Beginning to Nest

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 20th, 2010, 01:58 PM
shanna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yesterday I organized one closet in this house, I've got 3 more to go before baby gets here.

Today I just went through a box of clothes I had from when Allison was a baby. OMG the memories! I've sorted out the smaller stuff...not much there, but more than I thought...and washing them. I kept alot of 18 month stuff so the kid will have alot from those however they maybe the wrong season for her
Happy laundry day for me!!
January 20th, 2010, 02:09 PM
Amanda C's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I know what you mean. I'm going to go through dd's stuff and pull out anything neutral colored but it still may be the wrong season.

January 20th, 2010, 02:58 PM
becker206's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It feels good to get those things done though doesn't it? I have been doing that too, cleaning and sorting.

January 20th, 2010, 03:26 PM
DondraB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Me too!!!!!!!!

The girls are going to share a room....so I went through the closet and organized all hanging clothes by size...moved Kinley's drawers to one side, and I have one for Karsyn on the other side. Then I organized all headbands/bows/socks, etc and separated which will fit which girl lol. Then I went through all of Kinley's toys and threw away anything from McDonalds, anything that was broken, old, or useless.....got like a whole bag of toys thrown away! Then I got all the baby stuff put in the crib....I sorted through newborn-3 month clothes of Kinley's and sorted them out...threw away a handful that were stained and the rest I storted to be washed and put away. I just need to vacuum the girls room and it will be totally done! Plus I've picked up the living room...need to vacuum it, put away laundry, do the dishes, clean and mop bathroom floors and clean the dining room and kitchen floors-our new dining room table is being delivered on Friday!!! Whew...I've been doing too much today-been getting BH contractions ...so right now I'm taking an hour break until I finish the rest of my cleaning!!

January 20th, 2010, 04:07 PM
ChrissySTL's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My project last weekend was installing a closet organizer in the nursery closet. I thought I could do it in one night and after missing parts and buying the wrong size, 2 trips to the store later and about 3 days later and it was done. DO NOT buy a ClosetMaid organizer if you want to keep your sanity! It was a pain to put together!

Thank you MeganPixel for surprising me with this super cute siggy-you rock!

January 20th, 2010, 04:24 PM
DondraB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
^^Thanks for the tip!!

We just use those cheap plastic drawers from walmart for Kinley and I got some for Karsyn too. Then I just write what is in each drawer on a pink post-it and tape it to the drawer--this helps DH know where things are! lol They are in the closet so no ones sees them and it frees up some space in her room for toys! lol Then I put nice wicker baskets under her changing table-on the shelves-with diapers in one, burp cloths in one and bibs in another! Those are three things I need easy access to!...but once Karsyn gets here I'll have to have 2 baskets for diapers! lol I'll try to post a pic later of their room...I need to get letters to spell out Karsyn, and need another crib mattress!

January 21st, 2010, 08:35 AM
shanna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I did that alot with Allison to. I used the plastic drawers and seperated oneies, sleepers, bibs, etc. It made it much easier to find and put away things. I may go buy some for this one, but since she'll be in our room for so long I want the things in my room easy to get to so I may just use the drawers under her changing table. I need to go out and buy some hangers to put the hang up stuff away.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search