, this would not apply if you are soley pumping and they drink from a bottle exclusively.

January 19th, 2010, 09:58 AM
DondraB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I just used whatever bottles I was given at my shower....can't even remember which ones they are. They kinda slant down a little bit....she only used them a couple of times when I would pump, but for the most part I just nursed.

January 19th, 2010, 10:22 AM
JaxonsMom2010's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by longing4baby View Post
I've heard great things about the breastflow and Playtex drop ins. I'm still not sure which ones i'll get..

I didn't know the liners were good for freezing and refrigerating. So is there a seal on the top for storing?
I just used a rubber band. You can also buy clips for the bags. The Medela storage bags will work too.

January 19th, 2010, 11:48 AM
lilflower
I have 2 adiri's at my dad's house, but I won't be using them unless absolutely necessary.
January 19th, 2010, 01:58 PM
niema's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to niema
Im really excited about the Adiri bottles and cant wait to get em so I can see if they are as weird as they look online.
I know that I am gonna go back to work a few months after baby is born so Im looking into bottles ahead of time.

Thanks for all of the replies ladies.
January 19th, 2010, 03:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
The playtex nursers have their own breast milk storage system now. Here is the link:
Walmart.com: Playtex - Breast Milk Storage Kit, BPA Free: Feeding
I have about 4 of these systems to use! Super easy!

Thank you MeganPixel for this Awesome Siggie!
Serenity Cadence: 3/28/06
Scarlett Leighton: 4/7/10
Lap Band Surgery 11/16/10
January 19th, 2010, 06:25 PM
sweatshirtgirl's Avatar Super Mommy
Has anyone heard anything about the Avent ones? I remember 7 years ago (lol!) when I had my first, they were supposed to be good for use with BF. But it's been a while. I did buy some a few weeks ago, but could always return them.

My baby will only use bottles if we have somewhere to be where nursing would be inconvenient, but I won't be working so, hopefully it won't be too often.

Visit my etsy store! http://www.etsy.com/shop/drurylanedesigns

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search