Weight gain (sorry vent)

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 20th, 2010, 08:22 AM
J-V221's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was looking at the weight gain chart and seeing were I was. As over the past few days I've noticed in posts people talking about only gaining around 10 lbs or whatever range. I'm starting to be really concerned about myself cause I've gained over 25lbs already. My doc hasn't said anything about my weight gain being a concern to him, but you ladies all seem to be sooooooo small. UGH sorry I just needed to get that off my chest of me gaining so much DANG weight!~
January 20th, 2010, 08:25 AM
dbarney's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If your dr hasn't said anything I'm sure there's nothing to worry about.

January 20th, 2010, 08:35 AM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree. Everyone is different and it can also depend on what your starting weight was. I haven't gained much but people gain more at different points in their pregnancy, so my body might just gain the most toward the end compared to some people who gain the most in the 2nd tri.

January 20th, 2010, 08:36 AM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
I would agree that if your Dr. hasn't said anything then I wouldn't worry either. Personally, I started out at 185, so I shouldn't gain much. If you start out smaller you will likely gain more.
January 20th, 2010, 08:57 AM
homeschooling mom of 2
I agree with Mylene, at least that's been my experience. With my first I started at 144lbs and ended up gaining well over 60lbs... I was up at least 25lbs by this point and then was gaining several a week and extreme bloating and water retention at the end really added up. With this one I started at 170, I'm up between 10-12lbs (fluctuates every couple of days) so I'm hopeful to keep it around 20-25lbs max since I was already overweight to start with. Average gain is around 30lbs but again that is an average, some women actually LOSE weight when they are pregnant and others gain well over the average... as long as your eating healthy as possible and your doctor hasn't said anything about a rapid gain or loss I'm sure you're just fine for you
January 20th, 2010, 09:01 AM
lilflower
35 lbs of weight gain is the "normal" point. So 25lbs right now leaves you another 10 lbs to go! So you are gaining perfectly.
January 20th, 2010, 09:56 AM
~ Christine ~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I completely agree. Your doc will tell you if you gain too much. I gained 50+ pounds with Dean and my doc didn't say a word.

Forever missing our angel 8.31.07

January 20th, 2010, 09:58 AM
J-V221's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks ladies for your kind words, I was just so disappointed when I've realized that I've gained +25lbs and a lot of others were around the 10lb mark. I started at 142, and my breast size has increased by several (and I mean several) cup sizes. Also water retention is what my mom was thinking.
January 20th, 2010, 10:04 AM
LisaBrown's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've gained 20 and my doc says I'm right on track, shooting for a 25 to 35 lb gain total. I only gained 2 lbs in the last 4 weeks, but that's probably due to the meal plans I have to follow now to keep GD at bay, but she said that's fine. Like some mentioned, some women pack it on towards the end while some might be slowing down in the weight gain about now. And honestly, I felt the same way seeing that some ladies have only put on 10 lbs, but then again I might tend to worry if I wasn't gaining...so as long as your doc is happy, try not to worry about it, it sounds perfectly normal to me! Hey, some women put on 60-70 lbs during pregnancy, so you're far from that!

January 20th, 2010, 10:57 AM
becker206's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sure your just fine! Don't let it get you down.

January 20th, 2010, 11:07 AM
fibigrey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to fibigrey
I've gained around 20.. I talked to one of the docs about it, she said everyone is different, and you're going to gain what you gain.. she said she gained over 50 lbs with each pregnancy she had.. LAst pregnancy I had, I gained over 40, and I think its unfair i've already gained 20ish, because I eat alot healthier this time, and I put weight on so much quicker last time..

but its destined. lol.. im at about 2 lbs a week!
January 20th, 2010, 11:08 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
No need to worry if your doctor isn't worried. I gained 36 pounds with Lily, and was probably up around 20-25 pounds by this point in the pregnancy. It was an easy pregnancy with no nausea and tons of cravings. At this point I've only gained 14 pounds, but it's been a much more difficult pregnancy. The nausea I had up until 16 weeks caused me to lose weight, and I don't have any cravings. Plus I'm now at home chasing a toddler around and constantly doing housework that I didn't have to do last time. Every pregnancy is going to be different, and as long as you are healthy then just enjoy!
January 20th, 2010, 01:11 PM
Love_the_Shoes's Avatar Love my girls!!
Agree w/everyone else...I can tell you, I'm one of those gals that is gaining in her 3rd trimester and it isn't slowing down! I can't stop craving stupid milk-shakes.

January 20th, 2010, 01:22 PM
emmabear's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm around the same weight as you. I'm 5'10 and 140 to start, and right now, I am fluctuating around 156-161...so about a 16-20 lb weight gain so far. My doctor says this is great and I too have had some major cleavage boosting, LOL. She says she recommends a pound a week from here on out, which would leave us right around the 35 lb range, which is great for average gain.

It weirded me out that people have only gained 10 or so lbs on here too, but I think different bodies just gain differently.

Hang in there!

Emily

www.themodernmommy.com
January 20th, 2010, 01:40 PM
SerendipitysChild's Avatar Super Mommy
I feel ya Vanessa!!! With DD I gained 12 pounds the entire pregnancy but that was because I spent ALL 9 months with my head in the toilet and in/out of the hospital with a laundry list of issues, this pregnancy I started out over 40 pound lighter than I did the last and have had a perfectly comfy pregnancy but it still shocks me that the weight I have gained now is around the 30 pound mark and I still have just over 10 weeks to go!!! I'm trying to curb the panic but I am certain this will be a 50+ pound pregnancy!

Thank You Jaidynsmum for my fabulous fall siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search