Baby view mirror?

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 19th, 2010, 10:44 AM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I cannot seem to find a good mirror for the car to see my baby. It seems like none of them have good reviews. Does anyone have a recommendation of a good one?

Also, what kind of thermometer is the best to use on babies? I have an ear thermometer on my registry but wasn't sure how easy those are to use on a LO. Are the pacifier ones any good?

TIA!

Last edited by amazing_love; January 19th, 2010 at 10:49 AM.
January 19th, 2010, 11:21 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We just have the Baby in Sight Mega Mirror. Worked perfect for us.
Baby In Sight Mega Mirror - Blue Ridge - Toys "R" Us

January 19th, 2010, 01:18 PM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
I've always heard not to use the mirrors since they can become a hazard if you're in an accident, we never used one and didn't seem to need it. If we were on a long car trip one of us just sat in the back seat with her.

I've always liked our ear thermometer. We also had an underarm/rectal thermometer that I like too. I've always heard the pacifier ones aren't very accurate.
January 19th, 2010, 01:27 PM
TeamNick's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We never used a mirror. I just put the baby behind the passenger seat. I can look back at her if I need too.

We used a regular digital thermometer for her. We just took her temp under her arm.

Mommy to Evie and Isla Marie

January 19th, 2010, 01:45 PM
jojobug414's Avatar Mommy to a Miracle
I'm not sure about the mirror, but I've heard that rectal thermometers are the most accurate. We're going to go with this one by Vicks. It's gotten great reviews.

Vicks Baby Thermometer - Rectal - Vicks - Toys "R" Us

January 19th, 2010, 03:14 PM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Court485 View Post
I'm not sure about the mirror, but I've heard that rectal thermometers are the most accurate. We're going to go with this one by Vicks. It's gotten great reviews.

Wow it does have great reviews! I might go with this one instead although for some reason it still makes me a little nervous to use a rectal thermometer, but i'm sure that's just because i've never used one before.

January 19th, 2010, 03:23 PM
lilflower
I never used a mirror, but rectal thermometers are the best to use for babies (and get a little thing of KY just in case) but they also have temporal (sp) thermometers now....the ones that do it on the forehead....
January 19th, 2010, 03:27 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Quote:
Originally Posted by Court485 View Post

This is the thermometer we have, and it's great! Rectal is definitely the most accurate in infants. You can't go wrong with this one because the tip is so small. I just kept a little jar of vaseline with the thermometer.

I had a car mirror, but it never stayed in place. The firemen who installed our carseat recommended not using one because it can become a hazard if you're in an accident. I won't be using a mirror this time.
January 19th, 2010, 04:06 PM
homeschooling mom of 2
the ear ones don't work well on babies since their canals are so different, I just bought a temporal artery one though I still have to practice using it (must do it right or your readings will be messed up) I will use that if I suspect a fever but will always double check with the vicks rectal if I think she actually has one as it's the most accurate (and they are tiny and easy to use, no worries baby won't even notice).

No advice on mirrors, I'm sure anything I used with DD isn't even out anymore.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search