Charizomai & kimmiejo

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 18th, 2010, 01:04 PM
Charizomai's Avatar Mommy to Three!
Sh eis doing great! She doenst really cry much at all and she eats very good. She's up to about 40 minutes of BF'ing each time now. 20 on each side. My milk just came in a few hours ago so she's very content at the moment. She's a little jaundiced now, she started getting that way yesterday evening so we have to take her to the doc on Thursday, but leave her in front of the window in the natural sunlight some before hand.
So far, Im not sure who she looks like but she has HAIR, so im very happy......
Im sorry about your nst not going well..............Gosh i hope your' back contractions doesn tlead to back labor..... but im hoping you have him soon (*Well when you are ready)...

I happily Breastfed Alba for 5 1/2 months!!!!

Below is my weightloss ticker. This is not for the pregnancy weight to come off as it has pretty much all came off. The rest of it is just what I've been wanting to loose for a while now to get back to my healthier weight!

May 18th, 2010, 02:14 PM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
glad she is doing well! hopefully the jaundice clears up quickly! I am hoping for no back labor too, I have heard that is terrible!! after today I think I am more prepared for him, now I will know to be ready at any moment LOL
May 18th, 2010, 03:40 PM
Yes... I didnt think Id go into labor saturday at all..LOL. I was hoping but wasnt thinking I actually would.....
All these June babies are coming now!! Woohoo!!!!!

Below is my weightloss ticker. This is not for the pregnancy weight to come off as it has pretty much all came off. The rest of it is just what I've been wanting to loose for a while now to get back to my healthier weight!

May 19th, 2010, 04:39 AM
well I had a lot of contractions again last night but I finally fell asleep as they tapered off. I was woken up a couple times by a contraction but this morning they are mostly gone. guess I will just have to wait and see what the NST shows tomorrow and go from there!

Hope all is well with you guys! and that you had a good 1st night home!
May 19th, 2010, 07:52 AM
Last night was so nice being at home and in my own bed! Alba was up every couple of hours eating and my milk came in later yesterdat afternoon but all in all it was a nice night!!

May 19th, 2010, 08:57 AM
glad you had a good night home! I hope my little man is a content baby too! Sydney was a very high needs baby, got very stressful at times!!
May 19th, 2010, 10:34 AM
How are you feeling today! Sorry my last post was so quick. I didnt mean for it to be, but Alba was getting hungry and she acted like she was just starving!! lol....
My bbs are hurting a bit right now, because Alba is asleep and the milk has come in and well, im sure you can just imagine. I tried to pump a tiny bit this morning, because they fell SO FULL but when I pumped, out of BOTH of them , I only managed to only get a little less than an ounce! I',m sure to Alba that is a lot...LOL.. She REFUSES to take a pacifier. Instead, she found her hands on Monday and realized that she can suck her thumb....Which is exactly what she does. She wouldnt take the small bottle this morning either from DH *I had to pump, she was asleep and wouldnt wake up to eat and I needed some relief) but when I tried to hand her the bottle, she pushed it away and aimed tsraight for my breast, btu then I managed to get the bottle right in front and i was able to get some o fthe milk in her mouth and she realized that it was food, so she finally took all but maybe a small spoonful of it, then fell asleep! Then while I went to the bathroom, she woke up and actually started crying because she wanted milk do DH tried to give her the rest of the bottle, which she drank (he said in about "5 seconds") then she nursed for about 25 minutes.

She is jaundiced (did I tell you that), so we are keeping her in front of the window, but the sun isnt coming in like I thought it would. We have her appt in the morning to test her bilirubin levels and then we'll just go from there.. kalli was jaundiced pretty bad too and we almost had to re-admit her back to the hospital to put her under the lamp.

Anyway how are you feeling? Any more contractions? Are you completely prepared now?

May 19th, 2010, 10:50 AM
no worries about being short! you have a baby and just had surgery! no problem! it's good she is eating so well! you did mention she was jaundiced, I hope it doesn't get too bad, if it does maybe they can order homecare instead of going back to the hospital? I know sometimes they can do that?

I feel ok, still having random contractions but nothing regular so I am just waiting....and waiting LOL.....I am ready now so of course that probably means I won't have him until my due date now LOL. my NST is tomorrow instead of Friday so I just have to wait and see how that goes I guess.
May 21st, 2010, 12:27 PM
Congratulations on Samuel Richard

Yay! I'm so happy for you!!!!!

May 25th, 2010, 03:53 AM
Hey! sorry I have been MIA! it is busy around here! and my mom is here for a couple weeks so I am trying to spend time with her too. Sam is doing good, he sleeps pretty good except his fussy time of day seems to be midnight to 3am LOL not the best time to be fussy but we are dealing with it. Syd loves him and is adjusting well, she has had a few moments of jealously but that is to be expected. I will be around more as the days pass and we start forming a routine.

How is Alba? How are you feeling?
May 27th, 2010, 01:53 PM
We are good, Still pretty sore but managing it! don't worry about being busy. I've swamped here!! We had Alba's newborn pics last night. I can't wait to get them back! I'm so excited! I think they are going to turn out so good! How are you and Samuel doing?

June 1st, 2010, 01:02 PM
hey! I have forgotten about checking here! glad you guys are doing well! we are good! Sam is a really good baby so far, he loves to sleep! finally a kiddo that likes to sleep LOL I feel great! I am pretty much back to normal, weight came right off and I have been working out (lightly of course, just walking and bike rides mostly) I have also started to do abs but only a few at a time for now. Dr said I can work out so long as I feel ok and my bleeding is ok and all of that is fine. It feels good to be back to normal!! I saw your update sounds like things are going really good for you guys! I miss chatting with your every day!!
June 1st, 2010, 03:22 PM
I've forgotten about checking here too! Its been so nuts and crazy everywhere!
Things are going good, Alba is gaining weight rather quickly..She's past her birthweight now and grown a half inch!! I've lost ALL but 1-2 lbs of my pregnancy weight as well, which has been awesome..... I can see my stomach and knees and ankles and feet again! LOL.. I love it. My belly is almost gone completely, a tiny itty bitty pudge right above the incision.. Im not sure hwen I'll be able to do the ab work but I can't wait to feel good enough to do it.

Im so glad to hear you guys are doing okay too!!!!! Im glad he loves to sleep! Alba likes to sleep too, thats so neat. She woke up ONCE last night, which ws great!!! (well, she woke up at 1:30 and again at 5:30 but im not going to count the 5:30 one because I didnt go back to sleep. Her 2 wk checkup was today..hard to believe!! I miss talking w/you every day too!!!

June 4th, 2010, 10:22 AM
glad you guys are doing so well! and I so love being able to see my feet and shave without a mirror LOL!! ......Sam is 2 weeks old today!! yay! I weighed him yesterday (well myself and then myself holding him) and he weighs over 9lbs already I think! he looks huge to me! we don't have a checkup until 1month, that is when our ped does the 1st appointment unless there is a problem so who knows how big he will be by then! last night he ate at 10:30, woke up and ate at 2am and then slept until 8am! I was like Holy Cow!!! LOL.....my mom is leaving this weekend, she has been here since the day before he was born, so next week I will be on my own. I am sort of looking forward to it!.....any plans for the weekend? I think we may have a BBQ on Sunday not sure yet.
June 5th, 2010, 08:15 AM
No big plans. Dh went back to work yesterday and that night before Alba didnt sleep very well. She was having some gas pains..so yesterday was kind of an emotional day....but last night she got up every 2 hours, not sure why, usually she'll sleep for 3 1/2-4 hours during the night, but its 10:00 am now and shes been wide awake since about 8:45. I can't believe she'll be 3 weeks old tomorrow! Its amazing!! Her newborn/preemie clothes are finally starting to fit her a tiny bit, but still HUGE on her. Forget the regular 0-3 months clothes, they are way to big for her...She is such a little thing.
Im so glad to hear that everything is going great for you guys!!! I cant believe he is already in 3 months clothes already, and he's already 2 weeks old! WOW! Where is the time going!!!

June 6th, 2010, 11:22 AM
I know he is a big boy! some 3 month stuff is still a little big but most of it fits him fine!

sorry your DH had to go back to work, mine hasn't really taken much time off, a couple of days. he is saving his time so he can take a week off once I go back to work, that gives Sam an extra week out of daycare. we are actually now considering having a nanny for 6months or so. we will still send Syd to daycare since she loves it there but have the nanny watch Sam. it will be expensive but maybe worth it! we'll see I guess. A nanny works out great because I work from home so I am here all day and can check up on them and see him whenever I want. DH is going to start calling around this week to see what we can find. daycare won't be the end of the world if we decide to go that route but it would be way harder!.....my mom left this morning after being here for more than 2 weeks! as of tomorrow I am officially on my own! I am sort of happy to get into my own routine though, it will be nice! Sam has been sleeping so good! now watch though since my mom left he will be up all night LOL
June 6th, 2010, 01:08 PM
Alba was up all night last night, not fussy btu she was laughing and making grunting noises and was just wide awake..then today, she's been kind of fussy all day.. in fact, every time I would put her down, she would start screaming like she was in pain.. Its the only time since she's been born that she's been fussy.. Im so tired since I didnt sleep any last night and today the other two kids are acting up and its driving me nuts..but other than that, we are doing good.

The nanny idea sounds good..Maybe everything will work out and you can find a great nanny!!

June 7th, 2010, 06:05 AM
aww sorry Alba was up and has been a bit fussy. I remember hearing somewhere or reading maybe that weeks 3-6 are the fussiest times for a newborn? not sure how true that is we aren't quite there yet and Syd was a fuss pot from birth to about 12 weeks LOL so I don't have much to compare to. Hopefully you had a better night last night. Sam has fussy moments and usually it is is gas if he is really cranky and grunting a ton I give him gas drops and they seem to help some, maybe that would help when she is fussing and grunting?

our 1st night without my mom being here went fine. I fed Sam at 11pm and then he woke at 3am, ate and went right back to bed and didn't wake up until 6:30am!! hopefully this continues but I don't want to get too used to it just yet

today we are going to visit DHs work and go to the grocery store, very exciting day LOL
June 7th, 2010, 08:47 AM
I've read that formula fed babies, tend to sleep longer at night than breastfed babies... hmm..maybe your' onto something there! She did better last night and only woke up every 2 1/2-3 hours...
Im a little heartbroken at the moment, an old friend of mine, had her baby on Saturday evening (She wasnt due until around november) and she baby was born sleeping.. I even talked to her friday afternoon on the phone, she was asking me about bh contrax and how her doc just pushed her concerns off and told her it was round ligament pain.....this was her 4th baby... Anyway, I just found out this morning........... I dont even know what to say..... They were unaware of any problems or anything..all her appts were fine and the u/s was fine and she was suppose to go in next week or so for the gender u/s....

June 7th, 2010, 09:15 AM
aww that is terrible! I am very sorry for her loss

yes I think formula fed babies sleep longer in general although Sydney was formula fed and she didn't, she was up every 1-2hrs! of course she was sort of a high needs baby. Sam eats like 4-5oz of formula at a time! the boy loves to eat that's for sure! he doesn't spit up really at all so far, so I guess it is ok that he eats that much? IDK? Syd never ate either so this is new to me LOL

we went for a walk this morning, went to see DH at his office and now we are home until his next feeding and then we are off to the grocery store. I am not used to not working so I am getting a little bored sitting in the house at least the weather is nice today it was sooooo hot over the weekend we could barely step outside!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search