Still dont have a name!!!

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 23rd, 2010, 08:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
So now that it seems like time is flying I'm starting to get a little nervous about a name for our little girl. Originally we both had a name we liked and we just figured we'd wait and see what she came out looking like...haha. DH really liked Victoria Rose and I like Ava Rose. DH told me a couple of weeks ago that Ava is starting to grow on him and I still like them both too but I feel like maybe we should look at a few more. Anyone else still not have a definite name?
January 23rd, 2010, 08:23 PM
palmetto_moon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sort of. We think we are going with Hailey and we often call her that but we aren't 100% sure. I think its just because I hate to make a final call. I am always thinking of what else is out there that I might like better. So probably we will go with Hailey but now Elizabeth, Cecilia, Amelia, or Olivia are also contenders. If we go with one of the other choices, then Hailey will be the middle name. We will probably just have to wait for her to get here and then decide when we see her. OR maybe we'll narrow it down to two and let our kids vote! We'll see.
Don't get too nervous though. With a couple of our daughters we watied to see them first and it worked out fine. There is no rush to have a name before birth!
By the way, both of your choices are beautiful. I don't really think you can go wrong eiter way!

Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!

visit our family blog at www.stalkedbythestork.com
January 23rd, 2010, 09:25 PM
SerendipitysChild's Avatar Super Mommy
Don't feel bad!! With DD I left Swedish Hospital still wondering if I had given her the right name and we hadn't chosen it till just before she came! Maybe go to the hospital with both names and see which one suits her!

Thank You Jaidynsmum for my fabulous fall siggy!
January 23rd, 2010, 10:35 PM
ChrissySTL's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think waiting to name her until you see her is a great idea! If we had 2 names we really liked that is definitely what we would do!

Thank you MeganPixel for surprising me with this super cute siggy-you rock!

January 24th, 2010, 01:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We don't have a name yet either. I think we are getting closer but we don't even have a selection to pick from. We are still at the stage where each of us blurts out a random name LOL!

I'm sure that we will all have the perfect name by the time our LO's get here.

[/COLOR]Nathan(6), Reagan(6), Riley(5), Kaycee(3)

Our Blog

January 24th, 2010, 10:12 AM
Jannell's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh I am right there with you. DH and I both really like Isabella but it is getting so popular and I don't know how I feel about that. But an other name has yet to get our attention. I am worried we are tuning out other names but I don't know if I like the idea of having three Isabellas in her classroom.
January 24th, 2010, 10:17 AM
CanadianLou's Avatar Laura - mom of 3
We have out name list down to 4. But the middle name(s) are getting me too. But I also feel like Angela, what if something better comes up. But I have looked and looked and looked, and my 4 favs right now are:
Abigail (Abbie)
Alivia (Livi, Liv)
Marley/Marlee
Sydney

So hard.

Thank you Meganpixel for the most fantastic siggy!

January 24th, 2010, 10:38 AM
Amanda C's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We don't have one either. I really wish we did!

January 24th, 2010, 11:13 AM
fibigrey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to fibigrey
you still have plenty of time Having a good list is whats important, because at least you have SOMETHING.. we chose our name, but now i'm second guessing it.. Name picking is the fun part of pregnancy (well aside from the excitement and movements lol) My neighbor is due in 1 week, and her and her DH JUST picked a name about 2 weeks ago! Talk about cutting it close because they didn't even really have a list lol
January 24th, 2010, 07:44 PM
becker206's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Us! We are thinking maybe Ethan, but not totally sure.

January 24th, 2010, 09:25 PM
DondraB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We have a first name...but no middle name to go with it!

A girl in my playroom had a name picked out for her son...and changed it at birth....then he didn't have one for a while...then they finally decided on one...then changed it..or something like that...it was a little strange to most of us but they thought none of the names they picked out fit him. I for one have to have my name picked out beforehand so I can start calling her by name so it grows on me....but it takes me a while to decide...and I ask DH everyday if he still likes the name we picked...because it is a big decision!

January 24th, 2010, 11:30 PM
ericacencinas's Avatar Veteran
GOSH BEFORE I EVEN READ YOUR POST I CAME UP WITH A NAME AND IT TURNS OUT THE MIDDLE NAME I HAD IN MIND WAS ROSE WICKED ANY WAY

JADACY ROSE
KAYLANI ABRIANA
KATHERINE ROSE
JAYANI LILLIAM
ALLISANDRA ROSE
ALLISANDRA RAYNE
SOPHIA MONIQUE
SARIANA RENEE
I HOPE I HELPED
January 25th, 2010, 07:57 AM
Super Mommy
I think we *just* finally came up with a name the other day. I've been so stressed out about it. I know it's no big deal to wait until birth, but I never had in the past--always knew my babies' names shortly after finding out the sex--so this was a new one for me.

We aren't 100% positive, but I would say 98%. LOL

And it did finally just come to me and hubby agreed.

Good luck!

Rachel, Proud Work-at-home Mommy to:
Karrissa 17, Amara 11, Makenna 9.5
Noah 5, Nash 3 & Grey born 3/31/10

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search