Boble & J_n_JsMommy

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 27th, 2010, 11:14 AM
Momeejenjen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Momeejenjen
Name: (First name) Belinda
Due Date: 10th June
Boy/Girl/Unknown: unknown
Marital Status: married
What # Pregnancy is this for you? pregnancy #5 (3 m/c's)
How many children do you have? 1, Malachi, aged 10

Name: (First name) Kathryn
User Name: J_n_JsMommy
Due Date: June 14, but we are considering induction sometime from 37-40wks
Boy/Girl/Unknown: we will know hopefully thursday 1/14!
Marital Status: married
What # Pregnancy is this for you? 3rd. Our 2nd baby Joey was stillborn 4/4/09 at 40w2d
How many children do you have? 1 on earth, Jamie...he's 5.5, and 1 who is with God
January 27th, 2010, 11:54 AM
Super Mommy
Hi!!
Jamie ~ 7-12-04 ~ fun, crazy, transformer loving tough-guy mama's boy
and
Joey ~ 4-4-09 ~ born sleeping ~ held under my heart for 40wk1d, in my arms for just 6 short hours but he will be in my heart forever
And finally holding my little girl,Felicity Rose, Born into Daddy's loving hands on June 9, 2010

February 3rd, 2010, 05:31 PM
Boble's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
oh hello! sorry I have only just noticed this! haha.

Thank you kiliki for my gorgeous siggy!
February 7th, 2010, 11:02 AM
Super Mommy
lol no big deal! I always forget to check in here I just noticed your siggy, I love the names you have picked out! My living son's name is James How are you doing?
and
Joey ~ 4-4-09 ~ born sleeping ~ held under my heart for 40wk1d, in my arms for just 6 short hours but he will be in my heart forever
And finally holding my little girl,Felicity Rose, Born into Daddy's loving hands on June 9, 2010

February 8th, 2010, 02:14 AM
thanks its nice to have some names finally picked out

Im going well. I have finally popped out so im a bit excited about that

How are things going with you? do you have names picked? I just noticed this bub is your rainbow baby. *hugs* I hope that things this time are just perfect for you!

February 25th, 2010, 07:39 PM
Super Mommy
Sorry, As I said I keep forgetting to check this thread.

This babygirl will be Felicity Rose She is our rainbow baby, and her name means joy/happiness...she has already brought so much of this back into our lives. Also, we're Catholic, and I looked up St. Felicity and she is the Patron Saint of Parents who have lost a child...how freaky is that? We didn't find that out AFTER we picked it!

As you can see from my siggie it has only been just under 11months since I gave birth to Joey so I feel like I've been pregnant forever!

And this is a rainbow baby for you too! Do you visit PAL at all? I go there sometimes but mostly I hang out on the Stillbirth and Pregnancy Loss board (although I do briefly read through our ddc daily to see whats up)

How old is your son Malachi? Is he excited? Jamie is 5.5...he's excited now although he was disappointed at first that baby is a girl lol.

Hope you are feeling well! I can't believe there is only 15wks to go! This pregnancy really has gone a lot faster than I expected.
and

February 26th, 2010, 02:19 AM
hehe I would forget to so i have signed up to the thread so it will tell me when there is a message (I would forget just about anything without a little help lol)

Felicity Rose is a gorgeous name! And the meaning suits her perfectly! And the saint name too - wow! Just perfect!!!!

I do drop by the PAL board but haven't dropped by for ages. I have been so busy with work that I haven't really been on JM at all for the last couple of weeks.. except to quickly read through. The girls on PAL are great though so I do try to drop by and offer my support to people who need it and catch up with some of the lovely mummies I know from TTCAL.

Malachi is soooooooooo excited about our bub. He wanted a little brother too but he understands that you get what you are given hehe. He is going to make the most awesome little brother and I can't wait to see him with his new brother or sister I bet Jamie is going to be a great big brother too!!!!

I've been feeling great! Im really enjoying this pregnancy. I was telling someone today that I have such an appreciation for pregnancy. i dont care that Im not sleeping well, or getting heartburn, or needing to duck to the toilet more often its all so worth it! It is amazing that there is only 15 weeks to go. I swear it was only the other day that I was 15 weeks pregnant - let alone with 15 weeks to go... so - 17 weeks at most for me (if this baby is stubborn )

will you be trying for a natural birth or a c-sec?

I'm hoping for a natural birth. Malachi was a 5 hour labour and I had him naturally so hoping for the best.. but im also very scared of birth. Oh well - they have to come out some how

February 26th, 2010, 06:26 AM
Super Mommy
I totally missed that your ds's age is in your siggie! He's going to be a big help!

We had ds1 in a birth center in the water...it was so peaceful! It was a 24hr labor start to finish but I was only in active labor for 7hrs (5-10cm) and it was only about 3hrs of really really hard labor.

ds2 we induced with pit because he had passed and though I wasn't feeling any contractions I was 3cm. It was 18hrs from the start of the pit but again I only had about 3hrs of active labor (3h45m from 5cm - birth) and I didn't have any pain meds.

I'm back with my midwives with this one...I had switched to perinatologists and switched hospitals because ds2 had an omphalocele which is where the abdominal wall doesn't form properly so we needed more monitoring and a better NICU. But this little girl is healthy healthy healthy!

So with the midwives, If I go into labor on my own before 39wks (I'm not expecting this though because ds1 was born on his due date by chance, and I was induced with ds2 the day after my due date) I can use the birth center again like with ds1. If I don't then we will be induced at 39wks but we are hoping for an otherwise unmedicated birth again. We will also talk about induction earlier if emotionally I can't handle being pregnant anymore or there is any inkling that baby isn't still perfectly happy in there. I just don't want to be pregnant on my due date ever again!

I'm jealous of your 5hr labor! Hopefully it will be quick again for you!
and

February 26th, 2010, 03:37 PM
I wish our hospital did water births... but unfortunately not. We are with the midwifes too. My dr delivered Malachi but she doesn't deliver anymore - which sucks, I would love to have her there... more so to stitch me up afterwards then anything else. But I will just have to get fixed up by whoever is there (I tore quite badly with Malachi so they have told me to expect that I will tear again, youch!)

wow being induced at 39 weeks. I hope you do go into labour before then just so you dont have to to be induced but it sounds as though in any case you will be well looked after, which is fantastic!!!! So that means the most that you have left of this pregnancy is a little over 14 weeks WOW!!!

I have at most a little under 17 weeks to go. I want to go for as long as is healthy before talking induction because Malachi was 10 days overdue. So I want to give this bub a good chance to make its way out by itself. Im sure they will let me go a full 2 weeks, well, thats what I hope anyway but I haven't really had a chance to discuss with my dr or middys yet. Thats what the "rules" were with Malachi... although over 10 years on the rules may have changed!

February 28th, 2010, 07:40 AM
Super Mommy
yes counting weeks gets me a little nervous it sounds so close! 3.5 months sounds much farther away than 14wks!! And my induction will be with the midwives so I'm glad about that...I'm visiting the Natural Child Birth forum a lot lately and they have had several discussions about inductions and how to make them more "natural", such as having them turn down or turn off the pit after a regular contraction pattern is established. I like that idea. With ds2 they thought the pit wasn't working, so they took me off, broke my water, then started a new bag of pit right up at the max of 20 even though I'd been off it for a bit! So the end of labor with him was horrid with even the pushing contractions one right on top of the other. With ds1 where it wasn't augmented, the pushing contractions spaced out and gave me time to rest between.

Also, just because you tore with one doesn't mean you'll tear with the next! If you can when you are pushing try to do as much breathing and small grunty pushes as possible...not the "chin to your chest hold for a count of 10" pushing. I pushed like that for ds1 and I got a 2nd degree tear. With ds2 I pushed once then basically breathed him out. Granted he was very small at only 5lbs but I didn't tear and the nurse said mostly it was because I didn't push much so he was coming out very gently. I"m hoping to have a similar experience this time.
and

March 2nd, 2010, 07:14 PM
thats fantastic that you have gotten some tips as to how to make your induction more "natural" I didnt think to check over there. I should have a look (particularly with me being so scared about the whole thing im such a sook haha) Your 2nd induction sounds so full on! I hope that next time things will be a little easier.

Thanks for the tips. I hope that maybe next time I wont tear as much if I do tear... but i have decided not to worry about it too much now because its still a while off and no point working myself up about it I hope your experience this time is a tear free one too

How are you feeling with your pregnancy? It must be a very scary at times for you.

I had a bit of a scary day yesterday. My dog jumped up and got me with a double paw hit right in the tummy. then bub was very quiet all day and I had increased CM. I was contemplating going to get checked out and just at that point I started to get some good strong movements again which put my mind at ease. Bub is back to its normal wriggly self again today

April 15th, 2010, 03:36 PM
Super Mommy
Sorry its been so long. I'm just going crazy here I'm so busy!

Wanted to check in though, how are you doing?
and

April 16th, 2010, 03:26 AM
how funny! I was only thinking of this thread today and checking in. I have been so so busy as well! I have been on holidays which has been sooo nice! But back to work on Monday and back to reality! 5 weeks before maternity leave starts!

I had a dr appointment today and my FH is measuring behind by around 4 weeks.. so i have to go and have a scan next week sometime to check on growth of bub. Dr thinks all will be ok. This is just a precaution.

How is everything going with you???

April 16th, 2010, 06:07 AM
Super Mommy
well at least you get to see baby again! I know many people don't like getting ultrasounds...and part of me feels like maybe we shouldn't have so many when they're not always absolutely necessary, but they are still fun! Hopefully baby was just scrunched up or in a funny position and thats why you were measuring a bit small.

I'm doing well...flunked my 1hr Glucose test but passed the 3hr so thats good. I was on school break this week too and my ds had school so I got a lot done which is nice. I'm definitely not looking forward to work Monday though.

I can't believe we are getting so close to our dates! I'm going to be induced between 37 and 39wks and 37w is only 5.5 wks away! That freaks me out a little bit lol. But the date of induction changes depending on which doc I see in the practice, or which midwife. The midwives tend to go more towards 39w and the doctors go more towards 37 so I have a feeling its going to depend on who I see at that 37w appointment lol. Funny how the opinions are SO different.

ANyway, gotta get the little guy to school (we have to drive him every day, no bus to our neighborhood as he goes to a Catholic School in another town). Its his last day before his april vacation. I think he's more than ready, yesterday he got a sad face for acting silly in gym class...apparently like 3 other boys did too. Oh well! He's a boy and he's 5. He's bound to be silly at times!
and

June 2nd, 2010, 03:32 AM
hi there! sorry I have been MIA. Work got sooo busy at the end, training my replacement (who was a couple ****** bag!!) and then just your normal pregnancy tiredness. Im so glad im on maternity leave!

How are things with you?? do you have an induction date?? or have i missed the birth of your baby??? I hope that its not far off for you if you haven't had her and if you have - CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

im 39wks tomorrow and no sign of baby coming yet.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search