Ugh! I am so sick of my skin I could just scream!!!!

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 24th, 2010, 12:14 AM
ChrissySTL's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Let me just start by saying I don't have perfect skin by any means, but I don't think I have bad skin. Pre-preggo I could skip washing my face at night and no harm done. I would get a random zit every now and then but that is about it. Ok well that is not the case anymore! Since I have been pregnant my skin has been terrible! It seems to go through stages, a couple good weeks, and then all hell breaks lose! I've been getting zits around on mychin/neck line towards the side of my face and on my hair line like crazy! I wash my face twice a day and have even been trying to not put on moisturizer b/c I am afraid that is contributing to it...it's really hard though because if I don't put on moisturizer my skin feels like it is going to crack! My husband even commented on it today when we were out shopping. I typically just wear a little powder and concealer but today I didn't have it on and he was like, geez you are really breaking out. I'm like thanks a lot for noticing! He was like well it's going to go away after the baby, you could have a lot worse to complain about! I am just sooooo annoyed with it!! I look in the mirror at night after washing my face and I am so disgusted! The worst part is there is hardly anything we can use that is worth a darn. My doc. said nothing with salicylic acid or other acne medications! Do any of you have a good face wash that is safe to use during pregnancy that heps with breakouts?! I am in need of some serious help!

Thank you MeganPixel for surprising me with this super cute siggy-you rock!

January 24th, 2010, 02:11 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Sorry I don't have any idea about what you could try.

My skin actually seems to get better with pregnancy...then I suppose will get worse again once the baby is born.

Very frustrating for you.

Thanks to Meganpixel for my beautiful siggie!
January 24th, 2010, 05:51 AM
onelove1109's Avatar Super Mommy
I was just complaining about this same thing last night. MY skin has been horrible since the day I got my BFP! It is mainly my cheeks though...sometimes I have this weird rosesa lookin thing goin on with them. Notttt very attractive. I think its a bit of "pregnancy glow" overload. I have been using Queen Helen all natural face wash. It seems to help with zits..but you def have to use moisturizer or your face will be super dry. Hugs! Remember its all worth it and we will be normal again soon lol!!

Thanks so much Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy!

January 24th, 2010, 07:30 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Sorry I'm of no help. My skin had gotten so dry and I too have occasional breakouts. I just try to stay hydrated and lotioned up.
January 24th, 2010, 07:54 AM
homeschooling mom of 2
I'm not overly helpful either, I still use my salicylic acid facial washes just not the leave on treatments. I did the same with my first pregnancy... any studies done from my understanding have been with ORAL not topical and being that its on my face for all of about 20 seconds while I lather up and rinse I'm not to worried. If I break out at all I really like the queen helene mint mud mask and I use Olay 7x morning and night (the one w/o spf for pregnancy, for some reason the spf one breaks me out more)
January 24th, 2010, 08:05 AM
Amanda C's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My OB okayed Proactive. I use that and a good moisturizer. You also need to use a good scrub twice a week.

January 24th, 2010, 08:08 AM
fibigrey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to fibigrey
I feel your pain.. I have worse skin now than I ever did as a teenager.. I usually got a breakout, a few zits before my period, but now its like my period everyday.. I even woke up with one on my cheek this morning.. Man, I never get them on my cheek Usually only in my t-zone.

I cant use anything BUT sacilyc acid pregnant or not, because I am allergic to benzoyl peroxide (the biggest acne medication, thats what they use in proactive).. I have found that exfoliating clensing cloths work well, and gets rid of dryness..I buy the cheap ones at walmart, and then I usually use a spot treatment of salcylic acid, because astringent makes my face oily for some reason, so I don't treat my whole face..

good luck, it'll get better.
January 24th, 2010, 08:54 AM
Sounds like a lot of you are using salicylic acid still.....it is making me want to...my OB is probably just super anal! I want to try the Queen Helen's stuff, I have not heard of that before. Also, I may try a different moisturizer b.c right now I use Aveeno but it has spf in it and I am wondering if that is making things worse. Also, I need to start doing a scrub a couple times a week. Thanks for the advice!

January 24th, 2010, 08:59 AM
By the way where can I buy that Queen Helene stuff? Walgreens?

January 24th, 2010, 09:40 AM
emmabear's Avatar Super Mommy
i have been using neutrogena extra gentle cleanser twice a day, then putting on a layer of proactiv repair lotion, then oil of olay night moisturizer. i don't use the proactiv every day but just when i feel like i need it and it seems to keep things at bay. also, once a week or so, i mix the proactiv grainy facewash into my cleanser just to exfoliate and it seems to work well.
good luck, i know, it sucks.

Emily

www.themodernmommy.com
January 24th, 2010, 10:34 AM
fibigrey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to fibigrey
oh, if you really dont want to use sacilyc acid because of what your doctor has said, you could exfoliate with a cleansing cloth, or other cleanser, and use rubbing alcohol as a spot treatment.. DONT use it all over (obviously) lol because it will dry your skin out...but it'll dry the current zits out, which will get rid of them quicker, which is what sacliyc acid spot treatments do.
January 24th, 2010, 12:27 PM
homeschooling mom of 2
The queen helene stuff should be at most major stores, google the mint mud mask so you know what it looks like... you can also get it at numerous places online like drugstore.com iherb.com (a favorite of mine for vitamins, natural things, and hylands products), etc. If you have a Sally Beauty Supply near you they likely have it too. It's cheap too.
January 24th, 2010, 12:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My skin actually hasn't been too bad (knock on wood) but it has been kind of dry. I use clinique moisturizer, just because I have been forever and that seems to work pretty well keeping my skin hydrated. I also just started using Burts Bees facial scrub and I LOVE it!! My MIL told me about their skin line and I"m thinking about trying out some other stuff too. I had no idea that using salysilic (sp) acid was bad so I've just been using what I normally do. Good luck!
January 24th, 2010, 01:03 PM
becker206's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have been using the Clarisonic brush and it is amazing. I have had no breakouts since using it!

January 25th, 2010, 08:15 AM
Kittynoah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have had horrible acne since getting my BFP!! I use a generic proactive and if it gets really bad - I use PanOxyl soap which is 10% Benzoyl Peroxide. it works but is super drying. I always use moisturizer...the nuetrogena one with spf. Both morning and night. Oh - since winter I have switched to cetaphil face wash at night (it is more gentle) and then a new OLAY wash in the morning. I found I had to try several things to see which one worked.

January 25th, 2010, 09:17 AM
~Claudia~'s Avatar mommy to Nico & Seba
I have no problems in my face... my butt cheeks is another story they look like a mined landfill... sigh!
January 25th, 2010, 10:14 AM
*Ashley*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My skin has been the same way! Not pregnant, I have very sensitive skin and can't use a lot of acne products anyway. My face is ten time worse. Mainly around my mouth and jaw line. I try not to use anything with salicylic acid but once in a while I use the Apricot Acne scrub by St Ives. Normally I use Clinique but I am trying to stay away from acne products while pregnant. Nothing has helped. Remembering back to DD#2, nothing helped then either. Good Luck!

Thank you Katarina for my fabulous siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search