I passed!! Also an Update on Me

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 19th, 2010, 06:40 PM
MichelleN's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I took my gestational diabetes test last Thursday. I found out today that I passed the 1 hour test. Yeah!!!

My appointment last Thursday was interesting. I woke up that morning with a migraine. Fun! Then had to drink that stuff! That made it even worse. Luckily I was able to keep it down long enough to get my blood drawn. Then I threw up. My blood pressure was up 133/90. I think it was because I wasn't feeling good.

I also lost 6lbs. Yes! That's right. I LOST 6 lbs. Oops! My doctor wasn't too happy with that. She said she didn't mind me maintaining (so far I've only gained 10lbs) but she didn't want to see me lost 6 lbs (I was up 16lbs). I have no idea how that happened. I think it had to do with my husband and I cutting back on the fast food. So I've reduced my sodium levels.

I am also still having contractions so I am still on bed rest. Fun Fun! I'm really going crazy here! I've only been to doctor's appointments since the first part of December. And there is no end to the bedrest. Since I've been on bedrest the swelling that I had is completely gone! So that is good news at least. The more active I'm around the house the more contractions I have. So I do know that I need to be on bedrest. At least I can work from home, so that keeps me busy during the day.

My doctor can't really get a good measurement of my uterus. They do the fundal height to see how the baby is growing. 2 1/2 weeks ago I measured 32 weeks (I was 25 1/2 weeks at the time), but last Thursday (28 weeks 1 day) I only measured 30 weeks. My little girl was on my left side and not in the middle so that made a difference in the measurement. My doctor wants me to start seeing my high risk doctor every 2 weeks now for a sonogram. The sonogram will measure growth and will check for dilation. So not only will I be going to the regular OB every 2 weeks (which I've been going every 2 weeks since November) but I have to see the high risk doctor too. At least I get to see my little girl! So that will give me something to look forward too.

Thanks for reading! This is my little update.
January 19th, 2010, 08:03 PM
renee4152's Avatar Proud Mommy of 2!
glad you passed your test! it actually surprises me that you had to wait that long. i took mine this morning, and after she took my blood, it was less than 2 minutes before she had the result. anyway, hope all goes well with the growth and the contractions and dilation.
January 19th, 2010, 08:06 PM
palmetto_moon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad you passed! 6 pounds! Wow! I'm jealous! I would freakin love to loose pounds. Believe me, I have the extra...it wouldn't harm baby in the least!!!

Want to hear something funny. My OB/midwife office is researching to find out how many jelly beans equals the glucose drink you get for your test. When they find it out, they are interested in switching over to jelly beans! Too late for me, but how cool!

Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!

visit our family blog at www.stalkedbythestork.com
January 20th, 2010, 04:48 AM
Amanda C's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad you passed! I hope everything goes well and your able to keep baby baking.

I know what you mean about the sodium. I lose so much just by cutting down on that.

January 20th, 2010, 06:02 AM
Max n Meghan's Mom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So glad to have an update! And congrats on the test, that's awesome! My mother said when she was pregnant with me they had her eat a jelly sandwich.

It'll be nice seeing your baby, but sheesh, with so many appointments it'll be like not being on bed rest! lol Are they going to be on the same day or week? Or will you be going to the OB one week and the sono the next?

Thank you for my beautiful siggy, *Kiliki*!Visit My Blog

January 20th, 2010, 06:05 AM
becker206's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad to hear you passed your test! I find out this morning If I passed mine from last night. I was up all night worried about it.

January 20th, 2010, 06:38 AM
CuteName's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats on a great visit!! And congrats on the weight. I know we're supposed to be gaining, but hey...if you're cut out sodium that could be 6 pounds in water weight alone you may have been retaining. So good for you!

Oh and about the jelly bean thing...I'm not sure I'd want to eat that many jelly beans. Angela...make sure you make a thread about that if you find out anything...sounds cool.
January 20th, 2010, 06:52 AM
Meganpixel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for the update Michelle. I am glad you passed the test. KUP when you can and take care of yourself.
January 20th, 2010, 06:57 AM
MichelleN's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'll have a different appointment each week. The reason I just found out yesterday is because the stupid nurse at my doctor's office didn't call me on Friday like she was supposed to. Then my doctor's office was closed on Monday because of the MLK Jr holiday. So it wasn't until late yesterday when they called me.
January 20th, 2010, 09:58 AM
~ Christine ~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats on passing the 1hr test!!!!

Sorry you're going to have a bunch of appts now, but at least you get to see your little girl!!

Forever missing our angel 8.31.07

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search