Anickel & enchantingdragon

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 27th, 2010, 11:11 AM
Momeejenjen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Momeejenjen
Name: (First name) Amy
User Name: anickel
Due Date: June 7, 2010
Boy/Girl/Unknown: unknown; may find out Feb 2nd
Marital Status: married
What # Pregnancy is this for you? 1
How many children do you have? 0

Name: (First name) Jasmine
User Name: enchantingdragon
Due Date: June 10th
Boy/Girl/Unknown: Surprise till June
Marital Status: Married
What # Pregnancy is this for you? 1st after a loss
How many children do you have? Just furbabies for now
January 27th, 2010, 12:09 PM
enchantingdragon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi Amy!
February 4th, 2010, 05:21 PM
anickel's Avatar Loves her little Liam
HI!!!!!!!!!!! Ok sorry I didn't know this was up until just now! I'm dumb! WOOHOO!

February 5th, 2010, 05:58 PM
No worries How are you feeling?? Are you excited about having a boy???
February 6th, 2010, 05:06 PM
I'm feeling much better these days (sickness-wise)!!! .. however I can barely stand the numbness and shooting pain in my ribs. I wish I knew exactly what was causing it (kicking? uterus growing?) The strange thing is that the tingly numbness started well before I started showing (probably 7-8 weeks) so there's something going on in there.
Anyway, yes we're excited that it's a boy! ... buuut being a girl myself, I'm terrified since I know very little about boys. As soon as we found out, I started trying to convince myself that it would be great since it's so out of my realm of familiarity. But I also know that if I'd found out it was a girl, I would have done the same rationalizing since there are plenty of inherent fears of having a girl too! so really, both are GREAT... aaaand SCARY! hahahaha
You're on team green, right? I wish I had that self-control
How are you feeling these days? Anything new?

February 10th, 2010, 12:53 PM
I get these weird side pains too now and then. It happens when I wake up and stretch sometimes or if Im sitting in my computer chair for too long or maybe from the way I sit? I wonder if its like mini contractions. I read in a book that says you will start to have tiny contractions as a way for your body to get ready for the real thing. I dunno. I am seeing my Dr Friday so maybe Ill ask her then.

A boy is going to be wonderful! I know I saw somewhere that you said your husband would have to take them to hockey. My DH is a huge New York Rangers fan. I know he would be dying to have a child who loved hockey as much as he did. What team does your DH like?

How many kids do you guys think you will want to have?

Yes Im on Team Green. Sometimes its hard but as the days and weeks tick closer I realize it wont be that much longer so just keep hanging in there.
February 11th, 2010, 09:18 PM
Yay! Team Green is good and I'm glad you are able to stay strong!

Ya ask your doc about that and let me know what she says!

DH likes Colorado Avalanche and I'm not much of a fan personally. I actually don't mind watching Olympic hockey or something else when the sport itself matters so that the players stick to the actual game instead of blurring it with boxing. If I wanted to see grown men fight, I'd turn on UFC! ha!

We don't know how many we'll have yet. DH is an only child and likes it. I have one brother and like having that companionship. So we're somewhere in between. I don't think we'd have more than 2 though. How about you?

I see that you are into crafts! That's so cool - your things are so cute. Is there a story behind the cute giraffe?

OH AND guess what!? One of my best friends had a baby today!!!! 4am! The little one's name is Ethan. Which is a great name .. and was on our short list.. soo... I think that one is out now. oh well, we'll come up with something good... I hope!!! And her labour was only THREE HOURS LONG, start to finish! No time for any meds. Wowza! She was 8cm by the time they admitted her to the hospital! And she called me at like 8am and chatted like nothing was different! I was amazed. She even said she'd been walking around (despite just a few stitches).. So that's encouraging, right?! YAY!!

Last edited by anickel; February 11th, 2010 at 09:21 PM.
February 13th, 2010, 02:50 PM
My Dr said its probably round ligament pains. It makes sense I guess because it is mostly on the sides. My appointment was good all my tests came back normal and baby looked good.

Congrats to your friend!! How exciting!!! Wow what a great labor story. I hope we all can have it happen so nicely! Ethan is a great name! What names are you guys thinking right now?

Have you started registering or putting together the nursery yet?

Oh Im the opposite of your DH. Im an only child too but because of this I want a lot of kids because I felt so left out as a child. Family vacations were terrible with just my parents and I also worry about what happens once they pass and Im alone. Its something I think only children think about at a much earlier stage then kis with siblings. I dont want my kids to go through those worries. On the plus side though as an only child you do get undivided attention (not always good when something bad happens like a broken vase) and more things. As a child all my friends wanted to come to my house to play since I always had the most and newest toys. I would like to have 4 children my husband wants 3 so I think thats the plan. Our plan is to have 2 of our own and to adopt any further children from China. Im Chinese and I read an article about what happens to baby girls in China when I was in 6th grade (we had to pick a news article and dog a report) and it made me want to adopt from there. Afterall Im a Chinese girl. What if my parents had been in China instead of American when they had me? This has been a life goal of mine since then and luckily my husband loves the idea. So if we have more then 3 we will continue to adopt.

Thanks. Im trying to make crochet toys now. Im meeting with moderate success though I hope to be improving soon. I have so many ideas and its hard to contain them all and take my time to finish one before starting another. I have ADHD so I assume its partially to do with that.

I have loved giraffes since I was a kid. DH and I always knew we wanted our first baby to be a surprise so when it came to planning a nursery I thought a giraffe nursery would be so cute. Its nice and gender neutral and I love them to boot! When I got pregnant I thought it would be fun to chronicle all the events and people that happened the 9 months before Jellybean's birth. My husband and I went to the Philly Zoo right before we found out we were pregnant and he bought me a little giraffe there which we named Gus after one of the giraffes at the zoo and thus the title of the blog became Jellybean and Gus. I just think its a cute way of documenting these months.

Wow I wrote a novel sorry!
March 6th, 2010, 08:07 PM
HEY!!!! SORRRRY I've been M.I.A. ... I'll try to get pics up of our new house sometimes soon but it's too messy right now since we have boxes all over the place!
No we haven't started the nursery yet so that's one thing we need to get on. Have you? We were out looking at strollers today and we started over toward the cribs and I was too overwhelmed to continue looking. But I did get to exchange a pair of pants my in-laws bought me and got a pair of fantastic new maternity jeans so i'm happy with that

No we haven't registered for baby stuff yet... you? I feel so behind because of the move, we've been focusing on just getting our existing things in order.. no time to think about new things yet!

Yes my friend is doing really well! She's told me some funny stories, including that Ethan apparently tried to write his name in the wall with pee... hahahahahaha oh well... Yes I like the name Ethan too. We're not sure about names yet.. we're playing around with some like Liam, Nixon, Braxton, McLaren, .... Since we're having a boy (so they tell me), we're not really considering girl names right now. But you're on team green, right? So what names are you thinking?

Wow I love your plan for future children!!!! What a cool idea. My best friend is also an only child and she was born in China. Her parents left for safety reasons during a difficult time for students (I believe it was related to Tiananmen Square). They brought her here when she was 7 or 8 and she had to join our school system with NO English - it must have been insane for her. But by graduation, SHE won the English award (even though *I* deserved it hahaha) and I still bug her about it to this day But she's gone back to visit family and she says it's very different there, especially if you're a girl. There are so many challenges. Is your DH Chinese too? Do you speak Cantonese or Mandarin? What aspects of your culture do you think you'll try to instill in your new baby?

I'm not sure I know yet what you and your DH do for a living? As for us, I'm a teacher and my DH is an engineer. We're so busy that I feel like I need to start my maternity leave right now to get everything done in time for June!!! EEK!

March 8th, 2010, 06:24 PM
Hey welcome back! Im so glad to hear the cyst is getting smaller. How is that rib pain going? I have general discomfort and sometimes when baby kicks it feels a bit off but nothing too bad.

Cant wait to see your new place. Im jealous. I wish we were moving to a house (we live in a condo we bought right by our wedding almost 4 years ago) My DH did some major overall on this place over the last few years so it looks better I just wish we had a yard so my dogs had a place to play and I wouldnt have to walk them everyday.

The nursery is still the spare bedroom. I plan on cleaning it out in about a month and starting to make it look like a nursery. My mom is getting us the crib so when she orders that we will get started on the room.

I like your name choices especially Braxton! We have names chosen already for a boy and a girl. For a boy its Drake Robert and for a girl Juliet Rosalie. I picked these names out a while ago and am so excited to finally be able to have one!

I speak Mandarin. My parents moved from China to Taiwan when they were little kids as part of the escape from the Communist Revolution. Taiwan is a democratic country and my grandpa when he was alive was part of the first government (Secretary of Treasury I think) so we identify ourselves as Taiwanese politically even if we are Chinese (from China) originally. My DH is not Chinese, he is an American mutt. His family came over on the Mayflower its crazy. I hope to teach my children Chinese though it might be a lost cause as my own Chinese is terrible. I am going to give it a go though as well as instill what parts of the culture I can. My mom lives 20 minutes away so I am sure she can help too.

I am a nanny though Im training to be a sign language interpreter working in school systems. Right now nannying works best for me as in September I can work and bring Jellybean with me to work too. My kids are older (14 and 11) so they need a driver and tutor more then a hands on babysitter so I can work, make money, and raise child. Its a win win win situation so Ill be sticking with this for a little while longer.

My DH is a teacher. He teaches high school physics.
March 22nd, 2010, 05:50 PM
HI! .....Ridiculous.... I know... SORRYYY I've been all over the road and M.I.A. for awhile AGAIN .. sorry! I cannot believe how busy we've been. On the plus side, we now have blinds! We installed them ourselves and they look pretty good; I'm just happy to take the paper off the windows We also got a stroller and carseat! We went with the Chicco Cortina in Luna. Have you bought your stroller and/or carseat yet? This whole moving while almost having a baby thing is realllllly difficult to juggle. And throw into the mix the fact that I'm constantly grading papers and have parent-teacher interviews this week? aaaaargh.

The rib pain is either getting a bit better or I'm just so used to it that I don't notice as much! HA! I'm definitely getting huge though. ugh. it's annoying...
But this weekend I had to go to the hospital to get examined because of some bleeding.. booooo! It was kinda scary and I was not sure what they would do once I got there. But they took me straight to the Fetal Assessment Unit and they hooked me up to a fetal monitor to make sure there were no signs of distress. Everything looked pretty good and the bleeding stopped. Except that they did notice some small contractions which I don't know much about since I couldn't really feel them. strange! Have you had any contractions yet? Or any other complications?

Our nursery is still not at ALL done yet. As we were sitting in the hospital, I was thinking "OMG what if there's some reason he needs to come now...? We don't even have a crib!" - I need to get on that too. I'm staying home from work tomorrow though to get some rest so maybe I can surf the internet a bit. What kind of crib did your mom order? That's really nice of her! What will be your colour scheme?

OOH I like your names! There is something simply beautiful about 'Juliet'! Very nice. We haven't put much thought into names for a while. We still like Braxton but everyone thinks of the contractions when they hear it. I also like Liam but it's just so hard to settle on something ... it's just so permanent!!!!

That's so cool about your culture! Your child will sure have an awesome heritage story to tell!!! My friend speaks Mandarin too and it's so funny to hear her talk to her mom. Even when they're having the most calm, rational conversation, we all wonder what they're fighting about haha! It seems like a really difficult language though with all the different intonations. She taught me a little but I was a bad student.

It's a great thing that you can take your little one to work with you! Wow you speak Sign Language TOO! crazy stuff! that's very cool!

May 21st, 2010, 06:10 PM
He's HEEEEEEEEEEERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry I would have contacted you sooner but I didnt' know how to get ahold of you from the hospital.... It was CRAZY but GREAT! I'll post it all under "Birth Stories" as soon as Liam lets me That's his name - Liam! We decided the moment we saw his face

May 21st, 2010, 08:02 PM
AMY!!! Im so happy for you!!! Im so sorry Ive been such a bad due date buddy. Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Liam is a beautiful name! How is motherhood?!?!? I cant wait to hear more about it. Im still praying here Jellybean stays put for a little longer lol!
June 21st, 2010, 06:31 PM
JASMINE - HOW ARE YOU????? I haven't been on here much at all lately because I barely have time to feed and bathe myself... but I wanted to know how YOU are doing? DO YOU HAVE A BABY????????

July 2nd, 2010, 09:09 PM
Amy Im a terrible due date buddy. I did have a baby! Drake Jonathan was born on June 4 at 4:19 AM. He is a month old today! Im having a hectic time but ok overall How are you and Liam? I posted Drakes birth story up if you wanted to read it. Anything new with you?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search