BTDT moms - your playard

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 20th, 2010, 07:07 AM
..Penelope..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm guessing that all of the registry item stuff has already been asked, so I'm sorry to repeat a question

We won't have a real nursery until we move into our house in June. In the meantime, we were going to use our playard for Logan to sleep in. I was just wondering...later on, how much do you actually use your playard for the baby to spend time in? I don't remember any of my sisters who have had kids using one.

We're going to be buying the crib once we move into our house, so I'm thinking that if the playard isn't going to get much use, we might as well go with a less expensive bassinet.

TIA!

Missing our angel baby since Feb 7, 2009

Visit
BeaMade for unique, adorable, high quality handmade crochet hats and booties, velcro free soother clips and soft sole baby boots.

Last edited by ..Penelope..; January 20th, 2010 at 08:01 AM.
January 20th, 2010, 07:23 AM
dbarney's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I used it a lot. It's great to put them in there and go off and clean or get ready or just about anything. Now that I have DS I can put the baby in there and she will be safe away from his little hands. I have also taken it outside when I do yard work or even when I have go to friends houses. I even took it camping 6-8 times. Really I think that after this one I'll have to get another one because I used it so much.

January 20th, 2010, 07:31 AM
mimi81's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm not a BTDT mom, but I thought I'd answer anyway. I was thinking of using mine the same as Diana. If I have to clean up, or if baby is going to spend time at Grandma's, or in my case, to keep separated from the dogs, You'll probably get more use out of it than a bassinett IMO.

[IMG][/IMG]

January 20th, 2010, 07:41 AM
sarah*'s Avatar Loving My Piglets
I used it a little bit when i had lacey as rhianna was only 12 months and i did not like leaving the room in case rhianna accidently fell on lacey or hit her or something but once lacey got to about 6 months i packed it up and never used it since! I will be getting it out this time though as i will have a 3 year old and a 2 year old and i won't trust them around Lucas so i will put him in there when i need to go to the toilet or do something in the kitchen etc

Sarah (27) married to Stuart (31)
together for 10.5 years married for 4.5 years.
mummy too....
Ryleigh (8yrs - April 24th 2006)
Rhianna (7yrs - June 7th 2007)
Lacey (6yrs - June 5th 2008)
Lucas (4yrs - April 26th 2010)
Connor (1yrs - February 15th 2013)

January 20th, 2010, 07:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We went with a bassinet sized pack n play because we thought it would be nice to save some room, but I totally regret that. We only used it a couple times within the first 7 months because he never let me put him down. Then when he would actually let me put him down to get something done he was too big for it. So we have to buy a new pack n play this time around, but won't until the baby is a little bigger.

It's nice to have it so they can sleep in the living room, put them down to run to the restroom, travel, get a couple things done here and there...

January 20th, 2010, 08:04 AM
Racine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We also used ours a lot. Until just a couple weeks ago I put him in it any time I had to run to another part of the house or needed to be upstairs for a while. We had it set up permanently in our play room. (He also slept in it in our room until he was 5 months old)

This was one item we splurged on (this is the one we have) and I LOVE it. But you don't need one with all the bells and whistles to get the job done.

You have to think about your living situation and what you might be using it for.

Thank you, Meganpixel, for my awesome siggy!

January 20th, 2010, 08:06 AM
Max n Meghan's Mom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We still use ours for trips. We mostly only used it for sleeping but one time we had it outside because I needed to help DH work on the car. I put a bunch of toys in it and he had a blast. Around the house, I used the swing, bouncy seat, play mat and later the jumperoo more when I needed to set him down. I think we'll use it more with Meghan though to keep Max from messing with her.

Beyond that, I've even used it for clothes! On laundry day I'd put the clothes in it as they came out of the dryer and then when Max went down for a nap or to bed for the night I'd fold them. Otherwise he unfolds them behind me.

Thank you for my beautiful siggy, *Kiliki*!Visit My Blog

January 20th, 2010, 09:48 AM
CanadianLou's Avatar Laura - mom of 3
We used ours a lot too with DD. This time since we won't be having a nursery the baby will be in with us, and last night we just bought one with a bassinette that will go in our room. I was looking for a specific one to keep the cat out, and I found it! I was so happy!

We were going to go with the Mini Co-sleeper right up until I found this last night, but as someone said up there, I was worried she'd get too big for it too soon and we wouldn't get as much use out of it. So I'm happy!

Thank you Meganpixel for the most fantastic siggy!

January 20th, 2010, 09:49 AM
~ Christine ~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We actually have two. We have a bassinet sized one that the boys slept in for the first few months right by our bed and then we set up the big one in the living room. We used it for the first few months, but after that, we really didn't use it much. I kinda regret that now, because it would be really nice to be able to put Dean somewhere safe and not have him freak out!

Forever missing our angel 8.31.07

January 20th, 2010, 11:02 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
We never used ours at home so I went with a relatively inexpensive full size one. Our room and the nursery are on the main level of the house, so for naps and bedtime we just put Lily in her crib in her room. We used it often when going to other people's houses. Even now, we throw it in the back of the car if we go to a friend's house for dinner because Lily tends to go to bed shortly after eating.
January 20th, 2010, 01:04 PM
TeamNick's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
NEVER!!! I am so glad we got ours used. This would have been a huge waste of money for us.

The only time we used our was when we went to stay at my folks or my in-laws. However, after the first or second time my folks and my in-laws just bought one for their house so we didn't have to keep dragging ours around.

Mommy to Evie and Isla Marie

January 20th, 2010, 01:41 PM
Amanda C's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I use mine all the time. It's great for baby to sleep in at first and then really helpful for later when you need to get something done. We also take it with us when we go camping. It gave dd a safe place to sit and play.

January 20th, 2010, 02:00 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We have the same one Racine posted (the Chicco Lullaby playard) and used it somewhat. After Lily outgrew the bassinet portion we'd use it to just put her in sometimes while we needed to switch laundry, etc. I'd also use it for her to play in while I did a workout DVD since she can see me through the sides.

Now it is downstairs and all her toys are thrown into it every day, so it is just used for that. She's only 31" but she can pretty much lever herself out of it so we don't put her in it anymore.

January 20th, 2010, 03:02 PM
becker206's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We used/still use ours quite a bit. Mainly because it gives us something to lay baby in, or change the baby upstairs since that is where the main living areas are. And the crib is downstairs with the bedrooms. I still change my daughter on it daily and we also use it for timeouts for her. It's really come in handy for lots of things.

January 20th, 2010, 06:31 PM
k8liz311's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We never used ours. He refused to sleep in it.. and when he was older, he would not sit in it without screaming bloody murder. Turns out now, he sleeps in one at daycare. Go figure..

Anyways.. I still have ours and I'm hoping this next one will use it. I'm going to keep it downstairs for napping and diaper changes.

January 20th, 2010, 07:58 PM
..Penelope..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks!

Missing our angel baby since Feb 7, 2009

Visit
BeaMade for unique, adorable, high quality handmade crochet hats and booties, velcro free soother clips and soft sole baby boots.
January 21st, 2010, 08:30 AM
shanna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I used it all the time. When she was old enough to sit and play by herself for awhile I'd let her sit in there with toys and just play. She loved it. I think mine was used alot until she was 2, she never climbed out though like most kids will.
January 21st, 2010, 01:03 PM
*Ashley*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We never used ours. We used the bassinet part that sits on top for Addison to sleep in until she was about three months old then we never used it again. When at home she played on a blanket on the floor and took her naps in our bed. It was a similar situation with Camille although we lived with my IL's so the arrangements were a little different.

Thank you Katarina for my fabulous siggy!

January 21st, 2010, 01:15 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I only plan on using it when we travel and she sleeps over someone else's house. I have a bassinet that I can carry around as well but that'll stay in the room, the pack n play will probably stay down stairs and will be used as a play pen when she gets older

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search