Monistat?

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 20th, 2010, 08:33 PM
Super Mommy
I think I have a yeast infection and the nurse at my Dr's office said Monistat is safe after the first trimester and to just use that to get rid of it. Being the worry wort I am I'm just concerned if its completely safe. I'm getting mixed reviews on the internet so I'm wondering what your opinions are and if any of you have used this while pregnant. I'm just using it externally right now but I figured I would only use half the dose at night and not insert the applicator all the way. It just seems really close to the cervix... the applicators are so long. I def. can't stand to not treat it though... its driving me nuts :-(.

Thank you so much Meganpixel for my beautiful sigie!

January 20th, 2010, 08:36 PM
fibigrey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to fibigrey
definitly use it! the 3 or the 7 day, the 7 day would be considered the "safest" since it has the lowest dose..

I've even used diflucan 2 or 3 times in this pregnancy, and a 3 day vaginal cream treatment too (I am allergic to monistat, but something similiar)

Remember your doctor wouldn't tell you to do something thats going to hurt you, and nurses HAVE to check with physicians before telling you to use something--its the law.

It's perfectly fine, and a yeast infection can and will get harder and harder to get rid of if you dont clear it up soon.

Good luck!
January 20th, 2010, 08:49 PM
lilflower
If you have had any problems with your cervix do NOT use it. I can't quite remember if you have had PTL already or if I'm thinking about someone else (sorry)...but any cervical changes means it isn't safe to use because it will get into the uterus.
January 21st, 2010, 04:26 AM
Amanda C's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It's safe to use but if it doesn't work for you call your doc back. My OB gave me a prescription cream called Terazol that works much better.

January 21st, 2010, 04:28 AM
Kittynoah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've used it. I definitely used the 7 day dosage because it is less irritating and a lower dose. I think there are risks if you don't treat it.

January 21st, 2010, 05:50 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Even if it's safe, I think I would have my doctor check it out just to be sure it is a yeast infection and you get the right treatment. I tend to play everything pretty safe when pregnant.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search