Charizomai & kimmiejo

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 23rd, 2010, 09:48 AM
Charizomai's Avatar Mommy to Three!
O wow. I totally forgot that you get to work from home.. (I know know how I let that slip my mind). I use to work in insurance which is what I've done for as long as I can remember. My father owns his own independent insurance agency, so when I was old enough, I started working for him and I was a CSR for the longest. When my husband and I got married and we moved over an hour away, I decided to stay at home w/the kids (which IS hard w/only him working) but we've gotten use to it.
I'd love to work again and be able to bring in a decent income but I feel that we are doing okay right now. Plus, when I finally did manage to go take my Life & Health insurnace exam AND my Property & Casualty Insurance exam, I failed BOTH of them by less than 5 pts..Which is really annoying. But the tests were really hard and each question is so tricky. It just made me so mad because I've done that type of stuff for years and years and if you ask me, I know the answers to it, but when it comes to sitting in front of the computer screen at the state testing offices and having 3 out of 4 right answers but only ONE incredibly right answer...it gets annoying.. But oh well.. Maybe one day... I think it freaked me out more than anything and I felt like a HUGE failure but oh well.

I will definately check at Target. Maybe tomorrow, since I have to pass one on my way to my doc appt..

I happily Breastfed Alba for 5 1/2 months!!!!

Below is my weightloss ticker. This is not for the pregnancy weight to come off as it has pretty much all came off. The rest of it is just what I've been wanting to loose for a while now to get back to my healthier weight!

March 24th, 2010, 04:21 AM

Happy 30 Weeks!!!

I have a doc appt at 10:15 so I might not be on for a bit but wanted to wish us a happy 30 weeks today..... 10 or less now.

~*~* ~*~* ~*~* ~*~* ~*~* ~*~* ~*~* ~*~* ~*~* ~*~* ~*~* ~*~* ~* ~*

Below is my weightloss ticker. This is not for the pregnancy weight to come off as it has pretty much all came off. The rest of it is just what I've been wanting to loose for a while now to get back to my healthier weight!

March 24th, 2010, 05:38 AM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
YAY!! HAPPY 30 WEEKS!!! Good luck at your appointment!! can't wait to hear how it goes!!
March 24th, 2010, 09:59 AM
Everything went good. Babies hb which has been between 144-146 the entire pregnancy was up to 156 this time but she was kicking so thats probably why.
BP/Urine was fine. Alba was measuring perfectly on target for 30 weeks.
NO weight gain this time around which keeps me at 11 lbs gain (they were NOT happy about that) but what can I do. Im eating like a hog. lol.

However, all the pressure Im having is because baby is head down and 'engaged'. So the nurse joked she was engaged and ready for "take off". lol.

I guess thats good. But just means I have the pressure for longer, at least its not constant pain, it does come and go....but when it comes..OOOWWW

How are you today?

March 24th, 2010, 10:18 AM
I saw your post on the main board! glad all is ok! Evan's heartrate is anywhere from 130 to 160 I think it just depends what he is doing in there LOL.....I hear ya on the weight gain, my OB keeps telling me I need to gain more, my peri tells me I need to exercise more and I have to watch my diet like crazy, weight is the last of my worries right now!! I only gained 22 lbs with Sydney so I don't know what they expected this time around? I am on track to gain about the same this time. I am fine with that! the less I have to lose LOL

I feel pretty good, I went for a walk at lunch, it is chilly but sunny so it was nice to get some fresh air!
March 24th, 2010, 11:11 AM
Its sunny and nice out here too. I think its in the 70s today..then tomorrow or the next day its suppose to be back down in the thirties...Nutty weather.
I only gained 14 with my first, and lost 14 with kalli, so they are ALWAYS on me about weight gain...but im eating and baby seems healthy so its good.
Seems like a lot of pressure put on us to gain 25 or more lbs. My doc wanted me to gain 35...Ha! That would put me WAY over the charts...Im so ready to get back into shape. I am going to do my P90X workout, then follow it w/Insanity as soon as im released and ok to workout after Alba is born!

March 24th, 2010, 11:22 AM
yea I agree! they worry too much about weight I think. I am a smallish person 5'5" and normal weight for me is about 118, at my 1st OB appointment I weighed 121 and now I am at 134, they act like I am wasting away, I am far from it! I am just genetically small I can't help that LOL my whole family is! I am just not gonna worry about it! .....I can't wait to really start working out again, I have been walking and lifting light weights but I am ready to be back in shape again! it will be nice having a summer baby so I can get out and workout with him in tow! Sydney was born in Feb and I had cabin fever!! it was so cold we couldn't go out! this will be better!

I wish the weather would warm up and stay warm! I agree it is nutty!
March 24th, 2010, 01:38 PM
yeah, I'm a smaller person too... I am 5'0 but I'm more muscular from years and years of gymnastics, but still the average for me is around 125, but when Im in tip tip shape I'm around 115-120. However, even before I had this baby, I had put on some weight and its scary to say I'm weighing in at 148 at the moment. (I've never in my life been over 133). My metabolism started slowing down over the past year or so.. I can not wait to be in the 120's again...
Summer babies are great because we can get up and work out. I agree w/ that!

March 25th, 2010, 05:59 AM
Good morning! I wish it was Friday! this week is going super slow!! the sun is out but it is chilly, I am ready for 80 degree weather!! My neighbors daughter brought me over a bunch of cute spring/summer maternity stuff! now I want it to get warm so I can wear it LOL
March 25th, 2010, 08:09 AM
O that was very nice of her. it's 10:00 here and Dh is off of work, I got up at 5:40 and got Jaden off to school, then went back to bed because I have a HORRIBLE headache and just woke up about 20 minutes ago.. (long sleep).

Its rainy here such a dreary day. I miss the sun. O how I wish this headache would go away. Its hurting so badly. I hope you continue to have a great day!!!!

March 26th, 2010, 08:06 AM
Morning,TGIF! sorry to read that you had a bad night! Hope all is ok now and you are feeling betters!! HUGS!!

glad it is the weekend! not sure we are doing anything but at least no work! woot!
March 26th, 2010, 11:57 AM
woohoo for no work! I'm feeling much better today, still have a few cramps here and there and a few BHC but other than that, and a headache that seems to have popped up, im good. DD and I went to the store to pick up a few things and grabbed lunch (Fried Pickles)..yum! and now sitting at home trying to motivate myself to clean the kitchen...lol...

March 26th, 2010, 01:36 PM
glad you are feeling better! I have days where I have a lot of BH and cramps too! very uncomfortable!! hope they stay away for both of us!!

Tonight I think we will watch Toy Story with Syd, DH bought it today! and then tomorrow I think we may go to the "igary" aka the library LOL, she always says she wants to go so since it is going to be cold I think that might be a good plan!

I had high hopes to clean the kitchen at lunch today but I didn't get all that far, I just didn't feel like it oh well tomorrow is another day, it will get done sooner or later LOL
March 27th, 2010, 06:56 AM
I was finally able to get my kitchen clean, but that was all..LOL. it seems just barely moving around I start hurting and the pressure starts hurting really bad. Laundry is a Killer too.. All the bending and straightening to get the stuff out of the washer and put in the dryer. We have front loader machines too, and I thought that would be easier but I don't think it is....
Its suppose to be really nice out side today, Around 70 or so.. and sunny..im so excited. I hope my kids go out and play for a long long long long time! Then the storms come back the next couple of days. Not so fun!
I hope you had fun watching Toy Story with Syd!!!! We love those movies!

March 27th, 2010, 10:02 AM
We ended up watching Toy Story 2, DH bought the combo pack so I put the 1st on in her Easter basket since I felt like I needed one more thing in there LOL.....she seemed to really like it! so far today we have been to Lowe's, the grocery store and AC Moore. we also took a walk around the block in her Tot Rod! it is chilly but sunny so it weather could be worse I guess. She is napping now and then I think we will go to the Library for a bit. I should be cleaning now but I am not LOL.....I did mop the kitchen this morning though so I did something at least. Hope you have a wonderful weekend! doing anything fun?
March 27th, 2010, 12:36 PM
Nothing fun that I know of! Church tomorrow. Today is nice here, so the kids have actually been in the backyard playing for the last 2 1/2 hours. They did come in for lunch (Corn & Chicken Chowder soup, and a Grilled Turkey and Havarti Cheese sandwhich).. It was delicious!, but they went back out. They are loving the warmer weather and I have so many windows that no matter where I am in the majority of the house, I can look and see them in the backyard.
I cleaned the kitchen and made another small cake (the one Kalli and I made, was all gone, so I had another box, but this one is chocolate..probably should have made it but I really wanted it)... I am thinking, if I can reach my toes without putting to much pressure on my stomach, I'd like to paint my toes...

Ive managed to wash a couple of loads of clothes and now onto the towels, and my back is hurting o so bad!!!!

Any big plans for you guys for tonight and tomorrow?

March 29th, 2010, 07:37 AM
Happy Monday! we had a nice weekend! didn't do anything exciting, a trip to the park, errands, Sydney is really into painting lately so she spent hrs yesterday painting since the weather was not that nice and we couldn't really go outstide. then we went to the fresh fish market and got seafood for dinner, clams and crabcakes, YUM! well I don't like clams but crabcakes I love! ....suppposed to be rainy the next few days and by thursday tempt in the high 70s and low 80s! yay! finally!! and then next weekend we will be at my parents for Easter for the whole weekend and then next Tuesday my non stress tests start 2x per week, I will be going every Tuesday and Friday until I deliver! won't be long now!

yum cake sounds so good!! I miss being able to eat junk food every now and then! oh well soon enough my GD will be gone, I think I will have DH bring me a milkshake to the hospital after I deliver LOL
March 29th, 2010, 04:11 PM
Milkshake after baby is born, is a must!! lol
My sis in law and bro had their son today. They are 6 hrs away and she was induced, Her due date is April 3. But he was 20 1/2 inches long, 6 lbs, 13 oz.
But, the baby was born around 12:30 and at 3:30 I talked to my parents who went down for the birth and NO ONE except my brother had even been allowed to see the baby or his wife. NOthing was wrong or anything, but they at 3:30 were JUST putting her in her own room and my brother was about to give the baby its first bath. IT took 3 HOURS for them to get her out of recovery and into a room and its 6:10 now and i still havent seen a picture (usually they text us pics or something) but my dad said that since NO ONE other than my brother had even been allowed back, he probably hadnt had time. I've never heard of that.
After both of mine were born, my parents or husbands parentrs, as long as I allowed it, were allowed in recovery and could see the baby...

Anyway, im just an anxious aunt. Its their first son and they have 2 daughters, but I wanna see my handsome nephew!! lol

March 30th, 2010, 08:02 AM
yay congrats to your brother and SIL!! that is weird about allowing family back, when I had Sydney they allowed my MIL to come back pretty much as soon as she born! crazy they wouldn't allow them back!! How exciting to be an aunt again!! in our family DH and I are the last to have kiddos, Evan will be the last grandchild on both sides.

so tomorrow 31 weeks!! yay we are now in the single digit countdown! woot!

It is raining again, actually pouring! our backyard looks like a pond!
March 31st, 2010, 04:20 AM
hey!@ Well we found out why they wouldnt let anyone else back. When He was born, he had the cord wrapped around his neck and they had some trouble getting all the fluid out of his lungs..so he had a tiny bit of trouble adjusting to life in the new big world, but after about an hour, his mom finally got to hold him and I guess around 4 they let all the rest of the people go back and then around 6ish I finally recieved a picture of my little nephew. He has the most BEAUTIFUL complextion/color I've ever seen!

Yesterday, dh was off work so we, and kalli rode around town doing basically nothing.. Then last night at dinner, I sat down at the table wrong and I started getting horrible cramps in my side, The baby has been moving ALL NIGHT LONG. and since she is so low, you can feel her moving right at the hair line and its the wierdest thing ever! But all night long I was cramping and my back back has been hurting and everynow nad then I'll get a lightning twinge like pain go through my abdomen and it just hurts.. I feel so SICK this morning at my stomach too, which is really wierd as well... I didnt sleep at ALL last night, I tossed and turned and just everything hurts. I may actually have to call the doc in a few hours when they open and see what they say... Im good at telling others what they shoudl do in situations regarding pregnancy but when it comes to me I HATE to whine about pains and stuff. I try to be all tough and although My DH knows im hurting, I half the time don't let him know the extent of the pain, but I ended up keeping him up last night because I could tell he wasnt sleeping much at all.. and he had to head off to work early this morning.... I dont like being a nuisance or anything to the docs but I think I might just have to call. I am TERRRIFED of being or starting preterm labor like I did with my first, so I think that is whats causing all the parnanoia!......How's your day going?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search