In so much pain (warning: vent)

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 19th, 2010, 08:26 AM
..Penelope..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy

I finally googled SPD (symphysis pubis dysfunction) this morning, and I fit the description so well (here's a link if you want to read about it: Pelvic pain (SPD)).

I talked to my chiropractor about it yesterday, and he said that it sounds like I have it.

Last night was the worst that it's ever been. Every time I moved in bed, even with my knees pulled up and together, and every time I got up to go the bathroom, it hurt SO much. I don't know if what we did last night (a couple hours of shopping at Toys R Us) made it worse, or if it's just getting worse on it's own.

It literally feels like my whole hip and groin area is trying to rip apart. It's worst at night, and in the morning, walking is excruciating.

I'm going to mention it to my OB at my appointment next week, but honestly, I'm not expecting anything other then that I have to cope. I'm trying, but every day that I feel like this is just so hard. And how am I supposed to get through two more months of bending, sitting and standing at work?

Missing our angel baby since Feb 7, 2009

Visit
BeaMade for unique, adorable, high quality handmade crochet hats and booties, velcro free soother clips and soft sole baby boots.

Last edited by ..Penelope..; January 19th, 2010 at 12:19 PM.
January 19th, 2010, 08:37 AM
onelove1109's Avatar Super Mommy
Im sorry I have been dealing with this as well since about 26 weeks. It is awful I totally understand what you are going thru!!!! Ive mentioned in another post that memory foam mattress has really been helping..but by the end of the night I am in soooo much pain from walking,bending over, just moving in general all day. In the middle of the night I wake up in alot of pain from just turning over in bed. My mom's PT gave me a few exercises to do a couple times a day which seem to help a bit too. They are pilates (sp?) based. So maybe check out a few websites for some exercises you could do?

Thanks so much Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy!

January 19th, 2010, 09:42 AM
CanadianLou's Avatar Laura - mom of 3
Oh dear I feel your pain (as I was saying in my work post). I think in the past 2 days siatica has been kicking in and I also feel your pain with moving in bed at night and getting out of bed to pee etc. I don't know that I have SPD, but it's starting to not get fun to move around, bend, sit for too long, stand for too long, walk for too long. I still enjoy being pregnant for the most part, but it's starting to see like 14 weeks is a LONG way off. LOL

Thank you Meganpixel for the most fantastic siggy!

January 19th, 2010, 10:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry!

I have had sciatica with my other two pregnancies and bad carpal tunnel with all 3 pregnancies (the twin pregnancy being extreme carpal tunnel). It's a wonder I keep getting pregnant LOL!

So anyway, I know that it is just awful but there will be an end to it and delivery isn't really that far away. In the meantime come here and complain all you want...we all get it.

[/COLOR]Nathan(6), Reagan(6), Riley(5), Kaycee(3)

Our Blog

January 19th, 2010, 10:26 AM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry!! HUGS!

January 19th, 2010, 10:26 AM
fibigrey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to fibigrey
I'm so sorry you're having pain I am not much help because I don't have this problem, I have however had to deal with alot of pain in this pregnancy and just "dealing" with it.. the worst part was not knowing EXACTLY what it was..

My friend who is due Jan 30, has been suffering from SPD since she started showing.. Its been hard for her, too.. I read that sometimes it can be so bad it makes vaginal delivery impossible.. I would DEF. talk to your doc about this, because there are safe pain medicines out there for pregnant women, when used in moderation.. like codeine, or darvocet... just not used ALOT closer to delivery.. I hope you get some relief I would def. recommend hot-packs too!
January 19th, 2010, 11:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm in some serious pain too. More so in my back than anything. I'm having the hardest time walking around and I can't sit long because I have a 2 year old to chase around. We have major waddling going on in my house. I hope we all start to get some relief soon!!!

January 19th, 2010, 12:01 PM
lilflower
Oh! I'm sorry Penelope! That really blows. I hope they can do SOMETHING to atleast help....
January 19th, 2010, 12:11 PM
palmetto_moon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have experienced this also. It sucks so bad. It is so hard to describe to other people. I remember in other pregnancies, just laying still in bed, not wanting to roll over, even though my back hurt and I needed to...just because I didn't want that pubic bone pain. Ouch! Waking up first thing in the morning was the worst!
Sorry you are going through this! I wish I knew something that would help. For me, it just came down to having to get through it until the baby was born- then it was magically gone...along with the heartburn, backache and general yuckiness of pregnancy! Good luck!

Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!

visit our family blog at www.stalkedbythestork.com
January 19th, 2010, 03:48 PM
..Penelope..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks so much, ladies. Don't get me wrong...I am so thankful for my little guy, and he is worth anything. Sometimes the only thing that gets me through the day is looking at his sweet little face and feeling him move. For the most part, I love being pregnant, and I feel so blessed to be able to experience this. I just felt so overwhelmed with dealing with this pain this morning, and I needed to get it out.

Annie - Would you mind sharing those exercises?

to everyone else experiencing pain!

Missing our angel baby since Feb 7, 2009

Visit
BeaMade for unique, adorable, high quality handmade crochet hats and booties, velcro free soother clips and soft sole baby boots.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search