Charizomai & kimmiejo

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 12th, 2010, 02:02 PM
Charizomai's Avatar Mommy to Three!
Awww! Happy Birthday Sydney!!!!!!!

Well, tonight our church is putting on a Parents Night Out,and so Dh and I are taking advantage of it and going to see the Movie "Valentines Day" and then go eat some dinner. He has to work this weekend and I was going to drive down to see my parents tomorrow but they've got a bunch of stuff to do...(its an hour and a half drive)....so No big plans, other than church on Sunday and then heading over to pick up some clothes for the baby. A friend of my husbands has a TON of 0-12 and 12-24 month stuff and its all Baby Gap, and Childrens Place and lots of other big brand names and so we are getting all of that.. I have no idea what all is included but just a TOn of stuff, they did they there were SEVERAL sleepers, recieving blankets and dresses and some crib sheets and changing table covers, etc...... So im suppose to go get it Sunday after church sometime. Is it bad that the baby that isnt here yet has a BETTER wardrobe than her momma? lol
We've already bought some cute dresses and sleepers from babies R Us and Target but this will basically have her set for the most part, for the first year or so..So thats great.

Oh, we did buy a Stroller/Carseat combo the other day, We bought the Baby Trend Travel System in Mojoto....its the flex-loc one...I LOVE It...
Its in a green and brown.. Baby Trend Travel System Stroller - Mojito - Baby Trend - Babies "R" Us

I happily Breastfed Alba for 5 1/2 months!!!!

Below is my weightloss ticker. This is not for the pregnancy weight to come off as it has pretty much all came off. The rest of it is just what I've been wanting to loose for a while now to get back to my healthier weight!

February 15th, 2010, 11:32 AM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
thanks! Sydney had a great bday and party! we just did a small party here at our house mostly family and few friends, I met a mom here on JM that has a daughter who is just a month older than Sydney, we have met up a few times and they live close by so they came and it was a lot of fun! we had houseguests most of the weekend so it has been crazy and today is "errand day" LOL I feel like I have been running around all day!

glad you were able to get out for Valentines day! and awesome about the clothes! the stroller is really nice too! I really need to start organizing and getting ready for this baby! I feel like I haven't done a thing yet!

In other news I am pretty sure we know what we are naming him (and it isn't even one of the names on my name poll LOL).....Evan Richard......DH has been telling everyone this is his name soooooo I think this is it! I am not making any official announcements yet though LOL
February 15th, 2010, 12:58 PM
Thats great about the name!!! Im so glad her birthday party went well. Thats so awesome!
Oh wow, we woke up at 4:30 this morning for Kalli's surgery to SNOW and ICE on the ground and roads. We had to drive very slow to get to the hospital for her Surgery, which was supposed to begin at 6:30 but didnt till around 7:45, finally aorund 9:15 or so, we were able to leave and get some breakfast!
its suppose to snow more tonight too, and I have my glucose test in the morning.

Oh my gosh, I have to take a few pictures but the clothes I was telling you about.. SO MUCH! Its mainly just 0-12 months with a few extras thrown in, including some crib sheets and changing table covers and TONS of shoes, that look as if they have NEVER been worn (Including some Nike's)..
Lots of Summer clothes for when she turns 1 and its all in GIRL colors (pinks mainly) and a few greens thrown in but all really girly and tons of hairbows..
There was SO MUCH stuff, that I left it sitting on the floor in about 30 piles, for my dh to help me put away. Some came with Hangers but goodness...There was at least 1000 peices. After looking through it all, my dh says that his friends must have spend at least $3-4000 on those clothes for their little girl...So we got them at a great deal. Plus, in their garage, they were getting all the rest of the stuff ready for a big "kids market" (sale here in town twice a year) and there was about a million things things hanging up and in baskets on the floor.. There is NO TELLING how much money they spend on their kids...for clothing.. I felt bad, I told dh..that the new baby now has more clothes and our other two have EVER had..LOL. so he said we'd have to go out and get them some more clothes now..LOL..

Ok enough about that. Ineed to start organizing, I can't beleive all the stuff im going to have to wash.

OH...Since its been so long, Ihave no idea,...ifim supposed to do this though, SHould I was she Swing covers and bouncy seat covers/stroller/carseat stuff..etc.... Most of its brand new, but the bouncy seat and swing were given to us, when it was only 6 months old because our friends baby never used it but about 3x...
I know Im supposed to wash all the clothes and stuff though.. Trying to figure out if Im going to go the "Dreft" route, or the ALL free and Clear...lol.

Below is my weightloss ticker. This is not for the pregnancy weight to come off as it has pretty much all came off. The rest of it is just what I've been wanting to loose for a while now to get back to my healthier weight!

February 15th, 2010, 05:11 PM
that is great about the clothes!! my friend and I are going to swap clothes, she has a 2yr old boy and I have a 2yr old girl, she is now having a girl and I am having a boy, and this is the last baby for both of us so it works out perfect!

as for the swing and bouncy covers I would wash them if they are used, can't hurt! I actually plan to wash ours since they have been in the attic for a while. If they are new I wouldn't, I never did with Sydney but I guess it wouldn't hurt to go ahead and do it? I am sort of lazy when it comes to laundry that is probably why I didn't LOL.....so it is snowing again, boo! not supposed to be a lot though. I hope not because I have to drive into the office in the morning for a meeting and traffic is bad enough without snow added in! wish me luck!
February 16th, 2010, 10:35 AM
O no! Be careful! We had ice again today on the roads and more snow, and my glucose test was today and the office wasnt going to open till 10 but no one knew, and my appt was at 8:15..I had already drank the drink so they let me on in for my blood draw, so that was good. Im anemic though but they gave me iron pills..not to bad.. im am so tired right now though.
Thats perfect about you and your friend. The clothhing swap is awsome!!!!!

February 16th, 2010, 11:51 AM
well I made it to the meeting and back ok, it snowed but wasn't really sticking to the ground, the roads were just wet so it wasn't bad. I am sick though, I think I have whatever Syd had last week, I am stuffy, low grade fever and just generally feeling yucky. I am working though since I was off yesterday I really wish I could lay down!! hopefully it is just a short lived virus.

again sorry about the anemia, that stinks but at least you know now and can take iron, iron makes me soooo constipated! I hate having to take it! good news that you passed the glucose test though, one less thing to worry about!! yay!!

Last edited by kimmiejo; February 16th, 2010 at 11:55 AM.
February 17th, 2010, 06:24 AM
Yeah.. wow, Im sorry that you are sick, Maybe when you get home you can get some good rest.. I finally slept last night, which was nice. I only woke up one time, I think. I usually either have a very restless sleep and wake up a gazillion times or jsut don't sleep well at all, and last night I finally slept. Im still a little tired though.
Im so wishing the warm weather would get here soon. This way the kids can go outside and play...Its just so cold they cant do that right now.. Ya know..
I hope you feel better soon........

February 17th, 2010, 06:57 AM
thanks! I still have a sore throat and don't feel great but it could be worse, hopefully it is gone by the weekend because we are going to start shopping for my new office furniture, I have to relocate my office to make room for baby and getting new furniture is the 1st step, woot!! I am looking for a nice computer armoire, something I can close up so I don't have to look at work stuff when I am not working. I think we may go to Ikea which is always an adventure LOL

as for sleep Sydney still doesn't sleep all night most nights, it is terrible! last night she only woke up once and went right back to sleep so that is a success, some nights are far worse! I really hope she turns a corner before the baby arrives, I can't imagine being up with 2 kiddos all night Hopefully this little guy likes to sleep as much as I do LOL

I am ready for warm weather too, just being able to go outside and play or go for a walk will be great! I think we are all getting cabin fever around here!
February 17th, 2010, 07:09 AM
Oh Ikea has some great stuff!!! The closest one to us, in in Atlanta, GA I believe..lol.. so its about 3-4 hours away from us..Unless there is one in Nashville somewhere which is a little over an hour from us. But I LOVE their commercials!!
I hope you find and excellent computer armoire, I love armoires... I like the rolltop desks too that you can lock. We have one at our church in the office where I work on Wednesday nights and its great.

I hope Syd starts sleepign through the night soon too. My kids are15 months apart and I was up sometimes with both of them at first too...

February 18th, 2010, 06:05 AM
wow 15months! they are close in age! are they really close or do they fight a lot? my niece and nephew are 14mo apart and they are soooo close, they are 5 and 4 now but they love doing stuff together and rarely fight, it amazes me LOL.

as for sleeping I keep telling myself she will turn a corner and start sleeping, it will all work out one way or another so I try to just go with it. Last night was another good sleeping night for her so just one day at a time!

I wish it was Friday! this week seems to be a slow one! I have a lot of work to do today and no motivation to do it!! blah thank goodness my cold seems to be getting better though!
February 19th, 2010, 05:10 AM
Its Friday...yay!! I have got to think of TWO desserts to cook/bake (well the kids are suppose to help me) for tomorrows Boy Scout 100th Anniversary/birthday celebration. I can't think of anything..Got any ideas.

Yes 15 months apart. They are very close but they still fight ALOT...Its like having twins....... lol
They are two school grades apart, because Kalli missed the cutoff for Kindgergarten by 4 weeks.. so she starts in August, and Jaden will go into 2nd grade, but they are VERY protective of each other as well.

Any plans for the weekend?

February 19th, 2010, 08:32 PM
I am not good in the cooking/baking department so no ideas from me, I always see things I want to try and never actually do it LOL good luck! and have fun!

we are going to shop for my desk tomorrow and I have to go grocery shopping and then Sunday my MIL, Sydney and I are going to the mall to shop for spring clothes for Syd, that is her bday gift to her. should be fun, shopping usually is LOL....Hope you have a great weekend!! I don't get as much computer time on the weekend so I may not be on much until Monday again!
February 20th, 2010, 10:05 AM
Have fun Shopping! I decided to make a 2 step fluffy chocolate cheesecake. It was easy, all you needed was bakers chocolate (melted) sugar and cream cheese!
then stir in whip cream into the rest of it and put it in the fridge for 3 hrs or more..so yummy. lets hope anyway.

have fun shoping with sydney.. I bet she'll have a great time.

February 22nd, 2010, 06:41 AM
hey there! how was your weekend?? pretty good here! I found my computer armoire at a second hand store, woot! it is an all oak computer armoire in perfect condition and I got it for $295!! awesome deal since that type retails for more than $1000! I also picked up a dresser for Evan's room at a this cool little vintage furniture place around the corner from me, it was only $45! it was an ugly color but I am going to paint it navy blue to match his bedding. great deals all around this weekend! we didn't end up spring shopping for Syd because MIL was sick but that's ok I didn't really feel like it anyway. Hopefully by next weekend I will be ready to move my office and then we can officially start on the nursery!

any plans this week? any appointments? I have a growth scan and ob appointment tomorrow, it's always nice to see the baby!
February 22nd, 2010, 08:35 AM
No appointments for me this week, but I have one on March 10..so I thnk its like 2 more weeks away then we go every two weeks... yay!

Awesome deal on the armoire!! Wow. that is just amazing!!!! Today, Kalli and I have to go mail off my sister in laws (baby shower) present. My dh got a great deal on some Baby Einstein DVD sets (its like 26 dvds) so I am sending her one of those.. He always finds such good deals on them.

So you are getting another ultrasound....That is so awesome....Our 4D is March 10......

February 22nd, 2010, 08:49 AM
yes I have to have u/s every 4 weeks for now, once I hit 32 weeks it will be more often. they just need to keep a close eye on his size since I have GD and because I am on meds for the diabetes they like to keep a close eye on fluid levels and placenta function. I can't believe that in just 6 weeks I will have to start twice weekly appointments for non stress tests! it is coming up fast!

I can't wait to see your 4d pics!! how fun!
February 23rd, 2010, 05:10 AM
I can't wait to see them either!!!! So many people are getting all these ultrasounds....and i've only gotten the typical two..this 4d one, we are paying for, because 4d isnt typically covered by insurance...but either way, I cant wait to see Alba again!

Today got here to quick. Im so tired and although I slept some, it wasnt a very restful sleep....Its like my mind wont turn off and I keep thinking of thinkgs I need to do or forgot to do..etc.
I hope you have a good day today!!!

February 23rd, 2010, 08:19 AM
^^thanks you too! I didn't sleep well either, Sydney was very restless last night and I hear every little sound she makes. I wish I could take a nap! and my eyes hurt, I don't know if it is allergies or what but they are watery and itchy and annoying! blah! Have a great day! my u/s is at 1:30 so I will update later this afternoon probably!
February 23rd, 2010, 11:42 AM
ooo. GOod Luck with your u/s.. Im sstill so tired. I havent drank any caffeine today but im seriously considering a cup of coffee.... I did manage to get the sheets off all our beds and in the washer..... and me and my daughter cleaned her room some..still trying to think of ways to make it better in there, but ideas are not comign to me yet..

I hope you have a great ultrasound, Cant wait to hear an update!

February 24th, 2010, 07:36 AM
good morning!! u/s went great aside from the fact that he has his head buried so low we could barely see his face, he is a snuggler LOL he always has his head snuggled in somewhere next u/s is March 23rd so maybe he will give us better shots that time! my computer armoire is being delivered today, woot! I can officially start moving my office and start on Evan's room! can't wait!

How are you? any plans for the rest of the week? we are supposed to get more snow, boo! sick of it LOL

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search