Registry (stressed)

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 20th, 2010, 04:54 PM
Jannell's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey ladies! I know we have had a lot of posts lately about registries..well here is an other! Gosh I guess I was in denial I had no idea just how much stuff there is for babies out there! I want to do my Babies R Us one this week and Target next but I realized I really have no idea what to ask for. Of course I have some ideas but then there are things I just totally spaced out on. Anyway I was wondering if those of you who have done theirs if maybe I could seek a look at them. If you don't feel okay with that I totally understand but thought it may be helpful for me. Thanks! Hope everyone had a great Wednesday!
January 20th, 2010, 04:58 PM
ChrissySTL's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You are more than welcome to look at mine. I did a lot of researching through the book Baby Bargains before making mine. I chose not to register for things I would't need until later like a safety gate, bowls, spoons, etc. I also left small items off like most toys bibs, etc b.c I know people will automatically buy me these things at showers, same reason I didn't register for clothes. Here is my info for BRU:
Chrissy Eickhorst, state: MO

Oh and you may want to register for diapers, I didn't b/c I am having a diaper shower!

Thank you MeganPixel for surprising me with this super cute siggy-you rock!

January 20th, 2010, 07:36 PM
becker206's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
This site may be helpful to you.

What to Buy for Baby? - Pregnancy - Second Trimester

January 20th, 2010, 08:40 PM
palmetto_moon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I didn't make a registry this time around but in other pregnancies here are some of the things I registered for:
diapers
wipes
diaper bag
bathtub
bath products
baby first aid kit (you know, the one with the thermomenter, nasal asperator, nail clippers, infant tylenol ect)
hooded towels
washclothes
bottles
pacfiers
bottle rack/bottle brush ect.
baby book/first year calander
cute room decorations/picture frames
receiving blankets
heavier blankets
hats
play mat
baby toys

I personally didn't usually register for large ticket items unless I thought there would be several people who might go in together but a lot of people do, so you could also remember to add
infant car seat/travel system
high chair
swing
sling
bouncy seats

also, I never registered for clothes for 2 different reasons 1) people will automatically buy that 2) it can be tough to locate clothing on a registry because what was there when you register may no longer be there when people shop for you. With the way that stores move seasonal clothing in for the new season so freakin early nowadays, often what you originally registered for will be moved or gone. OR the opposite- at the time you are doing the registering,the things your baby will need to wear aren't in season yet. So, I always skipped the clothing and people always seemed to buy outfits anyway so I always still got plenty.

Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!

visit our family blog at www.stalkedbythestork.com
January 20th, 2010, 08:40 PM
fibigrey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to fibigrey
you can look at mine too, go to walmart.com and look up my name kristi williams under Waverly, NY

I didn't add any clothing, diapers, or wipes.. its kindof necessity these days
January 21st, 2010, 07:23 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I also didn't register for clothes because I assumed that they would probably be gone by the time people shopped for my shower. I did register for basic onesies, which no one bought because they're boring!

I registered for big stuff- travel system, extra carseat base, playard, swing, high chair, and exersaucer because I knew that family and very close friends would purchase some of these.

Other things you want to consider:
basic crib sheets (you will change them often)
sheet savers (little cloth pads to tie to the bed to catch spit up)
playard sheets (just a few)
receiving blankets- you won't need too many. I hardly used mine and I had a January baby
burp rags (the prefold diaper style ones I preferred)
bouncy seat (with vibrating setting)
bibs (cloth ones are fine at the beginning to catch drool and spit up, plastic ones are great once they start eating other foods)
towels and washcloths
boppy and extra cover (or any nursing pillow if you plan to do breastfeeding)
first aid kit
activity mat for floor play

I didn't register for bottles just because I didn't know what I wanted at the time.
January 21st, 2010, 08:20 AM
Platinum Supermommy
You can check out Target and BRU for mine.

BRU: 44841267
Target: 014185700000286

I started my target one in store and BRU online (I ended up going to BRU though b/c a lot of the items like the stroller and infant car seat I wanted to actually see and test out)
January 21st, 2010, 10:51 AM
Jannell's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Great thanks everyone!!
January 21st, 2010, 01:43 PM
mimi81's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
When you go to Babies r Us they give you a booklet that tells you what to register for and they told me don't register for any clearance items or clothes because different stores have different stock or they may be out. But basically when you get there just go down every aisle and scan whatever you want (took me 2 hours and that was rushed). The when you get home you can always add or delete items online.

[IMG][/IMG]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search