Voodoo Lady & *Amy*

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 27th, 2010, 11:16 AM
Momeejenjen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Momeejenjen
Name: (First name) Christy
User Name: Voodoo Lady
Due Date: June 14
Boy/Girl/Unknown: unknown, but I'll post gender after my u/s
Marital Status: Married
What # Pregnancy is this for you? first
How many children do you have? two others, both female weiner dogs. This will be first human child!

Name: Amy
User Name: *Amy*
Due Date: 6/18
Boy/Girl/Unknown: Unknown right now
Marital Status: Married
What # Pregnancy is this for you? 2
How many children do you have? none
January 28th, 2010, 10:10 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Just wanted to say hi and I can't wait to get to know you over the coming months.
February 2nd, 2010, 10:31 PM
Voodoo Lady's Avatar Latin & Greek Professor
Hi there! I'm looking forward to getting to know you too!

I've been revising my baby registry over the past couple of days, so I've been scarce. I'm not even sure if anyone is throwing me a shower - a friend and student of mine mentioned doing one when I first got pregnant, so I made a registry at Target. Are you making one?

Christy

February 3rd, 2010, 04:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yeah, I registered but I probably won't have a shower. It's more for family who want to get stuff for the baby and for myself to keep organized on what I need to get still. I registered at Babies R Us. Plus, I figure even if no one buys anything from it it's still fun to go look at stuff and they give you coupons and free stuff which is always nice.
February 5th, 2010, 10:13 AM
Going for my monthly prenatal exam in about 15 minutes - going to get the "official" results from the ultrasound I had two weeks ago. I get to find out if that corpus luteum cyst has disappeared or not!

Christy

February 5th, 2010, 11:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Good luck! I hope it's cleared up and that everything is a-ok with the baby!
February 7th, 2010, 07:55 PM
Went to the checkup - totally forgot to ask about the corpus luteum. The doctor seemed really pleased with everything, so I can't complain.

The women's clinic I'm at doesn't see pregnant women after 6 months, so I see them one more time, then they transfer me to some midwives in town. I'm a bit nervous because my doctor won't recommend any specific one - she just handed me a bunch of numbers.

We have to decide whether we want the natural birth at the birthing center at the local hospital, or whether we want a home birth. The problem is that I don't feel like I have all the information, like statistics and stuff, that I want so far.

Have you got your birth plan worked out with your doctor/midwife?

Christy

February 8th, 2010, 05:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Glad to hear your appt. went well!

I don't see any one specific doctor/midwife where I go. It kind of sucks in some aspects but in others it's nice since you get whoever is on duty when you go to deliver. I could see the same person but I'd rather see as many as I can so I've at least met the person who's going to be all up in my business delivering my baby.

Do you have the option to meet with any of them before you commit so that you can ask any questions you might have about how they work and their style of practice? That might help ease some of the pressure of choosing and you might just fall in love with the first one you meet.

I'm shooting for a natural/pain med-free birth but I don't have the option to use a birthing center so I'm stuck with the hospital. I'm not comfortable with a home birth and I think DH would think I was crazy if I brought the idea up to him. Plus, I like the option of drugs if I end up needing them. I'm just now looking into my options as far as techniques for pain management and things like that. I wish I could do a water birth but the hospital doesn't have tubs.

I have a friend (well, she's more of an acquaintance) that had a natural birth back in October and she's starting classes to become a doula in March so I've asked her about some tips and things she did to prepare so I will be glad to share any of that info with you when she gets back to me, if you'd like.

As far as a birth plan goes, I haven't really thought too far into it at this point other than I'd like to go drug free if I can. I'll look more into that in a month or two probably.
February 17th, 2010, 02:53 PM
Actually, I'm wondering about how they decide what midwife I get stuck with. I have an appointment on March 5 to meet whomever they put me with for that appointment, but I don't know whether I'll be stuck with that person, or whether I'll be in a situation where I can meet them all and decide.

I hope I have a choice.

March 30th, 2010, 04:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I've been terrible and have not checked here in awhile. How are things going? Anything new and exciting?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search