Charizomai & kimmiejo

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 25th, 2010, 11:22 AM
Charizomai's Avatar Mommy to Three!
we are supposed to get more snow too..but just flurries..but im so ready for spring. I didnt sleep ANY last night and im severely paying for it today...im so tired....
just sitting aorund the house today, ......I think i'll try to take a nap though..if I can..

I hope you have a great day. Im so glad tomorrow is Friday!

I happily Breastfed Alba for 5 1/2 months!!!!

Below is my weightloss ticker. This is not for the pregnancy weight to come off as it has pretty much all came off. The rest of it is just what I've been wanting to loose for a while now to get back to my healthier weight!

February 26th, 2010, 08:45 AM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Happy friday! I woke up with my eyes hurting again, I think I have pink eye. It is terrible! hoping to finish up work and take a much needed nap! one thing about having a child in daycare is I am always sick it seems! she has built up immunity but me...not so much

Hope you have a great weekend!!
February 26th, 2010, 11:48 AM
Oh. I am so sorry that you are sick. My eyes were hurting when I woke up but its not from pink eye, I think its from not getting enough sleep. Im so exhausted and I just can't seem to sleep soundly, it seems all of a sudden instead of getting up 2 and 3 times a night, now I've increased it to 6 or 6 times a night.

Im so glad its the weekend, so maybe tomorrow I can sleep late, with no alarm waking me up...ugh..
I hope you feel better very soon!

Below is my weightloss ticker. This is not for the pregnancy weight to come off as it has pretty much all came off. The rest of it is just what I've been wanting to loose for a while now to get back to my healthier weight!

March 1st, 2010, 06:34 AM
thanks! I spent all day Saturday in bed pretty much! resting my eyes LOL....Jon took Sydney out and about running errands and then she spent some time with my MIL so I could rest. When she is home she won't allow me to rest she wants me up!! by Sunday I felt much better! I am still wearing my glasses though because I am afraid to put my contacts back in yet! Hopefully March brings better health with it, I feel like most of Feb either I was sick, Sydney was sick or DH was sick! come on spring!!

I can't believe we will be 27 weeks on Wed already!! only 13 weeks to go, Holy cow!! I need to get the nursery in order ASAP!! I feel very unprepared! How is Alba's nursery coming along? I was at Babies R Us yesterday and they had really cool closet organizers, I thought of you!
March 1st, 2010, 01:44 PM
ooo. Closet organizers!!! I completely forgot about wanting to get some of those. I need to go there and check them out!!!!
Im sorry you were sick. My dh had to come home early saturday from work, because he was sick and he ended up in bed from around 12pm-6pm, and up long enough to eat dinner and go back to bed around 8 and he slept till 12 sunday morning. He seems to be feeling a bit better today.

Other than the pressure (which is so much better today than yesterday) and my poor elbow, I guess Im doing ok.. I just feel so huge right now and I'm not really that big.

Holy cow. 27 weeks! wow! I just noticed our tickers moved up again today. It's in the 7th box (I think its the 7th).

Did you get anything good at Babies r Us. I have got to call my friend who is making baby Alba's coming home outfit and I found the cutest headband (its a crochet knit headband) with houndstooth on it which is what will match the dress.... but I have to call her because i told her I would buy the materials and I have no idea what all to buy!! lol

March 2nd, 2010, 06:01 AM
sorry your hubby was sick, seems like illness is going around all over!! I hope you feel better soon too!

I was at babies r us for a new monitor, I still use one with Sydney because she still wakes up at night and ours was picking up static and soooo annoying so I needed a new one, I wanted to find one that had 2 receivers one for Syd's room and then one for the new baby but they didn't have any like like that? I will have to check online. I also picked up some outfits for both Sydney and Evan LOL, I feel like Evan has no clothes yet!! It is so much easier to find girl clothes and I keep buying Sydney clothes constantly!! she is at an age now where she likes to pick out her clothes too, DH says I am creating a monster because I allow her to pick her clothes in the mornings now, usually I only give her a couple options but giving her choices really helps reduce tantrums! yesterday she went to school/daycare in black leggings, a hot pink shirt, purple socks and black patent leather shoes she was happy as could be LOL

the organizers they had were really cool, like the one I posted in your thread, and they had a lot of baskets and bin type things too!
March 2nd, 2010, 07:05 AM
well its snowing here. Schools are closed today..its been coming down for 3 hrs now..and you'd think wed have more to show for it but so far only an inch and a half.. The kids are happy.

We have to get a monitor too. We have an intercom system that you can use as a baby monitor but it will pick up EVERY room in the house too, so not sure about that.

I think its great to let them pick out their own clothes. I remember when Kalli first started doing that...She'd pick some of the craziest outfits but she was perfectly happy and I was way less stressed!

Boy clothes ARE hard to find... Goodness. Have you looked on Craigslist for any? We bought a ton from a friend of my husbands (for Alba) and she had a TON of barely used and some still new in tags boy clothes.... (Her son is 17 months).

JC Penny and Macy's usually has cute boy clothes, esp dress clothes!
Maybe you'll find some here soon. I can't believe our tickers moved up and we'll be 27 weeks tomorrow!

March 3rd, 2010, 05:29 AM
good morning! Happy 27 weeks, woot!! can't believe it, already!!!

I think this weekend I will check out the mall for some boy stuff, I was online looking at Old Navy and Children's Place but when I look at my cart it still has more stuff for Sydney than Evan LOL.....I think I will try Sears and Macy's and see what they have this weekend. One good thing about a summer baby is that they can wear a lot of onsies I guess? I had Syd in Feb so she was constantly bundled up, this will def be a change!

How is your week going? anything exciting going on? I have to go get my blood drawn after work today, to check iron levels and all that. Next week I have to get my Rhogam shot and then my next official appointment and u/s is 3/23.

this weekend I want to work on the nursery and have my office officially moved! I really want to get the nursery finished by the end of March!! I would like to spend weekends in April and May doing fun stuff with Sydney since those will be her last 2mo as an only child. We want to get to the zoo, Children's Museum and maybe even the beach if it is warm enough in May. I feel like we may miss out on some fun summer stuff this year with having a newborn so the more we do now the better I think!
March 3rd, 2010, 06:20 AM
I know exactly what you mean! I'd love to get to the beach before the baby comes, and we wanted to go spring break, which is the week after next but spring break at the beaches around here means a lot of high school and college partiers and its not exactly "family atmosphere"...so I doubt we'll get to do it.

yes, Summer babies are a lot differnt. They can wear LOTS of onesies...I did buy some long sleeved sleepers for Alba though, just incase its chilly in the car, or house or wherever we are.

I still have got to do something with her closet though. I am going today to hopefully see about some organizers..or something for her closet. We did buy a some hangers to hang more stuff in.. I'd love to get a little drawer set to put some clothes in, so I might need to look into that.....I think a cute little 3 or 4 drawer would work but it would need to be in white... and hopefully small enough to put in her closet...lol... if possible!

I'd also love to have EVERYTHING DONE by the end of this month, so all I have to do in April and May is Relax and spend time with my kiddos and hubby!!

March 3rd, 2010, 06:44 AM
I also bought a few long sleeved footed sleepers for Evan just because I wasn't sure what a baby born in June would wear LOL. I figured I would cover my bases and have a little of everything!

I hope you find the organizers you are looking for, can't wait to see Alba's closet when it is done!

I hear ya on the spring break thing, we are only a little over an hr from the Jersey and DE shores and about 3 from MD beaches, they don't get spring break action though because it is still too cold here. Usually in May they start getting busy. Memorial Day to Labor Day is prime time! We were planning a week long vacation at the end of June to the beach, we were going to rent a house with my parents and sister and BIL but I nixed it with Evan coming. I know we could of technically still went ahead and gone but I don't think I would have relaxed much with a 1 month old so we will try again next year!
March 3rd, 2010, 09:19 AM
Oh that sounds like a fun thing to do. Spend a week at the beach in June!! woohoo! That sounds WONDERFUL!
Maybe we'll get to go sometime this summer. Its still cold here too, so the beach in two weeks wouldnt have been good for us either.

Babies in June wear anything we put them in! lol. Depends mainly on if you are planning on spending a lot of time indoors our outdoors, Either way, if its hot, they need to be in the shade or protected from the sun, if your house is kept cool, then some long sleeves will be great.
We have a variety of stuff.
and I'll NEVER get her closet finished. I was just in there trying to figure out what in the heck I was doing..LOL I did manage to hang up some more clothes but I ended up just buying groceries and NOT buying any organizers... There is just so much stuff in that closet..LOL

Oh, by the way.. Since we are at 27w.. Are we considered THIRD Trimester yet?
I realize that as of yesterday, we were exactly THREE months from our due date...so I was just wondering?

Nevermind on that last part. Check this out:
Pregnancy Calendar Week 27 according to this. We are in the third trimester...

Last edited by Charizomai; March 3rd, 2010 at 09:22 AM.
March 3rd, 2010, 09:47 AM
yes I was going to say I think we are in the 3rd tri, I got a call from my insurance maternity case manager this morning,(they call me every month), and she was like wow you are in your 3rd tri already!! hard to believe! feels like I just POAS yesterday LOL
March 3rd, 2010, 11:45 AM
I know how you feel!
SO.. I attempted to work on the closet in Alba's room..
So far, this is the before pictures:

close up of same shot: see all the billions of clothes piled up underneath:

Otherside of closet: almost embarassing....cause it was so messy.

Now, after I put away ALL the clothes that were 6months+

and here are about 400 other peices of clothes, misc onesies, sleepers, etc..Plus an ENTIRE full load of infant hats, towels, washclothes is currently in my washer during this picture.

I know the pile doesnt look like a lot, but it really is.. I counted, so its def more than 300+ pieces of clothes. These are all between 0-6 months..

The top shelf (hanging clothes) are some dresses that Kalli wore but they range in size from 0=12 months as well.....
The bottom shelf (hanging clothes) is all 0-6 months.

Then in the basket to the side of the closet (wicker) is pants and some other onesies.

O and these baskets..are all basically FULL with everything, Onesies, Bibs, Socks and pants..lol.. plus I have more...just need a place to store them!

Last edited by Charizomai; March 3rd, 2010 at 11:50 AM.
March 4th, 2010, 10:04 AM
it looks great!! looks like you are getting everything organized! you have a lot of stuff for Alba LOL.....I don't have nearly that much, with Sydney I did though, her closet was full by this point. I plan on doing some shopping this weekend so hopefully I can start building up his wardrobe a bit.

This week has seemed so long to me, I am ready for the weekend!! any fun plans for the weekend?
March 4th, 2010, 12:13 PM
Tomorrow night is parents night out, through our church. The youth does a Kidwatch for a few hours so the parents can have a date night. Its a great thing! They try to do it once a month, then twice during Nov/Dec for Christmas Shopping.
So we are taking advantage of that tomorrow night as long as I feel up to it.
Right now, my back is KILLING ME. I've never had so much pain like this before except when I was in premature labor with my son 7 years ago...
Its only on one side and its the right side of my back. It hurts to sit, stand, walk, lay... Its tender to touch and just hurts nonstop.. So im not in a very great mood at the moment....

Any fun plans for you this weekend other than shopping?

March 4th, 2010, 12:21 PM
sorry you are still having pain, I have been having lots of aches and pains too, I feel like an old lady sometimes LOL.....I hope you feel better soon!

Sydney's daycare does "Parents Night Out" once a month too, we have never used the service though since I always feel guilty leaving her since she is already there 5 days a week, we actually rarely go out without her, although we are trying to start at least leaving her for a few hrs here and there with my MIL to get her used to not being with us while we are in the hospital having Evan, it is seriously one of my biggest anxieties. she loves going to daycare but being away from us at night gives me extreme anxiety LOL, I worry so much how that will work out!...I hope you feel better and are able to do a date night tomorrow!

my parents are coming to visit for the weekend, so other than shopping my goal is to have my office moved by Sunday, my dad has to run the cable and phone lines for me and change an outlet, my DH isn't good with stuff like that so I had to ask my dad
March 5th, 2010, 04:18 AM
Hey! That is what dads are for, right? To help their little girls out when we need it! I am hoping to see my parents. Its been a little over a month since Ive seen them! Everyone has been so busy that the time or two Ive planned to take the kids down the near 2 hr drive to see them, something has come up on their end and We had to cancel our plans. Saturday, DH bought tix for the Alice and Wonderfuland Movie that comes out today and we are taking the kids to see it. It looks wierd but they think the commercials are hilarious! I hope you are able to get your entire office moved!!!! I love home projects!! lol..

March 5th, 2010, 06:59 AM
I think Alice in Wonderland looks pretty neat! I love Johnny Depp! he is so odd that I find him intriguing and somewhat sexy LOL.....have a great time!!

I usually love home projects too, although while pregnant I don't seem to find them nearly as fun LOL
March 5th, 2010, 10:08 AM
yeah, same here with the home projects and pregnancy..LOL.

Johnny Depp is an awesome actor. Although, I have to say, I didnt care to much for the version of Charlie and the Chocolate factory that he was in...but I LOOOVED him in "Cry Baby' have you seen that movie. Its been out quite a while, but its seriously been my all time favorite movie since as long as I can remember. (Well, that and Top Gun..lol)

Oh and cant forget him as Jack Sparrow!

Ugh, My back is hurting really bad again today..Its so annoying that nothing will help that pain..
I Hope you have a great day. Its heating up here a bit today, Its suppose to get in the 50s..and in the 60s tomororw.. I can't wait. OUTDOOR WEATHER!

March 8th, 2010, 07:34 AM
Happy Monday!! how are you? how was your weekend?

We had a good weekend! My office is officially moved, now I am just waiting for someone to come pick up my old desk and then I can officially start on the nursery! My nephew (who is in college) is supposed to come get my old desk but he better get on the ball or it is getting donated LOL, I am done messing around, I just want the nursery done!!......I also went shopping this weekend, I bought Evan a bunch of clothes and finished up Sydney's spring/summer shopping. I had to get her sandals and Stride Rite was have a buy one get one 50% off sale, their shoes are pricey but they fit her feet really well and they are great quality. so that is done! yay!

your u/s is this week, right? can't wait to see the pics!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search