Something funny (if you share my warped sense of humor)

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 19th, 2010, 12:30 PM
palmetto_moon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Okay, so fair warning. Not everyone shares my sense of humor. Things tend to be funny to me that may or may not be funny to others.
Anyhow here it is. My sister called this morning. She is a labor and delivery nurse in Tennessee. Anyhow, the labor and delivery staff got called into a madatory meeting today because....someone wrote on the comment section of the patient survey "All of you nurses are bi***es!"
Apparently, the powers that be at the hospital take those surveys very seriously and now my sister has been in the meeting for two hours! I aked her if it was true and she said that there are indeed, a few who are. But overall, no.
I can't even imagine writing that on my survey!!!! Don't get me wrong, I'm totally all for describing in detail what the problem is if something is not satisfactory..but just writing THAT...I think someone either had a really crappy experience, or was feeling really hormonal! OR was just treated really badly.
Anyway, had to laugh that she is in a meeting on her day off due to the survey comment.

Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!

visit our family blog at www.stalkedbythestork.com
January 19th, 2010, 12:34 PM
fibigrey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to fibigrey
god.. I work in doctors offices (when not on bedrest) and they DO take those surveys seriously.. Actually, there is one company that actually gives you a certain amount of points based on patient satisfaction, and for some hospitals alot of their funding is from the surveys.. I know the one I work for is..

We used to have these meetings about patient satisfaction that would last 2+ hours.. *barf*

I do get that some things need to be addressed, but some people are crazy and no matter what you do, you can't please.
January 19th, 2010, 01:19 PM
sarah*'s Avatar Loving My Piglets
oh my she must of had a bad experience to write just that it did make me laugh a bit

Sarah (27) married to Stuart (32)
together for 11 years married for 5 years.
mummy too....
Ryleigh (8yrs - April 24th 2006)
Rhianna (7yrs - June 7th 2007)
Lacey (6yrs - June 5th 2008)
Lucas (4yrs - April 26th 2010)
Connor (1yrs - February 15th 2013)

January 19th, 2010, 01:21 PM
renee4152's Avatar Proud Mommy of 2!
just wondering, does she work at a hospital in Memphis?
January 19th, 2010, 02:45 PM
niema's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to niema
Thats crazy. I dont know what the case was with that lady and those nurses, but there are some really rude/inconsiderate nurses out there. Especially in emergency rooms. It sucks she had to be there on her off day though.
I cant believe someone would actually write that though, haha.
January 19th, 2010, 03:26 PM
lilflower
I never wrote anything like that on a comment card...but I had a head nurse in my room when I had my miscarriage last January because the nurse that I had basically told me if I kept my legs shut it wouldn't have happened...and that's why birth control is supposed to be used. I **** a BRICK.
January 19th, 2010, 03:40 PM
..Penelope..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh, my gosh!

Lily, that is awful! I'm so sorry

Missing our angel baby since Feb 7, 2009

Visit
BeaMade for unique, adorable, high quality handmade crochet hats and booties, velcro free soother clips and soft sole baby boots.
January 19th, 2010, 03:45 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I had to laugh at that! I would be so annoyed to be stuck in a meeting for that long for that reason. That meeting should take 5 minutes- "Attention nurses, don't be a B****. Let's use common sense people! Okay good meeting."
January 19th, 2010, 07:30 PM
Platinum Supermommy
HAHA thats tooo freakin hilarious!!!! But I did know someone who had a birth experience so badly that she refused to re-live it and tell her birth story. It was all due to the hospital staff.
January 19th, 2010, 07:55 PM
peaches84's Avatar Super Mommy
I agree that there are nurses out there that are rude, however all too often I see nurses try and try and try their best to be nice/friendly/speedy and it is never enough, some people walk in the door thinking that they can boss us around and don't like it when it doesn't go their way. many people think that they are princes/princesses when they are in the hospital and that's not how it works and also I get quite a few patients that get mad at me because i'm following orders from the doctor and there is nothing I can do about it. I had a patient call the supervisor of the hospital because I wouldn't give her a bedpan and made her walk to the bathroom which was part of her treatment/healing. she yelled at me but if I had given her the bedpan the doctor would have yelled at me, there is no winner in this game.

6/15/13
January 19th, 2010, 08:46 PM
palmetto_moon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Renee- No, she's not in Memphis. She is in Knoxville.
Lilian- That's a horrible story. I hope you reported that nurse. How could anyone be so insensitive!!!
Kelsey- the point that you made was essentially the point she told me she made at the meeting. Basically she said that when she spoke, she said that if the patient had writen specifically what the issue was, then they would be able to take it more seriously and evaluate whether yes, indeed the patient was treated badly, but with just that statement- that could mean anything. Often people complain when its things they they really need to take up with either their doctor or the hospital administration. For example, she said some moms get upset when she won't bring them food during labor. But that isn't her call so she CAN'T bring them food even though she agrees they should be able to have it if they want. Ditto for the visitation policy. Even though she does agree that its stupid, its her job to enforce it, even though it ticks some patients off.

I've had a fair share of issues with the labor and delivery nurses where I deliver as well. I try not to take it out on them though, as my beef is with the admin that makes the policies..not the nurses. The only time I get upset with them is when they treat me rudely because I don't follow the policies (I know they are just doing their job, but as a mom...I'm also just doing mine) or say things that indiciate they think my decisions are hazardous to my newborn. Last time when I told the nurse I didn't want Bree to go to the warmer after her birth, and that instead I wanted her to stay in my arms and for them to please do what they needed to do with her in my arms, the nurse got snotty and commented that if she wasn't breathing properly she'd need to go to the warmer. I took a deep breath and told her that OF COURSE I wouldn't insist on keeping the baby in my arms if she couldn't breathe! Then the nurse said "good to know you aren't one of those crazy moms!" WTH???? Crazy? becuase I think the best place for my newborn (after just coming through a seriously traumatizing experience for her too!) is in my arms!!! uggggg!
I do believe though, that by and large, most nurses really do care and are there to help and really want to make patients happy. Too bad the woman who wrote the comment didn't write the specifics of what was bothering her. Maybe if she had, something helpful could have come out of it rather than just a waste of everyones time.

Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!

visit our family blog at www.stalkedbythestork.com
January 20th, 2010, 09:42 AM
~ Christine ~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
WOW! I didn't realize that they take those surveys so seriously. Maybe next time I'll fill it out!

Forever missing our angel 8.31.07

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search