Should I worry? Severe back pain.

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 27th, 2010, 02:15 AM
krissy1989's Avatar is loving her two boys!
Don't get me wrong, my back has been hurting off and on (more on than off, lol) since the first tri, but for the past couple days, it's been waaaaaay worse. I'm up late because I'm in so much pain and couldn't stay in bed any longer.

I went to the gym two days ago, but I didn't actually DO anything, besides walk around the track for like 4 laps and wade in the pool. I tried to swim normally, but it made my stomach too uncomfortable so I just walked around in the water, doggy-paddled, and let the flow of the whirlpool take me around. lol. So WHAT made my back hurt this badly? I've also been getting a lot more cramps and pulling pains above my pubic line, and my BH are more uncomfortable. Do you think the two are related?

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!
January 27th, 2010, 05:11 AM
fibigrey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to fibigrey
I say it wouldn't hurt to talk to your doctor about it, especially if its really uncomfortable... I can usually tell the difference between contracts, cramps, and normal pregnant back pain.. when my back gets to bothering me, its annoying and achey, and feels like I need to rest it.

Def. wouldn't hurt to talk to the doc, especially if other things seem more aggitated as well.
January 27th, 2010, 05:39 AM
Amanda C's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It wouldn't hurt to call your OB and let them know.

January 27th, 2010, 05:53 AM
MichelleN's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
A TMI question for you. Could you be constipated? That can cause BH and some back pain.
January 27th, 2010, 07:31 AM
CuteName's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've read that once the baby moves into the proper position the head can add extra pressure onto your sciatic whatever it's called and can be really really unpleasant.

I'd call your doc just to make sure, and maybe have a talk with your belly and ask your little one to stop smooshing your nerves
January 27th, 2010, 09:02 AM
Thanks ladies. I'm currently waiting for a midwife to call me back. In response to Michelle's question, I actually just ended my constipation problem two days ago. lol. It's been relatively normal since then, but I know the sort of pain you're referring to, because I was having a lot of gas-like cramps. These don't feel like gas. They feel more like round ligament pains, but they're different...it's hard to explain. Like, these pains happen even when I'm just standing there, and my uterus tightens up sometimes when it happens (and other times I don't notice that), and it feels like something is tearing inside me. Maybe it is just RLP, but the contractions that sometimes accompany this pain bother me. Not to mention the back pain. I thought I was going into preterm labor yesterday. Probably not, though... I hate not knowing what to expect, with this being my first. I don't know what a contraction should feel like, in comparison to a BH, and I don't know if this back pain is normal.

And, to top everything off, I somehow injured my left shoulder, and it is KILLING me. Not even a hot shower helped. It sends sharp stabbing pains down my arm, and it was impossible to sleep on my left side because of it. I had to fall asleep on my right side, which made my stomach cramp more. Last night was so horrible.

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!
January 27th, 2010, 09:32 AM
sarah*'s Avatar Loving My Piglets
hope the midwife calls back quickly x

January 27th, 2010, 09:38 AM
Max n Meghan's Mom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ok..if I remember correctly you also did light arm weights, correct? Even with light weights, if you were using bad form it could cause the back and shoulder pain, especially since it's been so long.

Make sure to mention the gym and weights when they call you back.

KUP!

Thank you for my beautiful siggy, *Kiliki*!Visit My Blog

January 27th, 2010, 10:59 AM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry about the back pain! Hopefully your midwife calls you back soon and it's nothing to worry about. I understand what you mean by not knowing since this is your first. I feel like that all the time! KUP!

January 27th, 2010, 02:04 PM
You're right, Amy! I almost forgot about those. But that's because I only did like 15 reps with 12.5 lbs (it was a machine where you use both arms simultaneously to lift handles above your head). I used to do exercises like that all the time, so I know how to do them correctly (and I used to do like 40 lbs, lol). However, it HAS been a long time, so maybe 12.5 lbs was too much.

In any case, I had to call back since no one contacted me, and I found out that they're just waiting for my insurance to approve at a chiropractor. I'm really glad that they're sending me to a chiropractor, because I don't feel comfortable taking Flexeril, and my sciatica and back pains have been terrible from go. I'll be setting up my first appt tomorrow with them. I hope it helps!

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!
January 27th, 2010, 02:12 PM
dbarney's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hope your midwife calls back soon and can help you out.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search