Charizomai & kimmiejo

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 7th, 2010, 03:20 PM
Charizomai's Avatar Mommy to Three!
THat is great that he is eating so good. I think Alba doesnt feel to good. Her diapers have been extremely watery all day... I have been trying to figure out if I ate anything different but I havent..So nothing should be upsetting her stomach.. She's sleeping at the moment, which is nice.. The other two are outside playing on the waterslide...... Thats good you got out of the house. My 4 week checkup is next week (Wednesday) and I can not wait. Im hoping for good news (In the sense that I can start slowly working out, but I doubt they'll tell me that) since im still having a good deal of pain. I did manage to take off the steri-tape today. for whatever reason, it was STILL on me.. Im hoping that means i can take a BATH..oh how I long for a nice, long, HOT bubble bath although, I doubt it will be long because little Alba will be wanting to eat. guess I could feed her inthe bathtub..LOL..

I happily Breastfed Alba for 5 1/2 months!!!!

Below is my weightloss ticker. This is not for the pregnancy weight to come off as it has pretty much all came off. The rest of it is just what I've been wanting to loose for a while now to get back to my healthier weight!

June 7th, 2010, 04:09 PM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
aww I hope she feels better, poor baby Sam has been a bit of a fuss this afternoon too not sure what the deal is, I just gave him a bath and that seemed to settle him a bit, for now anyway! I hope you have a good appointment and can start working out again soon! I used to take baths with sydney all the time when she was itty bitty, I bet maybe Alba would like that! just be careful they get slippery LOL, I used to make DH hand her to me and then come back in and get her because I was afraid I would drop her!
Hope you have a better night and Alba starts feeling better soon!
June 8th, 2010, 09:27 AM
Were you not afriad of getting poopied on? It seems like Alba poopies ALL the time.. I think its just a growth spurt... She is 3 weeks now and ive heard thats a common age.. I was able to pump about 3 oz earlier and she's eaten two...so we are saving the other oz for in a bit when she's hungry again... She was up from 4am till 9 every 45 mins.. So we are a bit tired... Im so ready to get out of this house.. I Just need some different air...lol I think it would be good for all of us...who knows, maybe I can get out later, even if its just a short walk or something...

Below is my weightloss ticker. This is not for the pregnancy weight to come off as it has pretty much all came off. The rest of it is just what I've been wanting to loose for a while now to get back to my healthier weight!

June 8th, 2010, 09:40 AM
I never got pooped on LOL although I suppose that could happen LOL.....Sam and I just went to Lowes, I bought some paint for a project I want to do, so that will give me something to do while he naps during the day. I swear I get sooo antsy! and I can only take so many walks and clean so much! I am really not used to have a baby that sleeps so well I am sure it will change at some point so for now I figure I might as well enjoy it!

we decided to do the nanny thing for Sam and by a stroke of good luck our old nanny that watched Syd is able to do it again! woo hoo, I feel better about it, I made a big long post about it on the main board but bottom line is we will have her come here to the house for a few months before he starts outside daycare, I am thinking late fall or early winter we will start him, once he is closer to 6months. I feel 10lbs lighter having that taken care of!!
June 8th, 2010, 03:39 PM
I read that on the main board. Congrats!! That is so awesome.. I bet you are so relieved.. Alba is so fussy and has been finally, able to sleep some today.. I keep wanting to open one of the "back up formula" cans that we have just in case. One is the enfamil for "fussiness and gassy babies" I think it might help her..but im not sure... I dont really want to use it but I might have too... I ddi manage to pump again and its waiting till she wants it. I only got about 3 1/2 ounces.
We did go out, we took the kids to Toys R Us and I bought two gowns that came with matching booties and hats, and then some soap. They were all buy one get one free.. Then I bought some of the gerber onesies for newborns 5-8lbs. so hopefully she'll ahve something that will fit her..
Welll.... Im really considering trying the formula tonight at bedtime so maybe we can get a bit of sleep but then again, im not sure I wnat too. Ive heard you can mix it with breastmilk, but still..not sure...
Well I need to get ready for dinner... Im not that hungry but I know I need to eat.. It was SOOO NICE getting out of the house today, but I think I overdid it. I was feeling so good, i decided to attempt to vacuum the floor and wasnt able to finish it because I started hurting...DARN INCISION.. I hate this...

June 8th, 2010, 04:32 PM
aww I am sorry she is fussy, we use the Walmart version of the Enfamil Gentle which is for fussiness and gas, we went straight to gentle because Sydney had major issues with the regular kind so we figured we would just go to the good stuff this time LOL, it seems to work great for him. I really am not sure about mixing it with breastmilk I have never BF so I really don't know? I hope you are able to figure something out soon HUGS! could just be the 3 week growth spurt?

glad you were able to get out, that always helps my mood! we try to get out at least once a day! sorry your incision is still hurting! feel better soon!
June 9th, 2010, 08:42 AM
hey. we gave her the formula last night and it helped. she ate about 3 oz over a couple of hours and then she woke up every 2 hours but i breastfed her after we went to bed. She did MUCH better and hasnt been near as fussy. My mom is here visitging for the day and i just gave her another couple of oz formula again and she fell asleep... but i feel so much better today.
im glad sam is doing so well, oh we ended up just using water for it instead of bm......

June 9th, 2010, 12:34 PM
glad you were able to get some better rest and that she wasn't as fussy, that is wonderful! Hopefully her good mood continues!! I have had such a lazy day today! it is raining so we didn't go out today, I try to get out every day somewhere and at least for a walk but not today, I really need to start napping when Sam naps but I don't feel tired during the day, by 8pm though I am ready for bed! unfortunately Sam and Sydney aren't LOL
June 10th, 2010, 07:08 AM
Ha! I know that feeling all to well. Dh would always tell me to get some sleep whle Alba is sleeping and I just would not be tired...
My mom was visiting yesterday and then asked if Jaden and Kalli could go back home with her for a couple nights, so they were very excited. The house is so quiet though, its almost annoying..LOL
I am liking the quiet and alone one on one time Im getting with Alba today, but she is asleep again right now. She did do better last night, which was nice.
TOmorrow is dh's birthday and we'll go out in the morning and meet my mom and pick up the other two kiddos..... I know they are having a good time with grandpa and grandma though....They have a lake to fish in, and a four wheeler and lots of land, and im sure they are getting a TON of attention for every little thing which I know they are LOVING.
I hope you are having a good day today. Im sorry you were not able to get out and go for a walk.....or anything. it rained here last night and early this morning..

How's the weightloss coming? I'm down to ONE lb under what my pre-preg weight was.. So Im happy. If only I could lose about 6-10 more, I'll be extremely happy, but Im loving being "almost" flat belly again.... I'm feeling a little better today, not as much pain, but then again, I usually have more pain in the evening!

June 10th, 2010, 07:16 AM
glad you are getting some one on one Alba time that is nice! and I am sure your other kiddos love being with the grandparents! we are going out in a bit to babies r us, I have some gift cards. Not sure what I am buying but hey it's free money LOL!!

yay for being below pre preggo weight! weightloss is going good, I am pretty much back to my prepreggo weight, I am at 124 which my normal weight is usually anywhere from 115 to 125 it tends to vary within that 10lb range. my prepreggo clothes fit so I am happy. I posted pics in the private board of my post preggo belly! It is back to flat but minus my abs which I want back ASAP!! oh well it will take some time, all in all I am happy with the progress so far! I have gotten back to lifting light weights which is my fav workout so as I increase that the rest will fall into place I guess.
June 10th, 2010, 09:27 AM
I can not WAIT to work out again.. As soon as I get the all clear from the doc..but im not sure how long it will be for my abs since the csection...
If you can use your gift cards at toys r us, they have a great sale going on (or at least ours does) a ton of stuff is buy one get one free! I bought two gowns for Alba that were BOGO (they were9.99 each) and hten pretty much ALL the baby soaps and lotions were BOGO as well..
Have fun getting out, since the older 2 are at the grandparents, I Think DH and I and ALba are going out ot eat tonight!!!! I cant wait!

June 10th, 2010, 12:44 PM
I went to babies r us and they were having lots of sales! I got "buy 1 get 1 free" onsies (they were packs of 4) they are super cute colors and patterns too! I got him 2 rompers, burp clothes (cute patterned ones) and I got Syd a pair of water shoes all for $32, woo hoo! good deals!!

have fun going out to eat!! we are having leftovers I think, I don't feel like cooking! hopefully you will be able to start working out soon! it definately makes me feel so much better! not sure about abs after a csection? hopefully it won't be too long until you are back to your normal self!
June 11th, 2010, 11:34 AM
Wow. you got some really good deals! I had a great time going out to eat. I was starving.. I ate chicken parmegiana and it was absolutely delicious......
Today is Dh's bday and we went and picked up the kids and went and picked up his cake...I just posted in the underground..so maybe you can put some advice in there..lol or you can reply here.. either way. I must be having a very horomonal day..
Oh how did you get your milk to dry up?

June 11th, 2010, 11:44 AM
sorry you are having a bad day, I will check the post in the underground soon and see if I have any helpful advice! I went to lunch with my MIL and Sam today, I had a chicken salad wrap it was yummy!! as for the milk I just wore a sports bra, sometimes 2 and breast pads to soak up the leaking. hurt like crazy! honestly my left boob was still leaking up until a few days ago. of course I then felt quilty for choosing not to breastfeed because I know some people struggle with supply and here I am leaking milk weeks later and not even breastfeeding with going back to work so soon I just didn't want to commit to having to pump and I have seen so many of my friends struggle and miss out on the 1st few weeks of their new baby, I only have 6 weeks I just didn't want to be consumed and stressed, not great reasons but it is what it is. Sam loves his formula and is growing well as did Sydney so what can I say, wow that turned into a ramble LOL....off to check the underground!
June 11th, 2010, 11:54 AM
I agree. I ended up supplementing with Jaden from day one and he never latched so within two weeks, he was on full time formula.. With kalli we breastfed and supplemented until she was 3 months old. I was just hoping to do better this time..Maybe I can figure a way to mix bm and formula so im still using mymilk...
I know I have to do what is best ..i just feel bad.lol.... but my other two turned out great and were formula babies.

June 11th, 2010, 01:00 PM
well hopefully the formula makes Miss Alba happier! Sam has been a bit fussy lately too, usually in the early afternoon for an hr or so. nothing bad just fussy for him, he is usually so content that any amount of fussing is sort of odd (knocking on wood!) he really just wants to be held and walked around during that time and then he quiets right down so we do a lot of pacing around in circles LOL......any plans this weekend? we are having friends over tomorrow for a BBQ and to meet Sam, should be nice! I am craving some adult interaction other than my hubby LOL
June 11th, 2010, 05:25 PM
I am so exhausted right now. I started having some pains earlier and it was getting bad, so I took a percocet that the doc gave me for my c section ( I havent taken anything but motrin all week) and I was doing fine, then about 2 hrs after I took it, I just all of a sudden got completely exhausted. ugh. We went to Babies R Us and bought a bottle warmer and have already used it acouple of times since we've been home.. Its REALLY NICE.. esp for the formula or refrigerated breast milk!!!
Its very weird for Alba to be fussy, she is usually a very content, calm baby....Maybe I bragged to much on her! lol
OOO a bbq sounds GREAT..so does adult interaction! I hope you guys have a GREAT TIME!!!!
We dont have any plans really.. none at all.......
Im abotu to have to pump again..I', starting to hurt.. Ive decided to keep pumping and give her the BM in the bottle to see if that helps and then give her formula if needed...
HAVE An excellent weekend!!! NONE of my friends, except 2 have met Alba! lol

June 12th, 2010, 06:48 AM
sorry you had pain! Percocet knocks me out! I get so tired when I take it!

so we had some friends over last night too, I drank some wine and now my head hurts LOL, wine always gives me a headache I should have known better. oh well! we are having friends over today too it is nice to get back into the swing of things!! but Sam would not go to sleep last night!! OMG!! he was up from like 3pm yesterday until 9pm when he finally zonked and he didn't wake up until 4:30 to eat he wasn't really fussy just awake and wanted to be held the whole time, thank goodness our friends were here so we all took turns holding him, my arms were breaking LOL, I think I may need a sling for him, he is a cuddle bug! Syd hated being worn but I am pretty sure he would love it!

the pumping plan sounds good! good luck!!
June 14th, 2010, 08:20 AM
Hey! Im sorry he didnt want to go to sleep! We ended up driving up to the nashville, Tn zoo. (its about an hour and a half away from us) BAD IDEA! it was my idea of course, I really wanted out of the house and some place fun and thought the kids would enjoy it.. Well it wa s like 96 with a heat index of around 100.we stayed for maybe 45 minutes to an hour. We were afraid that Alba would get to hot. She mainly slept the whole time, and then when we got home she was awake for about 6 hours straight, then would go to sleep, only to wake up in 15 minutes. She finally went ot sleep and slept 3 hrs that night and then was up almost every hour from 11:30 on. Then Yesterday I got out ALONE to go grocery shopping! She slept on dh's chest the ENTIRE time I was not home. She did good last night though. She slept from 8-12pm, then got up and and ate again around 2, then 4 and then 7. So at least she slept pretty good. I have a friend coming over today, she is bringing her older two kids who are my kids ages and they are all going to play on the waterslide (have you seen the pics on my fb page of it. its HUGE). Anyway, I had a sling for Kalli but she HATED It. but Alba LOVES to be held. Some call is spoiled. I honestly think we have spoiled her..LOL. SHe will wake up if she is put down but could be held ALL DAY and ALL night. So, maybe I'll invest in a sling since I got rid of my other one.. You have any ideas on the best ones to get? She's a cuddle bug too.
You had wine? WOW...Sometimes I wish I had a glass..lol.. It makes me sleepy and Id end up with a headache too.. What kind did you get? O..I think I may have found a WAH job..sort of. Its commission based but its on a board that I've been a member of FOREVER..for a few years anyway, and its for mommies. I'll tell you allabout it later if you want to know more.. I still dont have ALL the info., but im being considered for it.. Not sure how it would work with it being only commission, but hey, some $$ is better than no money..right?

Oh.. I got on the scale this morning and dropped ANOTHER LB... I'm officialy down 18.4 lbs.. I only gained 16 with this pregnancy, so its nice to be 2lbs under my pre preg weight! Woohoo!

June 14th, 2010, 08:35 AM
yay for losing another lb! WTG! that job sounds interesting and promising! I agree any money is still money!! what exactly will you be doing??

as for the wine I bought I bottle of Reisling which is sort of sweet, I am not a wine drinker at all really but I thought since we had friends over I would get some and it was ok while I was drinking it but in the morning my head hurt LOL and it wasn't like I was drunk either I only had like 2 glasses! I felt fine when I went to bed but when I woke up I paid for it LOL I like to drink mixed drinks when I do drink but having adult beverages is a rare occurance around her anymore, my DH doesn't even drink at all anymore. I think we are getting old or something

Sam has been sleeping pretty good at night but he is up a lot more during the day now which is fine because he is generally pretty happy, I think he might of gave me a real smile on Sat? is it to early for that? DH said it was gas but honestly I think that one was real! LOL we are dealing with some constipation issues though, he doesn't seem all that bothered by it but when he went a few times over the weekend he had to strain which then made his poor butt bleed from straining and the poop was hard like little rocks, poor boy! I called the ped and they told me to give him a couple oz of pedialyte to see if that helped get things moving but he won't really drink it, he only wants formula! oh well I have to call them tomorrow and give them an update so I will keep trying the pedialyte today and then see what they say tomorrow. my daughter has always had constipation issues and still does so this isn't really a new thing for me and he does poop a couple times a day it is just super hard. we'll see what happens, I may need to change the kind of formula we are using.

sorry it was so hot at the zoo, that is no fun! it has been so hot here too!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search