BTDT Moms--- What were your cravings with previous pregnancies?

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 26th, 2010, 02:59 PM
lexicon's Avatar formerly SarahRenee
Just for fun.... let's share some of those strange/funny things we craved during our other pregnancies!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my siggy!
January 26th, 2010, 03:06 PM
Justjessie's Avatar Really Just Angela
With my daughter, I craved slurpees.

She ended up being born and weighing in at 7 lbs 11 oz. Get it? 7-11!!!

With my son I craved bomb pops and honey mustard from Outback Steakhouse.
January 26th, 2010, 03:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
When I was pregnant with Jadon, all I wanted was sour stuff like lemons and sour candy.
January 26th, 2010, 03:13 PM
mater bibit
With my firstborn I wanted whoppers all the time (my digestive system paid for the daily intake). With my second I craved italian ice (it was summer). I don't recall anything with my 3rd.
January 26th, 2010, 03:26 PM
Baby4Four's Avatar Veteran
With my first I wanted peas all the time. I literally ate them throughout my whole pregnancy. With my twins I wanted steamed mixed veggies (broccoli, carrots and cauliflower). I ate them literally every night for dinner for about 16 weeks. I don't know what my thing is with vegetables. I have never really had sweet cravings. This time I haven't really craved any vegetables, aside from a baked potato. So far I've craved Tuna salad, toasted bagel with cream cheese and the baked potato.
January 26th, 2010, 04:45 PM
*~Jen~*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
With Seth it was Thai food.

With Caleb it was cherry limeades and lemon berry slushes from Sonic.

January 26th, 2010, 05:00 PM
~Constance~
Nothing too weird. With ds I wanted the non-kosher combo of beef and milkshakes. It could be tacos, hamburgers, ruebens, roast beef, just so long as it was beef and a big ole milkshake with it. With dd I wanted fruit, coke and sweet tea. With this one I want fruit, beef and potatoes. So far anyway. I think the cravings get worse as the pregnancy progresses.
January 26th, 2010, 05:19 PM
pbcups10's Avatar Super Mommy
Wow it's interesting how so many craved sweet icy things. I too craved cherry icees with my first. I also craved avocados with him, especially in the form of guacamole. But not much else. I pretty much ate a normal diet with no aversions.

This time I am averse to any veggie and most forms of meat. All I want is cereal, tuna sandwiches, bagels, cheese, apples and grapes. Hope this passes soon so I can get back to eating my veggies!

January 26th, 2010, 05:21 PM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
With DD, it was fruit, fruit and more fruit. I couldn't get enough.

With this one, it's hard to tell yet, but right now, it's WATER! I can't seem to get enough!

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
January 26th, 2010, 05:56 PM
(Mayhem)'s Avatar ~!Theresa!~
Send a message via MSN to (Mayhem)
My my first DD I wanted popcorn and skittles mixed together! Since I gave birth from that pregnancy popcorn makes me gag!

My second DD it was beef all the time, except for tacos....tacos made me stomach turn.

January 26th, 2010, 06:55 PM
lexicon's Avatar formerly SarahRenee
With my DD all I wanted were egg rolls, hot peppers and SALSA with lime tortilla chips!! I literally ate hot peppers and salsa almost every single day. If we went out for dinner I always ordered the spiciest items on the menu (think buffalo chicken, curry chicken, etc) and I always PAID for it every single day with heartburn!!

I still have a thing for salsa this time around so far.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my siggy!
January 26th, 2010, 08:17 PM
blondie0907's Avatar Veteran
I wanted sour stuff with my son. I LOVED sour patch kids and popsicles!! Yummy!! I think it is still a bit early for this pregnancy yet.
January 27th, 2010, 07:28 AM
mothra's Avatar Martha
PINEAPPLES! that was my first craving with my son and the one that stuck around my whole pregnancy. i used to buy the cans of pineapple juice & guzzle them down. the night before i went into labor i'd bought a whole fresh pineapple and ate nearly all of it!!

also: cucumber sandwiches, fountain coke with ice, onion rings, starburst, and lots of other random things i can't think of right now.

January 27th, 2010, 07:34 AM
The Heather's Avatar Jedi Master of Piffleness
With my DD, I really didn't have any cravings. So far this time, I just have some aversions due to my m/s.

January 27th, 2010, 08:17 AM
emmiejack0810's Avatar MELANIE
DD - in the beginning it was Chocolate Shakes and then moved to red drinks - whether it was fruit punch, fruit juice and my favorite was either raspberry or strawberry lemondae...

So far with this Tadpole - nothing in particular - more italian stuff I guess - pasta and pizza...

Thank you BAM for this INCREDIBLE Siggy

January 27th, 2010, 10:23 AM
Larudy24's Avatar Veteran
With my son it was tomatoes, with an adversion to any kind of meat but chicken
With this pregnancy I have been craving streets of new york pizza, veggies, and sour stuff! still an adversion to meats
January 27th, 2010, 12:05 PM
those3fergusons's Avatar Regular
With Jaynie, I craved vegetables....any vegetables. I started liking Chinese food while pregnant with her. She loves chinese food now, and her favorite food is broccoli! Too funny!
January 27th, 2010, 01:10 PM
C&J's Mom's Avatar Stacy
I don't really remember a constant craving while I was pregnant with DS. It was more of phases. I went through a salad phase for awhile then a fruit phase. Oh and skittles!

This time so far it depends on the week! I would say I have more aversions than cravings so far.

Thank you Vicki... for my awesome siggy!
January 27th, 2010, 01:21 PM
*Amie*
With my son extra strong mints. They actually thought I had GD because of all the sugar in my urine.. told me to cut out the mints for a day and voila! I even cried when my mum wouldn't go out at midnight tog et me some. He was born 9lb 2oz

With pg #2... Mars bars and lucozade/fresh OJ.... ^i^

This time..... FOOD!! Of the sweet variety

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search