why hasn't anyone invented something for pregnant women

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 19th, 2010, 08:19 AM
Love_the_Shoes's Avatar Love my girls!!
to drink that is the equivalent of how the effects of having a glass of wine or beer are to your state of mind?

I can't believe there isn't anything for us out there that is safe for us to consume, but helps relax us.

I'm having such a sad day and really could use a glass of red, a bubble bath and some comfort food!

January 19th, 2010, 08:47 AM
onelove1109's Avatar Super Mommy
Sorry you're having a sad day those are never good. And I totally agree with you...a glass of wine or a margarita would be fantastic right now.

Thanks so much Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy!

January 19th, 2010, 08:56 AM
Racine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am probably going to get a lot of people all riled up about this, but I drank wine every now and then when I was preggo for Aiden, less than a full glass at a time and I didn't do it until I was about 35 weeks, but I needed it. lol.

Or you could try some sparkling juice and pretend it's the real thing?

At the very least, you can have the comfort food and bubble bath

Thank you, Meganpixel, for my awesome siggy!

January 19th, 2010, 09:09 AM
homeschooling mom of 2
Closest I've found.... chocolate, and lots of it

I'm thinking of making some truffles with kalauha, the recipe makes a whole bunch and it just uses a tablespoon or two of the liquor so I'm hopeful I get the taste w/o really consuming much.

I also agree a bit of wine or a spritzer isn't all that terrible, of course I'm to lazy to go buy some and DH refuses. I can't wait to have a huge salami sub (I'm sticking with the no cold cut rule) and glass of wine or margarita after she's born!
January 19th, 2010, 09:17 AM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't ever drink wine or other alcohol when i'm not pregnant so of course i haven't felt a need to drink it while being pregnant either.

My opinion is that it's not good to drink any alcohol when pregnant. It seems like a no-brainer to me.

There are other ways to relax. For me, chocolate works wonderfully

January 19th, 2010, 09:21 AM
fibigrey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to fibigrey
lol candi.. chocolate is definitly great, but then you get the guilt from eating.. but if you think about it, its got just as many calories as alcohol does..

wellll, my doctor kept trying to feed me vestril.. Its used for many different things, but he gave it to me to "relax my uterus" at least thats what he told me at the time.. i was having alot of pain, and a bought of contractions for a day or so..But I know later on when I went to L&D for kidney stone pain they kept trying to push the vestril on me because of "anxiety"..

and I won't take it.. unless its really, REALLY necessary..It made me feel drunk lol.. Its a class C I believe, but I am overly sensitive to medications as is (even cold medicine gets me going) and man I was slurring and could barely walk from ONE DOSE of the stuff..

I think there are "safe" anxiety medications out there for pregnant women with anxiety/depression problems... But probably not recommended unless benefits really outweigh risks.

I know this isn't where you were going with this, lol, sorry, I just wanted to comment on how drunk the vestril made me feel and how my OB is the one who gave it to me--so there are things out there.. My doc thought I had a huge problem with anxiety for a while and was making my pain up.

ANYWAYS- I hope you have a better day *hugs*
January 19th, 2010, 09:27 AM
Ponyo22's Avatar Lindsay
I would kill for some chilled Pinot and a hot bubble bath. I asked my hubbie to not drink at all the last 4 weeks- just in case I go into early labor. And also so I don't throw a shoe at him in a moment of weakness
January 19th, 2010, 09:31 AM
psht. I take hot baths EVERY NIGHT.. really hot.. I just make sure I limit the time to under 15 minutes..

I would die without my baths..

And I took them just as often with DS.. He turned out fine..

Its having prolonged time in the bath that causes problems, raises temperature, etc... under 15 minutes is okay.
January 19th, 2010, 09:34 AM
CuteName's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I take a bubble bath almost every night especially now that it's cold. I'll take a cheesy romance novel in there and just soak until the water gets cold.

I'm with you on the wine thing though. I tend to stare longingly at the wine rack from time to time and just sigh. We had a dinner party the other night and I sniffed my friends wine

I think I'm going in the next week or so to get a pedicure. Those are always relaxing. You could try that. I know it's winter and we won't see our toes that much, but the whole being pampered and relaxing in the massage chairs part sounds good.
January 19th, 2010, 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteName View Post
I think I'm going in the next week or so to get a pedicure. Those are always relaxing. You could try that. I know it's winter and we won't see our toes that much, but the whole being pampered and relaxing in the massage chairs part sounds good.
omg yes. I forgot how much I wanted to do this <3
January 19th, 2010, 10:51 AM
lilflower
They have non-alcoholic versions. But it sure doesn't work the same way. lol.

But I'm there with Racine. With my DD I probably had about 3 glasses of red wine. My DR okayed it too.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search