Charizomai & kimmiejo

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 16th, 2010, 08:29 PM
Charizomai's Avatar Mommy to Three!
well after a very long road trip. we made it.. IM exhausted! I did pretty well, I don't think the baby likes sitting for 10-11 hrs..LOL...but we are making it.. Heartburn is horrible right now though..........I hope you have a a fantastic week!!!!!!

I happily Breastfed Alba for 5 1/2 months!!!!

Below is my weightloss ticker. This is not for the pregnancy weight to come off as it has pretty much all came off. The rest of it is just what I've been wanting to loose for a while now to get back to my healthier weight!

March 17th, 2010, 08:18 AM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
glad you made it safe and sound!! enjoy your trip!!
March 17th, 2010, 04:30 PM
The pool at the vacation house is a salt water pool and its heated and the kids are LOVING it. Its in the 70s here and its overcast, so its cold when you get out of the pool but o so warm while you are in it. It has a huge screen cover over the entire patio, called a screened Lanai..Its really neat.... Im sitting here watching them swim and the smell off the pool reminds me of sitting on a balcony at the beach.Its nice. I think we are going to try Universal Studios tomorrow.....I wil not be able to do much but it'l be neat to watch the kids having a ball!! Its great here..LOL. I talked to my mom earlier and she said back home its in the 40s and very cold and overcast....so in the 70s is really nice for me!!! lol
hows your week going?
We are TWENTY NINE WEEKS TODAY!! WOOHOO!~

Below is my weightloss ticker. This is not for the pregnancy weight to come off as it has pretty much all came off. The rest of it is just what I've been wanting to loose for a while now to get back to my healthier weight!

March 17th, 2010, 07:30 PM
Happy 29 weeks! glad you are having a great time! it has been in the 60s and sunny here so pretty nice! we have been going to the park every day after work, it is so nice to get out and play!! we ordered the swingset today so it should be here by 4/7! yay! can't wait!! and this weekend I hope to have the nursery painted, I finished painting the trim today just need to do the walls! things are coming together!! Evan and Alba will be here in 11 weeks or less!! I can't believe it!! Have fun at Universal! sounds like a great time!
March 19th, 2010, 07:38 AM
Eleven weeks!! Im hoping for sooner, more like 9..LOL> I know its sad..like i said, jaden and Kalli both arrived at 37 and 38 weeks..so im really hoping for like 8 or 9 weeks.. lol That seems WHACKY that they are almost done in there!

Oh the Nursery, get some pics when you get it painted, I bet it will look great!!!!!
We are headed to the 2nd universal park today, its called Islands of Adventure, it has a lot of Dr. Seuss stuff.. I was SO EXHAUSTED yesterday when we got back, I sat in the pool for the longest just propped against the pool wall and I was so tired. You woul d think I would be sleeping better but my HIPS are KILLING me when I try to go to sleep. No matter which side I lay on it hurts SO BAD. My lower back hurts when Im sleeping too and Im getting up like 10x a night to use the bathroom and im not even drinking anything right before bed...lol.

The parks, I bet that is nice. Its suppose to be 75 here today and 78 tomorrow. (No parks tomorrow, just putt putt golf and pool and souvenir shopping).. Hoping to find a cute diaper bag or something for Alba here.
I bet Sydney is loving being able to go outside after all that snow!

March 19th, 2010, 09:08 AM
sounds like you are having a great time! I hear ya on the peeing, it is constant lately LOL!! weather is still great here! 70s today and tomorrow!! yay! my parents will be here tonight and are staying for the weekend so it should be a productive one for me, Sydney pays no attention to me when they are here LOL they spoil her too much but it gives me time to get stuff done without little hands helping I will take pics once the room is painted, then all I need are new blinds and curtains and an area rug and I think the room will be done!! yay!
March 20th, 2010, 10:40 AM
Im sure you will get a ton done this weekend! Have fun and don't overdo it! My kids are the same way when grandparents visit... I DO NOT want to leave here.. We are leaving out in the morning and I'm enjoying the weather and the pool SO MUCH. I love being weightless in the pool. When I'm in it, its the only time my back does NOT hurt.. Actually NOTHING hurts when I'm in the pool. There is this cute little lake that our pool overlooks.. I'm gonna miss this place. I keep telling DH we need to buy one just like it...in the future!!!! I'd be one of those old ppl that end up in FL to live.. Which is our long term plans anyway..... but how much I'd like to be here now.Its so nice. We are ONE hour away from Cocoa Beach (which is on the East Coast) and then about an Hour and a half away from the GULF beaches (known for their sugar white sand....emerald coast, as its called for the water and sand..its the prettiest beaches ever (well in my opinion) I beleive its port canaveral an hour and a half away. soemthing like that. Its beautiful there. So we are far enough away from the hurricanes, but far enough south that it doenst get extremely cold here..lol.. I really dont wanna leave! I'll try to get some pictures up. Im enjoying seeing my fave tree "The Palm" of all time everywhere we go though!!! Have a great weekend w/the parents!!!

March 21st, 2010, 12:10 PM
aww I am glad you had a great time! sorry your vacation is over!! I can't wait to see pics!!

well the nursery is almost completely done! yay! I just have to wash the bedding and get blinds and then it will be 100% done!! yay! my dad painted and then my mom, sister, Syd and I went shopping for curtains and an area rug. so glad it is done! it makes me feel so much more relaxed and prepared LOL....I will post pics probably tomorrow, I have to run the vacuum and get the bedding on first. yay I am so happy!
March 21st, 2010, 05:59 PM
well we are finally home and im exhausted. Luckily the vacation house had washer and dryer there so all the laundry is clean! So less to do, all we had to do was unpack and put clothes away. Im still exhausted. Being pregnant and riding in a car for 11 hours is NOT fun...LOL on the way home, I had a few painful contractions..They didnt feel like BH contractions either, they were extremely painful and each lasted about a minute and a half, to two minutes. OUCH.

Im so glad your nursery is almost finished..It does make it easier to relax! I need a rug for ours and monitors but that is pretty much all... IM so excited! My sil is set to be induced a week from tuesday...she had two daughters already and this is their first son! But they live 6 hrs away so I will not get to see baby (or them see Alba) till Christmas! Wow can you believe in a few days, we'll be 30 weeks!!!!!! INSANE!

March 22nd, 2010, 07:29 AM
glad you made it home safely!! sorry about the contractions, I hope they stay away!! I posted nursery pics on the main board, such a weight lifted to have it done!! I also can't believe we are 30 weeks already! I have my regular OB appointment tomorrow and a growth scan and then then in 2 weeks I have to start my 2x weekly non stress tests! it is all happening fast!! next project on my list is getting all the baby stuff out of the attic and wiping it down and cleaning it and setting it up. so glad we bought gender neutral with Sydney so we can use all the stuff again!
March 22nd, 2010, 11:37 AM
I know. I can't beleive the every 2 weeks visits are here already.! I just went two weeks ago and I go back on Wednesday, then in two weeks, I go back again.
Wow. you still have to get stuff out of the attic...O, there is no way I could even get into an attic right now let along be moving more stuff around. I feel so large right now and its so funnny to me, because im really not that big.. Im terrified Ive gained another 5lbs though. I only gained 14 with my first and lost 14 with my 2nd and this time around ive gained 11 so far... I really dont wanna gain a whole bunch because i'd like to loose it rather quickly. (dumb reason, right).. Plus Its so hard to get in and out of bed right now. Esp getting up several times a night. Our bed is really high and im using a stepstool to even get on the bed right now..its just so hard.

But i have to tell you, Sleeping in our own bed last night was WONDERFUL. I slept so good. The bed at the vacation home squeeked everytime you would take a breath in...lol So that was nice, but when we got back home it was COOOOLD and rainy and today it was in the 30s and there it was SNOWING again.. boo!! lol.
Its supposed to be up again in the 70s on wednesday or thursday. Our weather is bipolar..LOL...

March 22nd, 2010, 12:39 PM
^^I hear ya on the weather! it was 70s and sunny all weekend and now it is 40s and raining bummer!!

I won't actually be getting in the attic, DH will do that, our attic entrance is in a weird spot and sort or hard to get to. You have to use a ladder and there is no way my preggo butt is getting on a ladder LOL, so really he has to get the stuff down and then I will clean and organize it. We have a swing, playmat, carseat, bouncer, bumbo, pack n play and a jumperoo up there. Probably more stuff I am forgetting too! it will be like Christmas seeing what all we have LOL.....I can't decide if I want to buy a double stroller, I am so torn on this! Sydney generally likes to walk but ever since I got the travel system stroller out of the closet she wants to go for walks in it she used to hate getting in that stroller. I think she senses it is for the baby and she wants to establish that it is hers or something LOL
March 22nd, 2010, 12:46 PM
We bought a sit n stand stroller at a thrift store when Kalli was born. It had a neat space to put the carseat/infant carrier and then the older child had a small area on the back, where he could sit or stand. It was pretty neat. Jaden loved it for all of about 2 trips and then NEITHER one of our kids really wanted a stroller, As soon as Kalli could walk, that is all she wanted, or she wanted Daddy to hold her (still does). We managed to make it through the parks this year w/o renting a double stroller while we were there..Dh only had to carry Kalli about 10 minutes the entire trip. She walked the rest of the way. 2 years ago when we went to Disney, they both PASSED out in the double stroller..lol.

Its a hard decision..Sydney probably is trying to establish that that is HER stroller.. Kalli is LOVING to play with all of the baby stuff in Alba's room. Everything from the high chair, to the stroller to the pack n play and swing and bouncy seat. I think her baby dolls have taken over everything!!!

Its nice to know that Alabama weather isnt the only weather around that is Bi-polar at the moment!!!lol

March 22nd, 2010, 01:02 PM
see that's the thing I have a feeling I will buy a double stoller or even a sit/stand and we really won't use it. I think I will try not buying one and see how it goes I can always get one at a later date. We have a travel system that is like brand new and then we also have a Chicco lightweight stroller that we usually use for Sydney but she really prefers to walk most of the time. My initial plan was to use the stroller for Sydney as usual and wear Evan when we are out and about. We'll see if it works out that way.......but I do think this stroller thing right now is because she knows it is for the baby!! everytime we go to Babies R Us she is obsessed with the baby gear, we went 2 weeks ago and she was trying to get in the jumperoo thing LOL, she never even like hers when she was a baby
March 22nd, 2010, 02:27 PM
Kids are nuts!! lol. wearing Evan (I think I called him Ethan in an earlier post..oops..sorry) is a good idea!! I would 'not" buy one right away and just see how that goes..You are right though, you can always get one at a later date if you need one!
Well my little man just got home from school so I am going to let him and Kalli put some icing on the cake that Kalli and I made earlier and then let him do his homework! It smells so good.

March 23rd, 2010, 06:44 AM
no worries about calling him Ethan! Ethan is actually a name DH and I really liked but we have friends with a son named Ethan already

my growth scan and OB appointment are this morning at 10:30....I have a feeling I am going to need to start insulin for my GD soon, my fasting #s are yet again going up *sigh* oh well it is what it is......10 weeks or less to go!!
March 23rd, 2010, 09:40 AM
I hope to hear an update on your appt very soon! Its 10:35 here now so I know you're at the doc! I woke up this morning and logged into facebook and checked my email and then KABAM! my computer started having serious technical difficulties. It will not OPEN or load anything, not even the task manager, I ran my anti malware stuff because something else kept popping up saying all my files were infected, etcetc and the malware isnt detecting ANYTHING. I've ran it about 4x, I did the quick scan and the full scan, Basically I've been trying to get it fixed since about 5:45 this am. I called DH at work and he tried to talk me through it and we found out that even though Internet Explorer would not open in any way, but FIREFOX would. So I got firefox to open but it still will not let me download the software that i need to remove this trojan off of it. I finally turned off my comptuer for about an hour and just logged back on and now the errors are not coming up anymore, but Internet explorer keeps telling me It can't connect to the internet but yet again, Firefox is working fine! Ugh! Its nuts! But at least I'm not getting a pop up every 4 seconds telling me that certain files are infected. I know how these trojans work, they make you think you have to download a certain software that costs $$$ and then your computer is more messed up than it was before... Oh well. Luckily my DH is very computer savvy.. so hopefully we'll get it fixed tonight!

Oh and for the past hour, I've had some INTENSE pressure down there, its hurting so bad.. Almost like I need to take some Tylenol just to make it through the rest of the day.. Ugh

Well, I'm off to go finish another load of laundry.. My appt is tomorrow, but I hope yours went well today...maybe you wont need the insulin!

March 23rd, 2010, 10:02 AM
sorry about your computer! that stinks! I hate when stuff like that happens!

appointment went great, Evan is weighing in at 3lbs 8oz, 55th percentile, I gained 3 lbs for a total of 13 so far. BP and urine good! I just have to wait for the peri to call me about my fasting #s, they usually call on Tuesdays or Wed after reviewing my #s so we'll see! I start appointments every 2 weeks now and also in 2 weeks start my NSTs which I scheduled them all this morning from April 6th thru delivery! crazy! I will be going every Tuesday and Friday at 7:30am, that way I don't have to take time off of work!

sorry you aren't feeling great....try to rest and relax as much as you can!
March 23rd, 2010, 10:26 AM
I have my next 3 scheduled as well. Its nuts! Im sure when I go back, I can go ahead and shedule the last few appts. Its so nuts to think that in a little over 2 months, our babies will be here.....
How much time are you able to take off for Maternity leave? I know my SIL, who is being Induced on Monday morning, is only able to be off 6 weeks, and she is a kindergarten school teacher. She'll go back in time to be at school for the last couple of weeks and then she has the summer off. Which is a good thing...
I really need to find a cute pink rug to go in Alba's room, but I have no idea what kind I want..LOL.. She has wooden floors in there and its really slippery when you wear socks in there, we are always slipping around. Im thinking a pink one would be really cute, maybe a bright pink, but also any of the colors in her bedding would work too.. lol. Im so confused!

On another note, I am so glad your appt went well!! That is great that Evan is weighing in at 3lbs already! Woohoo!! and for only gaining 13 total!! Yay!!!!

March 23rd, 2010, 10:39 AM
Target has a lot of cute area rugs for little girls rooms! may be worth looking there! we have wood floors too so I know all about the slipping, last week I polished them and DH was sliding all over the place, he nearly broke his neck! guess I should warn him when I do that LOL

as for maternity leave I only get 6weeks for a vaginal delivery or 8 weeks for csection if I were to need one. it stinks! I can take up to 16weeks off but weeks 7-16 will not be paid, not sure if we can afford that unfortunately but I may take a couple extra weeks without pay maybe 2-3. I love my job, I make great money and I get to work from home but I do wish our maternity leave benefit was just a little bit longer, putting a baby in daycare at 6weeks just seems too early to me! with Syd we had a nanny come to the house for the 1st year and it worked great because I was here so I could see her and not worry about what was going on but this time around we can't afford a nanny and daycare and Sydney LOVES daycare/preschool! I cannot take her out now, she asks to go every morning and she has friends there and she just really enjoys it so we really don't have much of a choice but to start Evan in daycare early on. I may be able to arrange for my neighbor to watch him thru the summer, she is a teacher, then he wouldn't have to start until he was closer to 3months, we'll see!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search