Charizomai & kimmiejo

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 15th, 2010, 09:53 AM
Charizomai's Avatar Mommy to Three!
I'll find out more about about it on saturday. But from what i understand I'd be getting people to paid for an advertisement/banner on another site for parents. Its nothing like JM or anything like that, its a city based site. SO it's for local businesses and stuff that intersts moms and stuff like that. I dont know all the details yet but like I said, Ill find out more on saturday.

Im considering trying some of that formula that is made especually for nighttime feedings, Alba seems to do great during the day, then maybe 2 nights a week, she'll sleep for a 3-4 hour shift, but the rest of ther week she is up every 2 hours or so.

and I don't think its to early for sam to start smiling.. Alba smiles all the time, and i promise you, i do not think its gas...lol..... in the middle of the night last night, she held up one hand to her bottle and acted like she was going to help me hold her bottle. It was the cutest thing.. Tomorrow is June 16, so it will have been one month since she was born (may 16). I just cant believe it!

I have my 4 week check up tomorrow. WIsh me luck! lol.. I had the most aweful night last night, My back was hurting o so bad!!!!! ugh! I think its beacuse of the infant bathtub though. Because at night time when I give Alba a bath, I'll pick up her bathtub and carry it to the sink and empty it. Its not the kind that fits in to the sink, its this one: Summer Infant Soothing Spa & Shower - Pink - Summer Infant - Babies "R" Us
so when its got water in it, its kind of heavy, but i have to say I LOVE having the little hand held sprayer on it. Alba LOVES getting her hair washed!!!

has sam had any diaper rash yet.... Alba seems to have had one since the week she came home from the hospital. I change her diaper every 2 hours, unless she has a 4 hour sleepeing streak but thats the only time and her little bottom has the most awful couple of spots on it. I've been using the Boudreux butt paste (it works wonders) but with Alba it seems to clear it up, only to come back the next day.. :*( I have no idea what to do.. It doesnt seem to bother her though...
I swear, I think we've gone through close to 300 diapers..since she's been home from the hospital.. maybe more..lol..

how are you doing today?

I happily Breastfed Alba for 5 1/2 months!!!!

Below is my weightloss ticker. This is not for the pregnancy weight to come off as it has pretty much all came off. The rest of it is just what I've been wanting to loose for a while now to get back to my healthier weight!

June 15th, 2010, 12:09 PM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am good, we just got back from Target, my big outing of the day LOL I bought brand name formula to see if that helps the constipation issue we have going on, hope it helps! I have seen that formula for night time but never tried it? Sam does ok at night but he eats a lot during the day, it isn't rare for him to drink a 6oz bottle these days he eats lots!! I think that helps him sleep better IDK? how much is Alba eating? Sam has been averaging around 30oz per day most days. as for diaper rash we have been ok so far, every now and then he gets a little red but not a real rash, I usually use Desitin Clear on his butt, I love that stuff! we do have diaper leak issues though, must be a boy thing because my dd never leaked. I just bought Luvs and they seem to be working a little better. what kind of diapers do you use? Syd always got a rash from Pampers we could never use them because everytime she would get a nasty rash...sorry you had back pain, that stinks! I bath Sam in his little tub but I put in the kitchen sink, it fits right in there and then I don't have to lean over or pick it up because there is a plug in the bottom to empty it, works out pretty good. Good luck at your appointment tomorrow! mine is next Friday.
June 16th, 2010, 11:49 AM
We are using Pampers and Huggies. Luvs always made Kalli break out though. My appt went good. I can start fdoing light excervise and then in a few weeks I can pretty much do whatever I feel like doing. Alba is eating around 2-3 oz at each feeding. Sometimes less. Yesterday she ate 2oz, then turned around 30 mins later and ate 2 more, then 30 mins after that, ate 4 oz. so within 2 hrs she ate 8oz..lol. Alba has been awake SO MUCH lately. She has the BIGGEST blue eyes.... <3

Below is my weightloss ticker. This is not for the pregnancy weight to come off as it has pretty much all came off. The rest of it is just what I've been wanting to loose for a while now to get back to my healthier weight!

June 16th, 2010, 07:05 PM
Sam has days where he eats like that too it is like he is a bottomless pit LOL, we had so much trouble getting Syd to eat when she little it was a constant fight so this is great! I love that he eats so well!! that't great you can start exercising! I have been doing "On Demand" Jillian Michaels workouts while Sam sleeps, I did a lower body one yesterday and my legs hurt so bad today!! holy cow I can barely get up once I sit down LOL, needless to say I skipped working out today except for abs. Sam has been awake a lot more too! he actually just went to bed and he has been up since around 5:30 so hopefully he sleeps good tonight!
June 18th, 2010, 09:00 AM
I went and bought the nighttime formula from Enfamil last night, to see if it would help and she slept for about FOUR hours!!! It was great. Of course it was from around 8-9ish to around 12ish, but at least she slept better, of course, after that she was up at 2, and then slept till about 430-5 and then stayed awake, with only about a 15-30 min nap, once until just a few minutes ago and its now 11 am..lol.
She is such a cuddle bug, I have no idea if she will eve enjoy "Tummy time" in a few weeks like the other two did. I konw at around 2 months you are suppose to increase their tummy time so they can start to learn to use their upper body muscles to push themselves and roll over... I need to go buy one of those boppy pillows though to help her.

DH is so great, I've been hinting at wanting the Wii Fit for a long time and yesterday he got it for me! So I LOVE IT. another reason I love it, it becuase it tells me that I'm 2 lbs lighter than our bathroom scale...LOL Which makes me VERY HAPPY! I did a little bit of yoga on it today and some hoola hoop thing and it was so much fun. I spend about 30 minutes doing exervcies on it. It also has a thing for BABIES, called Baby Stats and you can make the baby a profile on there and keep up with their weight.. According to that, it says Alba is around 7 lbs.. HOLY COW! lol She's gone from 5.1 to 7 in a month..LOL. She is turning into such a chunk! Oh< i put added two more pics (I finally got to see 2 pics of Alba from the newborn pics) on facebook...so check it out when you get a chance! okay!

June 18th, 2010, 11:52 AM
yay for good sleeping! glad it worked for her! Sam is a chunk too, I think he is well over 10lbs, he weighed 8lb4oz and 8 even when we left the hospital, our 1month appointment is next Wed so I will know for sure then.

I would like to a get a Wii fit, they look really neat! I may look into it. How sweet of your hubby!

Sam isn't a fan of tummy time at all LOL, he last like 1 minute before he is complaining. I try for at least 2x per day but some days I skip it all together, oh well still plenty of time to work on it I guess.

I will check out the FB pics in a bit! my parents are coming for the weekend and I really need to clean up the house and get their bed ready, I am feeling lazy though.
June 18th, 2010, 02:20 PM
The wii fit is only $99, I think its come down a lot in price. We just got ours from Kmart so we didnt have to go into our walmart, because they are remodeling it and everythin is misplaced and its just a hassle all together. Plus I just realised our Kmart has an Olan Mills portrait studio, so Im going to look into that for family pictures if at all possible... but anyway, I hope you have a good time visiting with your parents..
The kids have been on and off the wii fit all day and I'll tell you this, the YOGA on there really KICKS you rbutt, because of the wii balance board that comes w/ the wii fit, it makes sure your posture is correct and it will tell you over and over if it isnt...lol.. but so far so good.. There are a TON of things on there for working on your abs and back and legs and such. its pretty neat It keeps up with your weight, time working out and bmi, and calories burned! Its pretty neat. If oyu miss a day working out, it will let you know..lol.

June 20th, 2010, 02:09 PM
hey! hope you are having a good weekend! we had a nice time with my parents, my mom got up with Sam so I could sleep, woooooo hoooooo! felt nice to sleep straight thru and get a little break! hope you are having a nice weekend! it is so stinkin hot here! I don't even want to go outside! blah! I am going to try and get out for a walk later when it cools down, if that happens LOL
June 22nd, 2010, 01:24 PM
eek! Im so sorry i havent been online much at all the past couple of days. Sunday was my sons 7th birthday and then Ive just been so busy..and Alba has been really fussy the past 2 days and hasnt slept much at all. So ive been really tired.

Its been soooooo hot...Too hot to be outside..........

June 22nd, 2010, 01:34 PM
hey there! my mom's bday was Sunday too! good people must be born on 6/20! sorry Alba has been fussy, Sam has been having some fussy moments himself! Last Friday night he was SO fussy I was about to pull all my hair out LOL so I can relate! I think it is just the age of fussiness! Hopefully it passes soon! Sam has his first drs appointment tomorrow so finally I will know how much my chunkster actually weighs! it is still hot here too, like way to hot! it feels like I live in the jungle or something LOL, I hate even going outside!...is Alba feeling any better?

Last edited by kimmiejo; June 23rd, 2010 at 02:12 PM.
June 23rd, 2010, 10:56 AM
How did his appt go... I havent even hardly had a chance to be on the actual boards lately.. Im so out of it. A little bit ago, Alba kept acting like she was hungry, so I fed her yet again, and as soon as I laid her down she spit up, so i cleaned her up and then picked her up to go and change her clothes because it was on her outfit and then she basically THREW up. It was like an entire ounce, it was every where. I have no idea why, then she wanted to eat again, so i just finished feeding her.. I hpe she keeps it down
Oh on the Baby Stats on our Wii Fit, it says that she is 7lbs 9oz. I weigh her every morning when I do my workouts. I just hope these workouts are helping me..lol
Im going to pm you really quick.

June 23rd, 2010, 11:40 AM
I got your PM, congrats!! I will respond later when I have a bit more time to collect my thoughts LOL....Sam weighed 11lbs 4oz and was 23 inches! he gained 3lbs and 2inches since birth! he is getting really big! my daughter didn't even weight that at 2months LOL....sorry Alba isn't feeling great, Sydney used to spit up like that when she was little it would go across the room it was crazy!! Hopefully she keeps the rest of the bottle down! I will PM you later!!
June 23rd, 2010, 01:26 PM
I think our kids eat a lot! lol. If sam has already gained 3lbs and ALba has already gained 3 lbs..lol I am still breastfeeding but supplementing.. Im loving having a flat belly again. Im slowly working out and the wii fit is KICKING my butt! lol...
I get so tired but I think oits helping me recover pretty good.. Im not near as sore as I was.

Life has been SO HECTIC since Alba has been born. Having 3 is definately a challenge.. When does your nanny start working? Wow, I can not beleive that Alba is 5 1/2 weeks old aready.. and will be 6 weeks old on Sunday. Its insane to think that she is already almost 6 weeks.... Maybe im in denial!! lol

June 23rd, 2010, 02:11 PM
our kiddos definately eat a lot LOL, I asked the pedi today if he was eating too much and he said as long as he isn't spitting up just feed him whatever he wants so that's what I will keep doing! today he has been eating 5oz like every 2 hrs!! he just ate at 3:30 and he is laying here next to me eating his hand like he starved LOL, I am trying to at least wait 2hrs but I don't know if he will make it 20 more minutes, the binky only works for so long LOL....our nanny will start July 6th, the Tuesday after 4th of July weekend, she coming over tomorrow to meet Sam!
June 30th, 2010, 08:19 AM
She was eating a lot, but now she is just eating maybe an ounce, but doing it every 30 minutes or so.. She finally fell asleep a few minutes ago. She's been so fussy, and I have no idea how to make her feel better. I gave her some gas (mylicon drops) to see if that would help, because I think its her belly acting up.. My heart breaks for her. I hate her being in so muh pain.
Im watching a rerun right now of Gilmore Girls..lol. What I can watch of it..
Hows your day going?

June 30th, 2010, 09:06 AM
sorry she is being a fuss! I put Mylicon in every other bottle for Sam, it seems to have helped some of his gas issues he was having there for a while. I have to put them directly in the bottle though because if I try to just give them to him he spits them right out at me LOL.....another thing I use if he is REALLY fussy is gripe water not sure if it is just a coincidence or what but he seems to calm down after a dose of that if he is really fussing. it is an all natural thing so I figure it can't hurt to try!

Sam slowed down his eating lately too, he has been eating 3-4oz as opposed to 5-6oz like he was for a while. I guess they go in cycles!

My day is ok, I think I am going to try and take a walk in a bit since the weather is finally tolerable and it isn't so hot! I have been doing the "Boot Camp" on demand exercise things and my legs are killin me! guess that means it's working LOL
July 5th, 2010, 07:27 AM
I use gripe water and mylicon too! She seems to calm down for a bit after the gripe. THat stuff is awesome.
How was your 4th? HOpe it was good!! Alba has been really fussy (I think she is constipated)..for the past 12 hours or so.
Other than that, wev'e been doign good. Sorry I havent been on much. We've been so busy!!!!

July 5th, 2010, 09:47 AM
Hey! we had a good 4th, went to my parents. Pretty much we just hung by the pool, Sydney swam all day long Sat and Sunday she is like a fish LOL Sam was pretty good for being away for the 1st time. I got some sun, had some adult drinks and just relaxed it was nice! my nephews bday is the 4th so we celebrated that too, he turned 20! Holy cow I am old LOL
July 7th, 2010, 07:55 AM
That is great that you had a good 4th! When we were at hte beach a couple weeks ago, I got a strawberry daquiri and it was DELICIOUS~.. We are going back this weekend again! (Whoohoo) so I can't wait!
We shot fireworks.....I changed Alba's formula back to the enfamil for fussy/gassy babies so hopefully she'll calm down. Poor baby has so much gas.. The mylicon drops in thebottle worked like a charm! Thanks!

July 7th, 2010, 08:32 AM
glad the mylicon is helping! hopefully the formula works too! we use the Similac Sensitive for fussiness and gas and it seems to work ok......yay for going to the beach again! I would love to do something fun and water related this weekend! it has been so darn hot here! maybe we will take a drive to the beach, we are so close the NJ beaches but rarely go. maybe this weekend we will! or maybe I can talk DH into going to Sesame Place they have tons of water stuff for Sydney! we'll see! DH hates it there because it gets so crowded but maybe I can talk him into it!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search