question about breech babies!

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 20th, 2010, 03:59 PM
Super Mommy
So I had my 28 week ob apt today and they told me that baby is transverse... the ob said they will wait and see what happens at 32 weeks and if she does not go headdown then they will manually trry to move here and if that does not work I will scheduled for a c-section at week 38. I am a little neverous as I do not want a c-section. I will if baby is breech as I do not want to risk giving birth taht way... anyone elses' baby not head down yet?????????????

I have to go and get my rogam shot tomorrow love being o- lol!!!!

Everythign else is well, will start weekly nst at week 32... wow it is getting close ladies!

January 20th, 2010, 04:13 PM
LIZZYI's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
One baby is head down but baby B is breech. Don't get discouraged, I have heard of baby's moving head down very close to delivery time

January 20th, 2010, 04:37 PM
Amanda C's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My dd was transverse until I was 30 weeks. She turned head down after that. This baby is already head down as of today.

January 20th, 2010, 04:48 PM
Meganpixel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Mine little thing was breech too! I have my hopes up that she will turn. I think she already has and then flipped around again. I got my RH- shot too. Good luck!
January 20th, 2010, 04:55 PM
renee4152's Avatar Proud Mommy of 2!
my baby is breech, as of today. the ultrasound tech told me to google different ways to get the baby to turn on his own.

Last edited by renee4152; January 20th, 2010 at 06:08 PM.
January 20th, 2010, 05:58 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Baby still has a lot of room to move around and flip. Check out About Spinning Babies, they have tons of info about getting baby to go head down.

January 20th, 2010, 06:02 PM
homeschooling mom of 2
I'm surprised at 28wks anyone's drs are making any sort of big deal about it, they have plenty of room and tend to flip around alot still at this point, I thought it was only well after 32wks they would even start to worry. Mine is breech though the tech even said "nothing to worry about still early" of course I'm having a c-section regardless so it doesn't really matter to me either way but I'd think you have plenty of time for your little one to turn around
January 20th, 2010, 06:08 PM
~ Christine ~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree - I'm surprised the doc is making a big deal of it right now. I wouldn't make a decision on a c-section for a breach baby at 32w.

Hope she turns head down soon!!

Forever missing our angel 8.31.07

January 20th, 2010, 06:27 PM
becker206's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
With my daughter she was head down until 36 weeks when she flipped to transverse. I did everything I could to get her to flip naturally and read all the websites including spinning babies. The next time I went in she has completely breech. I developed pre-eclamsia at 38 weeks and she was still breech so they decided to go ahead with C-sec. I am hoping for a VBAC this time if all goes well.

January 20th, 2010, 07:33 PM
TeamNick's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My little one is still breech also.

Mommy to Evie and Isla Marie

January 20th, 2010, 07:43 PM
palmetto_moon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am also shocked they would even say anything at 32 weeks. My midwife and the OB won't even think about it unless baby is still breech at 35 to 36 weeks. THEN they start to think baby is probably not going to turn and will offer the option of a manuel version. Sadly, they will push C section if the version doesn't work.

Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!

visit our family blog at www.stalkedbythestork.com
January 20th, 2010, 08:21 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
My midwife said not to worry yet- she wouldn't even take a guess at the position. Most of the time though she's transverse. A woman in my PR went to a chiropractor who was able to turn her son, but she also got the referral from her OB. My sister just had an external version for her second daughter. They did it when she hit 37 weeks and then monitored her up until delivery. It worked within seconds for her.
January 20th, 2010, 10:20 PM
CuteName's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
At my last checkup the doc said he would do an ultrasound at 28 weeks (next week) to see if she's gotten out of the breech position too. I'd hate to sit around and worry about c-sections and stuff at this point, but that did get me a little freaked out.

Although in the last couple days it feels like she's up in my ribs so maybe that means she's flipped. After a while though don't they get too big to flip around??

I hope your baby moves for you
January 21st, 2010, 12:08 AM
Super Mommy
I think my LO turns every day. At night when I'm laying down she feels transverse and is very active. She likes to push her feet against the matress and pinch my belly.... so not amusing lol. Then by morning she feels breach and I feel everything really low. Then by evening time she is kicking my ribs.... She is soooo active and turns around so much and so fast I'm terrified she is going do something bad to her cord or get tied up in it. It will be a relief when she runs out of room and has to stay one way or the other. My Ob has yet to even mention her position.

Thank you so much Meganpixel for my beautiful sigie!

January 21st, 2010, 06:48 AM
sarah*'s Avatar Loving My Piglets
I have my rhogam shot next thursday, oh i hate that shot lol

I would not worry yet, baby has plenty of time to move to being head down!

January 21st, 2010, 07:07 AM
J-V221's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
At my last u/s the baby was also breech and they said by the time I leave the clinic the baby will be flipped and moving a different way. Dr. said he is not concerned at all about the babys position cause they move so much. I really wouldn't worry just yet.

I'm also in the same boat as you, I get my RH- shot at the next appointment here in 2 weeks. I got my dads A- blood type here! lol
January 21st, 2010, 08:19 AM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
I got my rhogam shot 2 weeks ago. The nurse in L&D that gives them is REALLY good at it so it wasn't that bad

I'm also surprised they're worried about baby's position at this point. It seems pretty early to be talking c-section at 38 weeks. There's still lots of time for the baby to move at that point.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search