So what about baby bottles?

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 23rd, 2010, 12:55 PM
Amanda C's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I still haven't decided if I want to breast or bottle feed so I think I should buy some bottles just in case but I can't decide which brand. With dd I used Avent but they leaked quiet a lot.

What are you ladies looking at?

January 23rd, 2010, 01:02 PM
Kittynoah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am going to breast feed - but got some Born Free bottles for when I pump. I have heard they really reduce gassiness...but I htink it is just what your baby prefers!

January 23rd, 2010, 01:24 PM
homeschooling mom of 2
Going with born free myself, glass for at home and a couple bpa plastic for when we're out and about. I know several mom's who use and love them.
January 23rd, 2010, 01:29 PM
Max n Meghan's Mom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'll be breastfeeding (as soon as there's no complications) but I like the Playtex bottles a lot. We used them from time to time with Max and I'll buy another pack to have for Meghan.

Thank you for my beautiful siggy, *Kiliki*!Visit My Blog

January 23rd, 2010, 01:43 PM
sarah*'s Avatar Loving My Piglets
I am hoping to breastfeed but have a few bottles in case i have tomee tipee

Sarah (27) married to Stuart (31)
together for 10.5 years married for 4.5 years.
mummy too....
Ryleigh (8yrs - April 24th 2006)
Rhianna (7yrs - June 7th 2007)
Lacey (6yrs - June 5th 2008)
Lucas (4yrs - April 26th 2010)
Connor (1yrs - February 15th 2013)

January 23rd, 2010, 02:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to SailorsWife
I am going to breastfeed, but also have to return to work, so I am going to be pumping and using bottles while she's with a sitter. I'm going with the BreastFlow bottles by First Years. The reviews are all fantastic on them and they're supposed to be great for reducing nipple confusion.

Forever Missing Our 4 Angel Babies... Forever Missed, Always Loved
January 23rd, 2010, 02:58 PM
AlexasMomma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to AlexasMomma
I am also using the breastflow by first years I am going to do both breast and bottle feed that way if for whatever reason I can leave her with whoever and if they run out of the breast milk I have pumped then they can use the formula but those are the ones im hoping to use lol considering im not sure if she will like them but I sure hope so

Thanks ashypoo03 for my gorgeous siggy!!

January 23rd, 2010, 03:19 PM
renee4152's Avatar Proud Mommy of 2!
i registered for both the Born Free bottles and the Playtex Vent-Aire bottles. i have heard good things about the Born Free so i figured i would try them, but i used the Vent-Aire with my daughter and i loved them. it was a few more parts to clean, but it definitely helped with the gas and i loved that they had an angled neck.
January 23rd, 2010, 03:33 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I love the Playtex Vent-Aire bottles. We used them for Miki and rarely had any gas problems. I also put the Medela breastfeeding giftset on my registry.
January 23rd, 2010, 06:30 PM
lilflower
I've heard great things about the Adiri, TommeeTipper, and Nubi bottles....I have 2 adiri's but they aren't in the house.
January 23rd, 2010, 07:34 PM
sandpaper06's Avatar Mom of 3 darlings
I actually love my Avent ones. Ususally if they leak, it's because you didn't twist it correctly. I had to use a breast shield with DS up until I tried the Avent bottles (at 4 months). Plus, I like that there aren't so many pieces to wash.
Caroline - November '12

January 23rd, 2010, 07:39 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We're going to use Playtex Vent-Aires

January 23rd, 2010, 08:17 PM
ChrissySTL's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I registered for Dr. Browns after 4 people recommended them to me....now I am reconsidering, sounds like there are some better options out there?!

Thank you MeganPixel for surprising me with this super cute siggy-you rock!

January 24th, 2010, 06:24 AM
~ Christine ~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
we used Dr. browns with Grant bc of his reflux and then used playtex dropins with Dean. I'd definitely go with the drop in next time!

Forever missing our angel 8.31.07

January 25th, 2010, 07:00 AM
CuteName's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I heard the snuggie bottles were good. Has anyone tried them? I registered for some of those and some of the Playtex Vent-Air bottles. Bottles have changed sooo much that I don't know what to pick!
January 25th, 2010, 09:52 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm using the playtex drop ins! I LOVE them! Soo convenient! I do plan on breast feeding but I will have to go back to work so I will have to pump then so I actually bought the Playtex pump that I can pump directly into the playtex drop in and freeze it in the drop in and then defrost and feed from the same drop in! Pouring milk from one bottle to the next I used these with DD too and always just loved them!

Thank you MeganPixel for this Awesome Siggie!
Serenity Cadence: 3/28/06
Scarlett Leighton: 4/7/10
Lap Band Surgery 11/16/10
January 25th, 2010, 10:01 AM
*Ashley*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We used only the Playtex Vent Air soley for Camille. They really helped with her reflux. We used them in the first few months for Addison because of her reflux but then used the plain Gerber ones after that. That was when the whole BPA thing was happening and the Playtex Vent Air weren't BPA free (that I could tell) at that time and the Gerber ones were some of the few that were and that weren't too expensive. Now I think pretty much all bottles are BPA free. I saw some glass Munchkin bottles with rubber grippers at Target the other day. I am thinking I might get a couple to try. We went through every baby bottle under the sun with Camille so we have pretty much tried them all.

Thank you Katarina for my fabulous siggy!

January 25th, 2010, 10:10 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
We used the Avent bottles for Lily and I never had any problems. The few leaks we had were user error, so we just put the lid back on again and it was fine. My Avent bottles aren't BPA free though. DH picked up a few Medela bottles to go with my breast pump so we'll probably use those some. I plan to breastfeed most of the time anyway. My sister swore by the Dr. Brown's bottles, but at the time I was working and didn't feel like washing the extra parts in that bottle.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search