BRU Return Policy?

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 23rd, 2010, 07:18 AM
ChrissySTL's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm just wondering incase I get double of anything at my shower, or I get something and then decide I don't need it and would rather return/exchange it for something else. I'm assuming if the person who buys the gift actually purchases it through the registry it wouldn't be a problem but I am envisioning lots of people who forget to do that, don't buy off the registry, or don't give me a receipt....I think most won't. I hope this doesn't sound bratty, I don't mean it that way, it's just that at my friends shower a couple months ago I remember her gettin so many things that weren't on her registry. She ended up returning the swing and playmat that she got for the ones she actually wanted. I have no problem getting surprises, but I know with certain items I will want what I chose, ya know?

Thank you MeganPixel for surprising me with this super cute siggy-you rock!

January 23rd, 2010, 07:27 AM
fibigrey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to fibigrey
If walmart sells something, you can take it back without a reciept.. Whether it was actually bought there or not.. Target, Kmart, and other places are probably the same way... As long as its new, in good condition, and tags are on it.. (i've even returned items to walmart when I already took the tags off, I just put the tags in the bag with it)

Its not bratty at all.. I have my heart set on certain things too
January 23rd, 2010, 08:29 AM
Racine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I returned something to BRU that was technically on my registry but hadn't been purchased off of it, I didn't have a receipt but they looked up the date of my registry and it just had to be within 90 days or something. I got a store credit. Most people I think are pretty good about giving gift receipts, though.

Thank you, Meganpixel, for my awesome siggy!

January 23rd, 2010, 11:24 AM
Max n Meghan's Mom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
For the record, Target's return policy is with a receipt or under $20. The registry (if the person used it) can act as a receipt. Otherwise you can only return without a receipt if the item is under $20 with a DL, twice a year. I've known a lot of people who don't register there for that reason.

Thank you for my beautiful siggy, *Kiliki*!Visit My Blog

January 23rd, 2010, 12:57 PM
Kittynoah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If you don't get a reciept, and it isn't on your registry - couldn't you add it to your registry online and then go to return it? You can manage your registry at home so you can even put that it was purchased. I think it has to be within 90 days with receipt...

Target is terrible about returns. You HAVE to have a receipt unless it is under 20 dollars and even then, you only get two non-receipt returns a year. That is why I did BRU and Walmart...

But I don't think it is bratty - you know what you need and prefer for the baby. If it is something you like and not on your registry, you keep it. If not, return it for something you really need and want.

January 23rd, 2010, 08:00 PM
ChrissySTL's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Laura, Good thinking with just adding the item to your registry...I will use this! Yeah, I too didn't register at Target b/c of their return policy as well as things getting rotated in and out a lot. Honestly, there wasn't anything I couldn't find at BRU that I didn't buy on my own (crib and bedding).

Thank you MeganPixel for surprising me with this super cute siggy-you rock!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search