Graco Strollers

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 26th, 2010, 04:20 PM
ChrissySTL's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I registered for the Metrolite b.c I didn't want something extremely heavy/hard for me to get in and out of the car. Now I am second guessing myself. If I am going to switch now is the time before my showers start (I have one this weekend and one in 3 weeks).

I want the snugride car seat so I want a Graco stroller that it will latch onto. I would prefer if the carseat and stroller match eachother but it's not the most important thing.

Can any of you recommend one you have and like or have heard good things about? I get really overwhelmed in these situations because there are so many choices and I get nervous thinking am I picking the right one? I like to hear from people who actually know what they are talking about b.c they have used the product, not the salesman at the store!

Thank you MeganPixel for surprising me with this super cute siggy-you rock!

January 26th, 2010, 04:48 PM
Super Mommy
I have a Graco Literider travel system, including the snugride carseat. It's this one from Target. I only paid $99 total though with a good sale. While it's not the fanciest stroller, it is all I think we'll need. My sister has a $600 primo viaggio system and borrowed my graco to take to the mall when she was visiting and said it worked just fine. I don't need anything fancy. With ds my favorite stroller was our $15 umbrella stroller.
January 26th, 2010, 05:05 PM
homeschooling mom of 2
I just bought an over $300 Maclaren Techno XLR... I had a graco travel system with my first and hated it, granted that was 6yrs ago and I'm sure they've come a long way in terms of ease of moving, weight, etc but I bought my 1st born a maclaren triumph about 4 yrs ago when I had had it with the cheap umbrella ones we'd been using after I tossed the graco and LOVE it hence my choice to go with the techno for this baby, it comes with a bar that my new snugride will attach to and besides being the easiest strollers I've ever found to fold up and super light it also holds up to 70lbs I believe it is making it the ONLY stroller I'll ever need for Lily.. heck my almost 6yr old can comfortably ride in it if she gets tired.

I'd say it depends on how much you want to spend, exactly what features you're looking for, and the length of time you want to use the stroller. For me spending more on the one I got made the most sense.
January 26th, 2010, 05:09 PM
sweatshirtgirl's Avatar Super Mommy
I have the Graco Metrolite - purchased in 2003. We needed to replace the car seat part obviously, but I am NOT purchasing a new stroller for this baby. I liked the metrolite and it lasted thru 2 kids so far. It's very light, which is great and I think the newer ones even have MORE storage room underneath.

But I'm all about it being light b/c I have back problems! lol, so I didn't look at others really.

Visit my etsy store! http://www.etsy.com/shop/drurylanedesigns
January 26th, 2010, 06:30 PM
Amanda C's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have a Graco but I'm not sure what model my stroller is. I bought it in 2006. I love it! It's lightweight and really is easy to fold up with one hand.

January 26th, 2010, 09:47 PM
ChrissySTL's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweatshirtgirl View Post
I have the Graco Metrolite - purchased in 2003. We needed to replace the car seat part obviously, but I am NOT purchasing a new stroller for this baby. I liked the metrolite and it lasted thru 2 kids so far. It's very light, which is great and I think the newer ones even have MORE storage room underneath.

But I'm all about it being light b/c I have back problems! lol, so I didn't look at others really.
Yeah!! I am happy to hear someone has this one and is happy with it! I really wanted something light and this one had great reviews in the book baby bargains. I think I just start second guessing myself when I get bored! I am going to stick with it!

Thank you MeganPixel for surprising me with this super cute siggy-you rock!

January 27th, 2010, 06:09 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
My sister has the Metrolite and I think she really liked it. She's using it for her second baby right now. I have the Graco Passage travel system that includes the snugride carseat. Of course mine is one of the older ones that got recalled. I'd rather get the repair kit than get a new stroller because I really like my stroller. The new Passage travel system doesn't have the defective hinge that was recalled on the other models.
January 27th, 2010, 09:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am a bells and whistles/high end stroller person. I don't splurge on anything but strollers. I had a graco duo glider when my twins were born and I didn't like it. I bought a used Mountain Buggy on craigslist and from that moment on I was a stroller addict (I've had 7 strollers thus far LOL!). I think mountain buggies have the best push hands down, I used ours for everything the mall and outdoors.

[/COLOR]Nathan(6), Reagan(6), Riley(5), Kaycee(3)

Our Blog

Last edited by cnote; January 27th, 2010 at 09:15 AM.
January 27th, 2010, 09:48 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I have this one, granted i havent used it yet but i'm happy with the quality and the stroller opens and pushes really easily

Amazon.com: Graco Quattro Tour Sport Travel System, Boone: Baby

January 27th, 2010, 09:50 AM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I bought this one:

I did so much research on strollers beforehand and decided to go with a Chicco because i'd heard only positive things about it. I've heard a lot of people say they had positive experiences with Graco as well, but all the ones i tried in the store didn't seem as smooth and i just didn't like them as much. The Chicco is expensive but since this is only my first child i didn't feel bad since i'm sure i'll be getting lots of use from it. Plus i got it for 20% off. Of course i haven't actually "used" it yet but so far i really like it.

January 27th, 2010, 02:20 PM
sweatshirtgirl's Avatar Super Mommy
BTW, I was just at BRU the other day and was planning to buy one of the "frames" that you just stick the infant seat in - really meant for quick trips in places where you don't want to lug the infant seat around or get out the big stroller. I thought it would be great for my back since it's light. Then I saw the specs on it. It's 15 pounds. My Metrolite is only 18! So I didn't bother.

Visit my etsy store! http://www.etsy.com/shop/drurylanedesigns

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search