US Gender mistakes

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 21st, 2010, 03:57 PM
fibigrey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to fibigrey
Does anyone know anyone PERSONALLY who had a baby COMPLETELY the opposite sex than they were expecting?

I know it doesn't happen as often anymore, because technology has gotten so much better, and usually, the techs wont tell you unless they are pretty darn certain..

I know with DS I was worried about it, maybe a LITTLE, and I only had one Ultrasound with him.. It took a long time to get his gender, and the first time he told me was "I think.." and then after a few more minutes it was "Its a boy."

Maybe its because I subconciously, secretely really wanted a girl this time around...All the cute, pink, girly stuff trips me out lol.. I think about washing everything and having it all ready for when she comes home, and then I think "omg what if I bring a boy home?!"

We have had 2 gender confirmations that it is a girl, so I guess I should be confident, I also felt that it was a girl before I even found out (plus pregnancy symptoms are SO Different compared to when I had DS) I knew DS was a boy too... Weird intuition, I think..

So, I know it doesn't happen much anymore, but how many of you out there still kindof worry about it? lol And do you guys KNOW anyone who has had that very, very big suprise when baby was born?
January 21st, 2010, 04:14 PM
becker206's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My DH's aunt was told she was having a boy and it ended up being a girl. That was 8 or 9 years ago. But that is the only one I have ever heard of.

January 21st, 2010, 04:56 PM
sarah*'s Avatar Loving My Piglets
My cousin was told she was having a boy and bought loads of blue stuff and had a girl.

A friend was told she was having a girl and out popped a boy

A lady i know her daughter was told she was having a boy and she came out a girl

i worry about it alot!!! we have two daughters and this time was told we are having a boy and even though i saw his bits i keep doubting myself like "did i really see them...?" i keep bugging DH saying "are you sure you saw everything?" lol DH swears 100% that he saw the bits but im still so paranoid thinking this baby is going to pop out a girl!! I wouldn't mind but i am used to the idea of having a boy now and we have all boys clothes bought lol

Sarah (27) married to Stuart (31)
together for 10.5 years married for 4.5 years.
mummy too....
Ryleigh (8yrs - April 24th 2006)
Rhianna (7yrs - June 7th 2007)
Lacey (6yrs - June 5th 2008)
Lucas (4yrs - April 26th 2010)
Connor (1yrs - February 15th 2013)

January 21st, 2010, 05:01 PM
jen*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't know anyone who had that happen and I personally have no fears about gender. I really do think this baby is a boy, as the u/s showed. I have a friend who is due in April and is worried b/c early in the u/s the tech said that the cord was between the baby's legs and then later she said it was a boy, so my friend thinking it might be wrong... only time with tell!
January 21st, 2010, 05:38 PM
Max n Meghan's Mom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I worry about it sometimes. With Max I had four u/s through out the pregnancy, three of which showed gender. This time I've only had one that showed gender and I doubt I'll be having another. I don't think I'd worry so much if we were having a boy but girl u/s are so different. However, I did see those three lines and even have the picture to remind myself.

Check out Gender Selection Guide That's all they talk about is gender, gender mistakes and gender disappointment. They also have a section to post your u/s picture for people to make guesses.

Thank you for my beautiful siggy, *Kiliki*!Visit My Blog

January 21st, 2010, 05:45 PM
..Penelope..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have two 3D pictures of the proof that my baby is a boy (even though I could have cared less about getting them, and they will never be shown to anyone), so I'm not worried

I don't personally know anyone who had that happen.

Missing our angel baby since Feb 7, 2009

Visit
BeaMade for unique, adorable, high quality handmade crochet hats and booties, velcro free soother clips and soft sole baby boots.
January 21st, 2010, 07:06 PM
Amanda C's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I know someone who was told she was having a girl only to end up with a boy.

The tech that did my U/S yesterday said that a boys scrotal sack looks very similar to a girls vagina so she said unless you see the 3 lines or the pee pee sticking out you really can't be certain. She showed me what she was she was talking about and she's right they do look similar.

January 21st, 2010, 07:11 PM
palmetto_moon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The only instance I personally KNOW of is my Dad. He and his wife were told boy at 3 different ultrasounds and they had a girl. BUT...they lived in Russia, the tech was using a prehistoric u/s machine and this was 9 years ago.

However...
My sis is labor and delivery nurse and she was in a delivery about a month or two ago where the couple already had 3 or 4 boys and were expecting a girl this time. She said the ENTIRE labor they kept telling her how excited they were to be having a girl this time, how much they had shopped, and the name they had picked. Baby ran into some problems during labor and the mom had to be taken back for an emergency section. They had to put her under general anesthesia so she was completely asleep. My sister (Ashley) said she almost peed her pants when they pulled the baby out- it was a boy... My sis got the honor of going out to the hallway to tell the Dad that both wife and baby were just fine...but.....
But Ashley said that's really the only time she's seen it happen in 2 years of working L&D. She's had some where they were less certain and it was different from what they thought, but that was the only one where the tech had been "sure" and it was wrong.

Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!

visit our family blog at www.stalkedbythestork.com
January 21st, 2010, 07:32 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I havent known anyone that it personally happened to.

I've had 2 u/s that showed girl. I'm going to have another one in a few weeks to confirm once again lol.
January 21st, 2010, 10:01 PM
krissy1989's Avatar is loving her two boys!
I've definitely been worrying about it subconsciously, because I've had two (terrible) dreams so far where we found out we were having a girl instead of a boy, and felt totally unprepared for her.

But, in reality, I feel pretty certain that he's a he. Not only did we get a very good view of his boy parts (even got a side-view picture showing his scrotum and everything), I had a VERY strong boy-feeling pretty much the day I got my BFP.

I'll get another confirmation at our 3D/4D u/s in a couple weeks, so I feel better knowing that.

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!
January 21st, 2010, 10:48 PM
Veteran
The only person i know of is my great friend (who i have known all my life) she had a sexing ultra sound and was told a definate boy (7 years ago) she had brought everything for a boy and baby came out a girl lol, we all had to rally around getting girls bits and bobs and taking back the things with tags etc on still (was fun tho, she was in a happy state of shock for weeks)

ALL MY LIL GIRLIES TOGETHER...MUMMY LOVES YOU ALL BABIES
ALL MY FAMILY..LOVE YOU ALL
January 22nd, 2010, 05:10 AM
Meganpixel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I worry about this also...even though I have never known someone to have this happen to. I have had one gender US and she said she wouldn't tell me if she wasn't positive that it was a girl....

I hope shes a girl on delivery day or else we will be in big trouble as we are planning for a girl.
January 22nd, 2010, 06:23 AM
JaxonsMom2010's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My stepbrother and his wife were told they were having a girl. They went out and bought a bunch of pink. Planned the baby shower for a girl, sent out invites stating it was a girl. They had a baby boy.

January 22nd, 2010, 07:11 AM
Regular
My good friend was told twice she was having a girl. Painted her name on the wall and had taken the tags off of everything. Then they had a boy. That's the only story I know of personally...but it was enough to scare me. Haha.

January 22nd, 2010, 07:14 AM
J-V221's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't know anyone with in the last few years. My BFF from highschool was said to be a boy and came girl, but heck that was 24 years ago!

Everything we own is gender neutral since we are waiting on our little suprise. One less thing for us to worry about
January 22nd, 2010, 07:38 AM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I get nervous about this sometimes, even though my doctor said she was SURE! I saw the penis on the u/s but i never saw where there are 2 legs and the "goods" in between if that makes sense. Hmmm....

January 22nd, 2010, 07:46 AM
Shantastic27's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I definitely worry about this! Especially since we started her room! The u/s tech was pretty sure, and she showed us the 3 lines and told us we could "go out and shop for pink" so that makes me feel a little bit better I guess, but still....it would be fine if we ended up with a boy, it would just make life a little extra stressful with the room prepared, clothes purchased, etc. So yes, I have a minor panic attack thinking about it every now and again!

However, I don't know anyone who had this happen. (That's part of the reason why I think I'll be the first, haha!)

January 22nd, 2010, 08:00 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I also don't know anyone that this has happened to, but I do know twins and their mama was expecting a singleton, but out came TWO girls! OMG could you imagine??!! That was quite some time ago though...

Last edited by LoveMyGuys; January 22nd, 2010 at 08:02 AM.
January 22nd, 2010, 08:03 AM
palmetto_moon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would just laugh if our baby popped out a boy! It wouldn't be the end of the world. I'd just return what I could and what i couldn't I'd try to sell on my own or save some for baby gifts for friends. What can you do? It would be fairly humerous!

Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!

visit our family blog at www.stalkedbythestork.com
January 22nd, 2010, 08:31 AM
CuteName's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hubbie wanted a boy sooo badly that everyone would be thrilled if this girl turned out to be a boy.

I wouldn't return his/her girly stuff though...lol. I'm already hooked on all things pink!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search