arr! Just like the pirates say

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 23rd, 2010, 10:12 PM
sandpaper06's Avatar Mom of 3 darlings
I ended up in L&D last night. I had taken my terb. at 10 and started counting contractions at 11. By 1 I'd had 17 of them and the last bunch had been about 4 minutes apart. Obviously I called my OB, who said to go to L&D and get there quickly.

The problem is that DS was asleep and needed to stay asleep. DH's dad and sister were in town staying at another sister's house about 3 miles from ours. So, he insists on calling them before I call my sister (also about 3 miles from us). Neither of them wake up to their cell phones ringing, so I get on the phone. My sister is at our house in less than 10 minutes from when I called her, ready to just sleep at our house.

I get to L&D and they do the fFn test and it comes back negative (THANK HEAVENS!!!!) and they send us home at 5 am. I'm supposed to be doing everything exactly the same way as I did before, but that didn't seem to really be helping matters much. I mean, BH contractions aren't the end of the world, but if I'm on medicine to make them stop, you'd think that my doc would want to up my dose or increase my bedrest or something to make me have less of them!!

Anyway, this morning at 7 FIL calls both our cell phones and our home phone trying to figure out what happened. We ignore this 100% because DS is still sleeping and any conversation would have woken him up. (Plus, who the H* calls at 7 when you see someone called at 1. We need our *****' sleep!) Around 9:30 DS wakes up and needs more attention than just a bottle and some toys on our bed. So DH calls FIL and sees if he can come over to help watch DS since we are exhausted and need more sleep. The Man says yes, and then takes freaking 45 minutes to come over (3 miles away, remember?)

Then today while we were feeding him lunch, he has the *****' gall to say that it is a good thing we didn't wake him up at 2 because he wouldn't have come over that early. This is from a man who prentends to the entire world that he is the most generous and caring person ever (spends hundreds of dollars a month buying Netflix and computers or whatever for his jobless friends)...but isn't willing to watch his grandson while his son and DIL *might* have had a baby 11 weeks early? It totally pisses me off.

PLUS, he came back over tonight to watch a basketball game with DH (which is another story). DH came up at 8:45 saying that they would stay another 5-10 minutes and then take his dad home. It's now freakin' 10:10 and they are *just* about to go! I'm tired and I want my husband and I want this man, who irritates me to the inner core when I'm not exhausted and terrified and pregnant, to get the *** out of my house and NEVER, ever, come back.

That's all.
Caroline - November '12

January 23rd, 2010, 11:06 PM
SerendipitysChild's Avatar Super Mommy
Oh hun!!! What a mess!!! I am glad that you got to come home from L&D but so sorry that you've had such a lousy day!!! Sending hugs!!!

Thank You Jaidynsmum for my fabulous fall siggy!
January 24th, 2010, 07:36 AM
~ Christine ~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh hun! I'm so sorry about the contractions! I hope they don't start up again.

I'm so sorry about FIL. That's the last thing you need to be dealing with now!

Forever missing our angel 8.31.07

January 24th, 2010, 08:25 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Wow sorry about the contractions and about FIL being a PITA!!! Hopefully you wont have to got thru this again. Thank Goodness for your sister!
January 24th, 2010, 10:17 AM
..Penelope..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry you had such a crappy day/night I hope the contractions stay away, and you feel better soon!

Missing our angel baby since Feb 7, 2009

Visit
BeaMade for unique, adorable, high quality handmade crochet hats and booties, velcro free soother clips and soft sole baby boots.
January 25th, 2010, 10:26 AM
*Ashley*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What a crappy day! Sorry your FIL is like that. Hope you don't have anymore trips to L&D until the baby gets here though.

Thank you Katarina for my fabulous siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search